PDA

View Full Version : brass ejection question

rif4trbo
11-12-09, 18:30
Hi as you can see from my post count im not to active but i read the site everyday, my question is i have a daniel defense M4 and i have been shooting the federal 100rnd value packs from walmart out of it. Ive never had a problem with the gun but the brass hits the edge right before the brass deflector and goes out around 2 o'clock. i fired a hundred rounds of wolf black box and it is flying around 4 o'clock. The gun came with a H buffer and I installed a BCM extractor spring, insert, and o-ring. What is the optimal ejection pattern for the AR platform?

Iraqgunz
11-12-09, 18:55
IMHO there is no optimal ejection pattern. All ammo will function differently. I have had ammo eject at 1 o'clock, 2 o'clock and 3 o'clock with the same weapon.

Be concerned when you are having failures to eject.

Hi as you can see from my post count im not to active but i read the site everyday, my question is i have a daniel defense M4 and i have been shooting the federal 100rnd value packs from walmart out of it. Ive never had a problem with the gun but the brass hits the edge right before the brass deflector and goes out around 2 o'clock. i fired a hundred rounds of wolf black box and it is flying around 4 o'clock. The gun came with a H buffer and I installed a BCM extractor spring, insert, and o-ring. What is the optimal ejection pattern for the AR platform?

the.2nd1
11-12-09, 19:41
2 oclock to 3 oclock.I found out my brass doesn't get dented when it ejects in these directions.