PDA

View Full Version : PacNor Rebarrel Project and Refinishing advice...??

SHIVAN
11-14-09, 22:12
Thinking of sending my Rem 700 in .308 to PacNor for a rebarrel to 338 Federal with integral brake.

Curious if anyone has used them, what do you think?

Mjolnir
11-22-09, 20:39
Thinking of sending my Rem 700 in .308 to PacNor for a rebarrel to 338 Federal with integral brake.

SHIVAN, a very close friend of mine who used to own a gun store used them extensively. He was very, very pleased and his rifles shot very well (~2/3" at 100 yards with 168 grain Fed GMM).

Terry
12-17-09, 11:03
Anyone else?
If you do get Pac Nor to rebarrel your rifle Shivan, could you comment on it please?
Thanks, Terry.

RyanB
12-17-09, 23:16
A local gunsmith told me he has had their guns apart and they do OK with threading and stuff but they aren't blueprinting scope mounting holes and installing dowels in the rail and receiver like he is. Another friend who is in a position to know says they shoot great on his hunting rifles.

DCR375
12-24-09, 21:48
I ordered a barrel from Pac-Nor in .260 Rem for my Savage 110fp back in 2002. Good stuff. Got classified in NRA High Power Rifle shooting it. I did not use their smithing services, as Savages are easily rebarreled.

Hound_va
12-24-09, 22:44
IMHO, I tend to stick with well known BR smiths when looking at precision rifle work. Tubes from Hart, Shillen, Krieger, Obermeyer to name a few. Good threading and a really good chamber with a squared up action are some of the basics of the BR crowd.

usmc51
01-01-10, 11:39
I've been happy with my dealings with Pac-Nor. Very nice people. Rifle is not complete, yet, so will have to comment later on shooting characteristics.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a312/51gunner/WinchesterM7030US.jpg

Robb Jensen
01-01-10, 12:05

Drew at WAR Rifles is making himself AR10 in .338 Fed using a Shilen blank.
I will likely have him rebuild my precision rifle sometime next year in .308 using a Krieger blank 1/10 twist for a 18" barrel very heavy profile. I want the receiver, lug are and barrel all the same profile so you can't really see the transistion. I want it on a Surgeon action and bolt.

SHIVAN
02-22-10, 10:37
Rebarrel is complete, and it should be back to me on the 26th. Unfortunately, I screwed up and assumed they would call when it was done and shipping back. So now it's headed back to me unfinished.

Shame too, because the local guy to them, who does the parkerizing, used to work there -- and knew how to disassemble the rifles and reassemble them the "PacNor" way.

So now I need to find someone who is extremely competent in refinishing, but more importantly in disassembly and reassembly of a Rem700.

Does ADCO do that sort of work?