PDA

View Full Version : s&w 360 range report

sullafelix
11-14-09, 15:51
I recently picked up a S&W 360 chiefs special for pocket carry . I've taken it to the range 3 times now so I thought I'd give my impressions. First off, with a scandium frame it is incredibly light - 13.3 oz. Even loaded and with an Uncle Mikes pocket holster it is under a pound. You hardly know it's there which for me at least means I am more likely to always carry it than I would with a heavier weapon. It also means more felt recoil when firing

I have put 3 types of ammo through it Speer Gold Dot .38 spcl +p 125 gr GDHP,Corbon .357 mag 125gr DPX (especially made for short barrels), and full load Speer Gold Dot .357 mag 125.gr GDHP.

The .38 +p had minimal recoil. The Corbon as expected had more recoil but no problem. The full .357 had substantial recoil -you would not want to fire 100 rounds through it at the range, you're hand would definitely be sore. But, for SD it is certainly manageable for the 5 rnd load.I haven't decided which to use as my carry round- either the Corbon or full .357. Since the Corbon is made for short barrel it supposedly has better expansion but is not quite as powerful. Accuracy was good with all three.

rickb210
11-15-09, 11:52
I also have the S&W M&P 360. Have shot the Speer GDHP SB in .38+P, 135 gr, & the GDHP SB, 135 gr, in .357 Mag. The .38+P is somewhat mild compared to the .357 load which was somewhere in between the .38+P & regular .357 Mag loads. Both, of course , are made for short barrels & shot well in my gun. In case anyone is looking for these loads: http://le.atk.com/general/speerproducts/handgun/GoldDotShortBarrel.aspx