PDA

View Full Version : VLTOR products any good / military quality? Receiver extensions?

G19A3
11-08-09, 20:21
I know VLTOR stocks are popular but are their other stuff top notch? I need to pick up a few receiver extensions (buffer tubes) and came across this recent thread on TOS:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=459734

The receiver extensions on the AR's are important to the reliable functioning of the weapons. Anyone have the "older logo engraved" receiver extensions? Any problems or regrets? Are they forged like the Colt?

Thanks.

RD62
11-08-09, 21:23
The VLTOR RE's are GTG.

The last I checked if you buy a current production factory "kit" it does NOT include the regular RE, but a substitute RE that is 6 position with the screened logo, etc.

All RE's shipping from VLTOR as just the tube are still the 5 position, machined logo units.

Is one better than the other? According to VLTOR no, and they say they'll stand behind one just as much as the other. But if your looking for the one shown on their website that most of us are used to and what they are known for.

If you buy the stand alone tube you will get what you are looking for and they are nice. I have several.

-RD62

yallknowho
11-08-09, 21:26
I wanna know why they didn't put a vowel between the V and the L.

bkb0000
11-08-09, 21:34

The V is actually a U in latin.. pronounced correctly "ultor," but nobody says it like that.

chadbag
11-08-09, 21:39

Read the last FAQ entry

http://www.vltor.com/faq.htm

yallknowho
11-08-09, 21:40
oh, cool. thanks.

Stickman
11-08-09, 22:43
Vltor makes very high quality products, their largest problem seems to be their products being out of stock at most dealers.

C4IGrant
11-09-09, 13:34
I know VLTOR stocks are popular but are their other stuff top notch? I need to pick up a few receiver extensions (buffer tubes) and came across this recent thread on TOS:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=459734

The receiver extensions on the AR's are important to the reliable functioning of the weapons. Anyone have the "older logo engraved" receiver extensions? Any problems or regrets? Are they forged like the Colt?

Thanks.

Simply one of the best.

C4