PDA

View Full Version : Pistol training in/near Connecticut?

Erik 1
11-11-09, 08:28
Does anybody have any recommendations for a good pistol instructor or school in or near Southwest Connecticut?

Thanks!

30 cal slut
11-11-09, 10:53
what are you looking to do?

there are a lot of private instructors affiliated with some private clubs in the area.

what part of SW CT? (gold coast i'm assuming).

-slut

Erik 1
11-11-09, 11:13
I'm in New Haven (sort of bronze coast?). I'm a pretty new shooter and I'm looking for good, practical instruction that will carry over to civilian self-defense situations. The topics that get covered in the training and tactics section of this forum generally seem to address what I am interested in learning. I've had some very basic instruction (enough to feel comfortable carrying) and practice on my own as regularly as I can. I plan to get additional training, and can do it sooner and more easily if there's somebody local (or close to local) to me.

Thenks very much.

30 cal slut
11-12-09, 06:49
Erik-

Contact Jamie Keever at Bridgeport Shooting Range.

http://www.bridgeportshootingrange.com

They are running handgun classes frequently and also have IDPA shoots every Tuesday night from 7 - 10 p.m.

If they don't have a class that you want, you can arrange for individual instruction.

Erik 1
11-12-09, 13:00
Awesome. Thanks. I'm a member there (it's where I go to practice) and have looked at some of their classes, but didn't know anything about the instructors. I'll check them out. I think they've even got some coming up soon.

30 cal slut
11-13-09, 09:44
Erik,

The one on one instruction at BSR is pretty good.

I'm also there in the winter pretty frequently ... so if you want to hook up sometime, I'd be more than happy to shoot the breeze (and some paper targets) with you.

-slut

Erik 1
11-13-09, 13:21
Sounds like fun.

EDIT: Tried to send this as a PM, but your inbox is full. It would be great to meet up there sometime. I try and get there as regularly as I can manage to practice. Sometimes weeknights on the way home from work. More often on a Sat. or Sun. I think I'm going to sign up for their next intro class on Dec. 5th and I'll try and go watch one of the IDPA or plate matches just to see what that's all about since it's all new to me. Shoot me a PM if you're thinking about going and maybe we can meet there one of these days. Next little while will be tough with the holidays, but I'm sure we can figure it out.

Thanks!

Erik

30 cal slut
11-16-09, 12:31
Erik,

Sorry, I just cleaned out my PM's.

-slut