PDA

View Full Version : Born Again American

ra2bach
11-11-09, 15:04
my Dad sent me this. I don't normally do this - pass things like this on but this one's really nice.

apologies if it's a dupe or to those who have seen it before...

http://www.bornagainamerican.org/index.html

montanadave
11-12-09, 12:36
Not to rain on the parade but the Born Again American campaign is sponsored by People For the American Way and Norman Lear who are... GASP! of the liberal political persuasion. :D

JLSKIP
11-12-09, 13:09
Even a broken watch is right twice a day. Just because someone is liberal, does not mean that their thoughts or beliefs are all automatically wrong.

Regardless of political leanings, what is best for this country is to have an educated, informed population that is active in having their views heard and represented.

ra2bach
11-12-09, 14:11
Not to rain on the parade but the Born Again American campaign is sponsored by People For the American Way and Norman Lear who are... GASP! of the liberal political persuasion. :D

Oh really? I did not know that!

I listened to it with half an ear and enjoyed what I heard. I did catch something about "hope" but thought the rest was pretty center or right of center. I guess the line, "My Bible and the Bill of Rights" is what threw me off?

anyway, I thought the message was asking for people to take an increased sense of responsibility for the direction of this country and to require accountability from our elected. you can't fault that.

catchy tune, anyway...

JLSKIP
11-12-09, 14:15
I thought the line about the bible and the bill of rights was interesting when you consider that Norman Lear has been campaigning against religion in politics for about 3 decades.

Can't say I blame him, look at the middle east.

montanadave
11-12-09, 15:25
Even a broken watch is right twice a day. Just because someone is liberal, does not mean that their thoughts or beliefs are all automatically wrong.

Regardless of political leanings, what is best for this country is to have an educated, informed population that is active in having their views heard and represented.

I don't necessarily think my watch is broken but I do agree with your sentiment. :D

Spiffums
11-12-09, 18:16
Do we still get to keep any hyphenated Race/Nationality that gives us a leg up on the rest of people if we sign up?

skyugo
11-12-09, 22:11

sadly neither party has a monopoly on good ideas. :D