PDA

View Full Version : 1-4 Variable with FSB Picture Request

Pinnacle
03-04-07, 11:16
I was wondering if anyone had reticle pictures of a variable power tactical scope in use with a fixed FSB, at 1X and 4X. I am trying to decide if the front sight will bother me. I am planning on using one of four scopes: Meopta K-Dot, Trijicon Accupoint, Leupy CQT, or Leupy Mark IV Illuminated tactical. I will be putting whichever one I end up with in the appropriate Larue mount.

If you use any of these with a fixed FSB please tell me how you like it even if you do not have pics.

Thanks!!

Hoplophile
03-04-07, 15:36
Using a Meopta in a Larue SPR mount on a mid length carbine:

- At 4x you cannot see the front sight at all
- At 1x it is of course clearly visible. The view is similar to an Aimpoint but there is some distortion around the edges which becomes very obvious when you have the front sight there for reference.

Pinnacle
03-04-07, 15:49
Thank you very much! This is just the affirmation I needed. I am really looking forward to joining the variable power crowd. I have a couple Aimpoints and an Eotech now.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Bushytale
03-04-07, 21:10
Pinnacle, I have a Trijicon Accupoint 1.25-4X, because it is 1.25 and not 1.0 the front sight does not bother me. I also have a Weaver V3 which is 1.0-3X (a true 1 power) and the front sight on 1.0 is annoying. With a scope set at higher power the front sight disappears. Using an Eotech or Aimpoint with a fixed front sight base does not bother me at all in the lower 1/3 or true co-witness. Hope this helps you decide.

:) Billy