PDA

View Full Version : What's a good digital Casio watch?

Phazuka
11-06-09, 16:48
Looking for a good G-shock or Pathfinder Casio watch. I had Casio calculator and databank watches before, those didn't last long back in the 80's quality watches.

Jerm
11-06-09, 17:34
I'm very pleased with the Gulfman GW9100-1.

Solar powered,atomic timekeeping,and tough.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UV5QD0/ref=asc_df_B000UV5QD0957394?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=googlecom09c9-20&linkCode=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B000UV5QD0

awm14hp
11-06-09, 20:57
I got two of the 4 alarm multi time zone solar G shocks have worked really good for me as long as you dont use the auto light it kills the battery pretty fast

SeriousStudent
11-06-09, 21:30
I have an atomic clock solar G-shock, and have been quite pleased with it.

http://www.casio.com/products/Timepiece/G-Shock/GW330A-9V/

Durable, easy to read for my past 50 eyes, and quite rugged.

N4LtRecce
11-07-09, 00:06
I have a G shock solar atomic as well. I'm very pleased with it. I imagine Solar is also the way to go on the Pathfinder.

BiggLee71
11-07-09, 04:24
Looking for a good G-shock or Pathfinder Casio watch. I had Casio calculator and databank watches before, those didn't last long back in the 80's quality watches.

Dude,dont tell the world you had a Casio calculator watch!:D

Abraxas
11-07-09, 07:28
I loved my pathfinder. It was as durable of a watch as I have ever had.

smithjd
11-07-09, 09:18
Just got a Pathfinder a couple months ago because I lost my G Shock (that's about the only way to kill those). Too soon to know about its longevity, but so far I'm very happy with it.

It has the solar power and radio time set features. Its never been off fully charged, but will be anxious to see how 8 hours of sunlight / day + heavy clothes covering the watch makes a difference up here in the north. The radio time sync works every night, and even switched from DST on its own.

It also has the compass (accurate and nice backup) and barometer and altimeter. They both work off an air pressure sensor, and while the barometer is very accurate (when checked frequently against weather.com), the altimeter isn't so accurate because it works off the air pressure. You can set the altimeter at home, and it will vary several hundred feet from day to day.

I got it from the Amazon store. A lot of watch for the money if it holds up, and no reason now to think that it won"t.