PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Hostage Situation in MO

Outlander Systems
11-10-09, 13:52
Police surround office near Governor's Mansion for reported hostage situation:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/10/AR2009111006606.html

"JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Police have surrounded a Jefferson City office building near the Governor's Mansion and employees have been told to remain in their offices with the doors locked.

An office worker who was evacuated from one of the lower floors says police told him there was a hostage situation. But authorities have not confirmed that.

The Governor Office Building primarily houses the staff of the Missouri Public Service Commission, which regulates utilities. It also is home to the state's consumer advocacy office and a development finance board.

State employees in the building, reached by phone by The Associated Press, said police have told them to remain in their offices with the doors locked."

WTF is going on lately?

Outlander Systems
11-10-09, 14:01
http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=7228647

Safetyhit
11-10-09, 14:05
WTF is going on lately?

Good question.

Spade
11-10-09, 14:17
Good question.

I blame rap music.....honestly I have know idea but $#!* does seem to be getting pretty crazy.

Bubba FAL
11-10-09, 14:17
Latest local news is reporting a "suspected hoax". LEOs report nothing found...

Outlander Systems
11-10-09, 14:23
There was another hostage situation at a school in NY this morning.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6538087/New-York-hostage-crisis-gunman-takes-school-principal-hostage.html

Is there a boycott of looney meds going on that I don't know about?

Mark71
11-10-09, 14:27

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6538087/New-York-hostage-crisis-gunman-takes-school-principal-hostage.html

Is it just me or does it seem that every time there is a type of shooting spree / mass killing there are other events that take place soon after? Ft Hood > Orlando workplace shooting > NY School hostage situation ect. :confused: :mad:

Seriously WTF is wrong with people?!?!

Bubba FAL
11-10-09, 15:03

Your question is quite prescient. Back in the 1960's, legislation was enacted that restricted the ability to have mentally ill individuals involuntarily committed. Since that time it, has become even more difficult. So, now the mentally ill are allowed to roam freely in society. Not so bad, as long as they stay on their meds. Only problem is, unless someone else ensures that they take the meds, it doesn't happen. Typically, the individual starts feeling better, thinks they're cured and quits the meds. Look up the bad things that can result from immediate cessation of anti-depressants and other theraputic meds.

Then again, some folks just want their 15 minutes of fame, regardless of how it is achieved.

montanadave
11-10-09, 17:02
Just being reported... another shooting in Oregon. Two reported dead with another two injured at an office park in Tualitin, Oregon.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=125788821876435500

Another news account mentioned the shooting took place at a drug testing facility. (cannot verify that information at this time).

Appears to be open season for the restless, irritable, and discontent. :(

Additional Info: KGW (Portland channel 8 news) reporting suspect was armed with "an assault weapon" when he entered the Legacy Metro drug testing facility and opened fire, killing a man and woman and wounding as many as ten additional people. http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_111009_news_tualatin_shooting_.2a3049f68.html

BiggLee71
11-11-09, 12:27
Is it just me or does it seem that every time there is a type of shooting spree / mass killing there are other events that take place soon after? Ft Hood > Orlando workplace shooting > NY School hostage situation ect. :confused: :mad:

Seriously WTF is wrong with people?!?!

Copycats.As for what is wrong with people or society?? Well consider that for the last 150 years our country has been almost at continuous war.They take the brightest,most physically fit and send them off to die.Meanwhile they leave the physically deformed mentally unfit people home to reproduce en masse.Kinda like being a Horse or dog breeder who throws the best bloodlines away and only breeds the "crap".

Belmont31R
11-11-09, 12:50
Copycats.As for what is wrong with people or society?? Well consider that for the last 150 years our country has been almost at continuous war.They take the brightest,most physically fit and send them off to die.Meanwhile they leave the physically deformed mentally unfit people home to reproduce en masse.Kinda like being a Horse or dog breeder who throws the best bloodlines away and only breeds the "crap".

Copycats and also the media will report any shooting for the next month to make it look like a rash of shootings is going on.

I doubt war has anything to do with it....:rolleyes:

Safetyhit
11-11-09, 12:59
As for what is wrong with people or society?? Well consider that for the last 150 years our country has been almost at continuous war.They take the brightest,most physically fit and send them off to die.Meanwhile they leave the physically deformed mentally unfit people home to reproduce en masse.Kinda like being a Horse or dog breeder who throws the best bloodlines away and only breeds the "crap".

You speak as though everyone who joins up either dies while serving or somehow disappears from society altogether both during and after their service.

USGILT
11-11-09, 13:03
Sorry for the rant but…….. Why is it that these types of people always seem to think that they need to solve their problems by threatening the lives of innocent people in an attempt to make themselves feel important by harming others? Unfricken believable!

USGILT

Irish
11-11-09, 13:25

Your statement is ludicrous to say the least. Our government doesn't "take" the brightest, most physically fit and send them off to die. In fact alot of the most brilliant minds of the past century have never served in the military and there are plenty of extremely fit civilians who've never served. Also, the draft hasn't been used in quite some time and we're currently fighting multiple wars with people who volunteered to serve their country so they're not "taking" them. Along with that alot of our servicemen are returning every day and returning to civillian life so does that make them physically deformed or mentally unfit at that point in time?

Only the deformed and mentally unfit reside here while the uber-studs are off defending them? I could go on and on but any intelligent, rational thinking person would already come to the same conclusions I have.

And as for the topic at hand I think it's only going to get worse, much worse.