PDA

View Full Version : HELP me find the right upper receiver!!!

CoryCop25
11-08-09, 01:36
I am in the process of building a 16" middy on a Noveske lower. I want to do this right. The Noveske lower has a CTR,MIAD grip, Gisselle FCG and the rest of the LPK will be from G&R Tactical. I want to use a 5.56 DD CHF middy barrel and a 12' DD lite rail. I like the VLTOR MUR upper but I think it is a bit too much cash and a bit too much for what I am going to use the rifle for. I am planning on this being the rifle i take to training schools. I will be running it hard but it is not a precision rifle. I will most likely equip it with a Micro T-1 and either a TLR2 or a Surefire G2 on a Vtac mount. The uppers I have in mind are the Vltor, Mega, Spkes and Bravocompany.

Belmont31R
11-08-09, 02:30
I am in the process of building a 16" middy on a Noveske lower. I want to do this right. The Noveske lower has a CTR,MIAD grip, Gisselle FCG and the rest of the LPK will be from G&R Tactical. I want to use a 5.56 DD CHF middy barrel and a 12' DD lite rail. I like the VLTOR MUR upper but I think it is a bit too much cash and a bit too much for what I am going to use the rifle for. I am planning on this being the rifle i take to training schools. I will be running it hard but it is not a precision rifle. I will most likely equip it with a Micro T-1 and either a TLR2 or a Surefire G2 on a Vtac mount. The uppers I have in mind are the Vltor, Mega, Spkes and Bravocompany.

Vltor if you want billet that looks different/futuristic. LaRue if you want a more traditional look.

For a standard forged upper I would go with BCM or Colt.

Iraqgunz
11-08-09, 03:29
I assume you mean just an upper receiver and not an upper receiver assembly. If so, I would just get a BCM upper. They are good to go. I used them on my SBR and the latest build last weekend.

Shamdawg
11-08-09, 06:01
I assume you mean just an upper receiver and not an upper receiver assembly. If so, I would just get a BCM upper. They are good to go. I used them on my SBR and the latest build last weekend.

Solid suggestion. I compared my BCM upper with many of my friends rifles and I am glad with my choice. For the cost and the quality, I have no complaints.

CoryCop25
11-08-09, 12:20
Thanks guys! I was leaning toward BCM but I never sae one up close. The Spike's matches the Noveske's finish and the Mega does not. BTW I am saving the LaRue for my SPR build.

beaker45
11-08-09, 23:20
Check out the Ranier billet upper. They have a group buy going on now for $179, beautiful upper. It is on AR15.com. They where selling 100 units, or the group buy will end Dec 31.

DTHN2LGS
11-09-09, 02:24
I have a BCM 16" Middy I bought as an assembly, and I think the upper receiver is very well made.

CoryCop25
11-09-09, 08:45
Beaker, I like that Ranier upper but the BCM seems to be the popular vote. I was headed that direction anyway because of price and the majority seems to think it's the best choice too.

usmcvet
11-15-09, 10:36
Thanks guys! I was leaning toward BCM but I never sae one up close. The Spike's matches the Noveske's finish and the Mega does not. BTW I am saving the LaRue for my SPR build.

I just had a chance to buy a BMC complete upper. with their BCG. It is awesome and they were on sale! I have a BCM complete lower that should be at my local gunshop tomorrow! I think you will be hppy. Super fast shipping and great communication. And the little kid in me likes the free goodies they throw in the box!

sewvacman
11-19-09, 22:55
I'm looking on thier site and I see they have upper receivers on sale, but they say "made by USGI contractor" and aren't listed as "BCM Upper Receivers". Are these the ones you are recommending or is there another product I can't find?

DTHN2LGS
11-22-09, 21:15
I'm looking on thier site and I see they have upper receivers on sale, but they say "made by USGI contractor" and aren't listed as "BCM Upper Receivers". Are these the ones you are recommending or is there another product I can't find?

Email Bravo Co. and ask them. I would just be guessing. Sorry.

CoryCop25
11-22-09, 22:33
I ordered an upper from Mega Machine Shop, it comes with a billet charging handle. I then saw the sale at Bravo Company and I will also be ordering one of those this week. :D