PDA

View Full Version : Magazine won't drop free

UrbanRunner
11-11-09, 19:06
OK, maybe this is a stupid question but... Why would you not want a magazine to drop free?

I received a new MSAR magazine with a rifle and it doesn't drop free. I'm told that they are not designed to drop free. What's the point?

Mega
11-11-09, 19:28
I'm told that they are not designed to drop free.

You were told wrong. Magazines should drop free.

UrbanRunner
11-11-09, 19:40
You were told wrong. Magazines should drop free.

The information was directly from MSAR in response to my e-mailed question.

Mega
11-11-09, 19:42
Have you tried a USGI or Magpul magazine?

UrbanRunner
11-11-09, 19:47
Have you tried a USGI or Magpul magazine?

No to USGI, Yes to Magpul, and Yes to assorted metal magazines (may be USGI). They all worked like a charm in my LWRC. We also tried the MSAR magazine in my buddies Colt.

Mega
11-11-09, 20:10
Did it fall free in the Colt?

UrbanRunner
11-11-09, 20:14
Did it fall free in the Colt?

Nope.

Mega
11-11-09, 20:58
Well... It seems that you found your problem. ;)

UrbanRunner
11-11-09, 21:17
Well... It seems that you found your problem. ;)

Not sure I'm understanding.

I know the magazine will not drop free and MSAR tells me that they are not designed to drop free.

My "problem" is that I'm not understanding why they are designed that way. Why would you not want them to drop free?

kmrtnsn
11-11-09, 21:37
Funny how MSAR doesn't even advertise that they make AR magazines on their website. Web reviews of them are abysmal, too bad, because I never had any trouble with the polycarbonate AUG mags in the AUG platform.

UrbanRunner
11-12-09, 18:48
The person at MSAR who responded to my initial request for information gave me incorrect information. These magazines [U]ARE designed to drop free from the AR platform. So I apparently have a bad magazine. MSAR is going to make it right. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a good one. :)

Iraqgunz
11-12-09, 18:59
I would consider this a lesson. Why not get some mags that are proven to work for the same price rather than something that is questionable?

The person at MSAR who responded to my initial request for information gave me incorrect information. These magazines [U]ARE designed to drop free from the AR platform. So I apparently have a bad magazine. MSAR is going to make it right. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a good one. :)

UrbanRunner
11-12-09, 19:20
I would consider this a lesson. Why not get some mags that are proven to work for the same price rather than something that is questionable?

It came with the rifle.

Iraqgunz
11-12-09, 21:22
I saw that in your post. I was referring to any future purchases. I would send the mag back or just discard it.

It came with the rifle.