PDA

View Full Version : Dave Harrington pisol May 5&6 Sturgis, MI

Dave G
03-03-07, 16:23
As far as I know, this is the first time Dave Harrington has done anything even close to this area. There are no prerequisites, but you will be expected to perform. Night shoot will be included.

Cost: $325

Contact me via PM or email davidg (at) cbpu (dot) com

From Dave:

E-mail: martialgun@AOL.com

February 28, 2007

Dave Harrington here,

The focus of the May 5th & 6th 2007 training event at the St. Joseph County Conservation and Sportsman Club in Sturgis Michigan is the technical and tactical use of the semi-automatic pistol.

Training participants are required to apply specific reality based safety concepts and specific training guidance that supports the continuous application of active security and safety measures for getting your weapons into action, keeping your weapons in action, and getting your weapons back into action with confidence and professionalism.

Technical and tactical proficiency equals effectiveness. Effectiveness is the measure of skill. Your skill is your reality.

I understand “mission success” can very well depend on the timely delivery of a single, well aimed and well placed shot. My dedication to every client’s “mission success” is to provide reality based firearms’ training that satisfies the clients’ technical and/or tactical needs whether they operate in a low, medium, or high threat environment.

Your technical and tactical knowledge base combined with your confidence, experience, and ability to apply your knowledge is the basis for every decision you make, and action you take to provide an efficient “solution” for a broad range of security “situations” that may (or may not) require the use of a firearm to resolve.

Martial Gun uses firearms training as a vehicle to develop the individual, understanding that once the individual has decided that the firearm should be used “under the circumstances” to perform its designated service, it becomes a matter of exactly when, and how to use the firearm effectively in the least amount of time within their authority to do so.

Martial Gun has developed a training methodology that conditions each individual to function as freely and professionally in training as they are expected to conduct themselves when using a firearm in any capacity without placing themselves or anyone else at unnecessary risk. This aspect alone enhances the individual’s confidence, increases there chances of surviving a hostile encounter, and mitigates the potential for “collateral damage”.

Martial Gun training methodology submerses the client in an environment that places emphasis on developing the participants abilities to; Project their awareness and increase their attention span while remaining calm to concentrate and function under the duress of the inherent danger of firearms training and learn to observe and absorb all of the information constantly being provided by all of the input mechanisms and acquire the mental agility to rapidly analyze, prioritize, decide, and act with synchronized effort in accordance with your authority to apply lethal force.

I have the “on demand” ability to draw on the technical and tactical knowledge base I acquired as a Special Forces Operator and Trainer with the subject matter expertise to meet each training participants wants and needs by creating the appropriate training and learning environment that will allow you to exercise and test your strengths, and identify your weaknesses.

I can clearly communicate the specific what, why, and how to refine your strengths and help you to eliminate your weaknesses by instilling the desire, discipline, and level of awareness necessary to develop the freedom of thought that will be required of you to become a well balanced fighter.

Your active participation in any Martial Gun training event is not just an immediate investment of your time, energy, and resources in the pursuit of higher skill; you will be better prepared to take full advantage of any and every future training opportunity.

You are required to provide the minimum equipment stated herein to support the quality and smooth flow of your handgun training;

Critical individual First Aid Items; You need a first aid kit to treat yourself for minor injuries, and a trauma kit w/ items that will allow you to be treated for gunshot wounds and shock to stabilize you for transport to the appropriate medical facilities.

Have a reliable handgun! Have the necessary cleaning and maintenance equipment. I do not recommend using various handguns throughout training.

Have a quality holster and 4 magazine pouches (2 doubles/4 singles, etc.) and a minimum of 4 ea. 15 rd magazines, or 6 ea. 10 rd magazines (1911 Drivers have 10 each 7/8 round magazines or 10 each 10 rd magazines.

Know your handguns zero. Expect to work as close as contact distance and out to as far as the facility allows.

Seasonal weather gear, functional clothing & foot gear.

Have a suitable garment or vest for concealment work.

Certified ballistic Eye & Ear protection, 2 pairs of each!.

Knee and Elbow pads are recommended.

Hand Held Flashlight(s) / Attachable Firearm lights w/extra batteries.

Bring a minimum of 1,500 rounds of ammunition.

Have at least 20 each ST Action Pro training rounds, they will be incorporated into training.

Duty uniform & equipment (to include “tactical” gloves) is recommended for participating military and law enforcement officers.

Be prepared to take notes! Plan to each lunch at the range on both training days!

When packing out for training remember; “It’s better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it”

None of this information may be reproduced in whole or in part without written permission by Martial Gun.

If you have received this document from the training coordinator / Martial Gun in preparation of an upcoming event, bring this document to training with you.

Dave G
03-13-07, 01:29
I still have slots open guys. If you have any questions about the class, myself, or Super Daves credentials, please get into contact with me. There will be a lot of trigger time for this class. Max number of shooters is 16. We'll run from about 8am Sat-11pm and then again Sunday 8am - ??

If you can swing it, this is a class you DON'T want to miss.

vscales
04-08-07, 04:21
E-mail inbound.

Stay safe,

Vince

Dave G
04-17-07, 04:24
Final bump. If you want in on this class I need to hear from you right away!

davidg@cbpu.com