PDA

View Full Version : Server clock farting?

Cold Zero
11-14-09, 16:01
I just got try again in 487 seconds on the search feature.

HeavyDuty
11-14-09, 16:04
We just had an instance of out-of-order posts in a thread, and now I'm getting this message when I search:

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 499 seconds.

Did the server have Taco Bell for dinner?

HeavyDuty
11-14-09, 16:45
And notice how your reply is above my original post?

HeavyDuty
11-14-09, 20:28
I think it's safe to say there are some time issues. M4C was recently placed on a new cluster of servers which helps with the speed of the site, but has the potential to introduce wierdness.

I'm sure the tech wizards who make all of this voodoo work will be able to fix it soon.

That explains it - one of the farm is probably unsynched.

John_Wayne777
11-14-09, 20:30
I think it's safe to say there are some time issues. M4C was recently placed on a new cluster of servers which helps with the speed of the site, but has the potential to introduce wierdness.

I'm sure the tech wizards who make all of this voodoo work will be able to fix it soon.

Thomas M-4
11-14-09, 22:11
I did search and it told me this..This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 277 seconds.
Damn I have been drinking but not that much :p

HeavyDuty
11-15-09, 07:22
I did search and it told me this..This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 277 seconds.
Damn I have been drinking but not that much :p

You can power through that message by trying repeatedly until it works.

rob_s
11-15-09, 07:38
You can power through that message by trying repeatedly until it works.
or just use google like most of us do since the search function here has never worked right. Just type "site:www.m4carbine.net" after whatever you want to search for and it will only search M4C.

HeavyDuty
11-15-09, 07:42
or just use google like most of us do since the search function here has never worked right. Just type "site:www.m4carbine.net" after whatever you want to search for and it will only search M4C.

This is for the "new posts" function which is just a pre-packaged time-based search. I agree with you about searching for specific stuff - crappy search is a hallmark of vB-based forums. (I co-moderate a huge one.) It's a limitation of the BB software.

Byron
11-18-09, 17:27
Any update on these server timing issues? Posts continue to inject themselves into threads out of order. It makes following technical discussions extremely difficult unless every single poster quotes the post immediately prior to theirs...

chadbag
11-18-09, 17:30
Any update on these server timing issues? Posts continue to inject themselves into threads out of order. It makes following technical discussions extremely difficult unless every single poster quotes the post immediately prior to theirs...

As far as I can tell it was fixed in the last hour. None of my posts in the last about 1 hour have been out of sequence and even have correct time stamps on them (whereas before they were always off by 10 min but everyones was off so it worked)