PDA

View Full Version : .223 catches House on fire??? (This is the OP)

DragonDoc
11-14-09, 23:53
Okay I came across this on You Tube. This couch-borne Ranger has made a video on how to defend your home. There are classic references to how the solid door frames will stop anything. My favorite is uttered at 4:50 in the vid. .223 high velocity rounds will start a fire. Listen and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fd32nZcbNA

Avenger29
11-15-09, 00:05
I've got to get me an ubertactical Mirror of All Seeing. Will Tactical Tailor make me a pouch for one?

He explains the .223 setting houses on fire in the comments...extraordinary reasoning...

size x shape x mass x speed= heat! Combine friction with the right elements and you get fire! Please, someone explain then why .223 FMJ rounds BURN a nice clean hole through metal? The heat at the tip of .223 on initial contact measures in the THOUSANDS of degrees. No incendiary rounds needed. All incendiary rounds do is boost the chance for ignition. It's common physics people. Seen it!

Favorite highlights:

"Throw your food out the window towards your neighbor's place!"

"Poppin' folks as they leave!"

warpigM-4
11-15-09, 00:12
HAHAHA and I quote"My Family is not as High speed as I am" and he really likes his hide the mirror on the floor trick:rolleyes:He needs to find a house that is abandoned and test his theory on his door jam thought...nice of him to give the lay out of his house and his plans for defending his Home on the Internet and I also quote Gen. Patton "Rommel I read your damn Book!!!"You son Of a Bitch":D

sandman99and9
11-15-09, 08:31
Hahahaha, " clear by fire is a sound tactic " Shooting around the corner without looking. "
Lotta wood in that wall " :D "Them studs will stop just about anything "

S.M.

travistheone
11-15-09, 10:59
apparently a door jamb is stronger then a steel plate by his reasoning

parishioner
11-15-09, 11:36
Nice staircase.

DragonDoc
11-15-09, 13:31
HAHAHA and I quote"My Family is not as High speed as I am" and he really likes his hide the mirror on the floor trick:rolleyes:He needs to find a house that is abandoned and test his theory on his door jam thought...nice of him to give the lay out of his house and his plans for defending his Home on the Internet and I also quote Gen. Patton "Rommel I read your damn Book!!!"You son Of a Bitch":D

What he really needs is a single story open floor plan flat with no walls. That way he won't be tempted to recon by fire in his home.

crob1
11-15-09, 15:27
"You should "High Speed" vacuum your house before doing a video... I would let that place burn down if it did catch. "

That was my favorite comment.

Rider79
11-15-09, 15:44
Why does his dog look f**king terrified?

LA Sig
11-15-09, 17:57
:D

I couldn't make it all the way through the video. What a joke!

Avenger29
11-15-09, 18:33
Why does his dog look f**king terrified?

Because he points a gun at it? (violating a safety rule right there).

My dog knows exactly what a gun is and she doesn't like it when I bring them out to load them in the car.

CarlosDJackal
11-16-09, 09:59
This comment kinda explains it all: "...My family can shoot. But they're not as high speed as I am.." :rolleyes:

"clear by fire" - just another term for "spray and pray". Civil Defense lawyers are probably wincing watching this video. I know I was.

chadbag
11-16-09, 10:49
Maybe if you left cans of gas around your house and were shooting 223 tracers?

chadbag
11-16-09, 10:59
I almost have to believe that he created a troll video to rile people up.

That be what I was thinkin'

thopkins22
11-16-09, 11:07
apparently a door jamb is stronger then a steel plate by his reasoning

Dude...they're packed with wood.

I almost have to believe that he created a troll video to rile people up.

stipilot
11-16-09, 15:46
He's high speed, so get over it.

montanadave
11-16-09, 16:54
I am reasonably confident that my neighbor, after hearing multiple gunshots coming from my burning house, followed by the sight of me hurling food and toilet paper at his home from my second story window, will take pity and blow my brains out.

RPD03
11-16-09, 17:18
I let my guys watch this at an in-service training and it got lots of laughs. The unfortunate thing is that people will watch this and believe that this video actually demonstrates proper tactics and then get their butts sued or worse yet charged criminally.

Preferred User
11-16-09, 17:42
People like that should be sued for negligence. What if someone "less high-speed" watched that video and got killed because of the lunacy he prescribes as truth?

Ladder manufacturers get sued because people don't have the sense to put a ladder on solid ground without 20 warning labels, how is posting this any less negligent?