PDA

View Full Version : Vid of Taliban taking over abandoned US post in Afg

Belmont31R
11-16-09, 19:10
Looks like they got at least one M4 out of the deal complete with ACOG.

Maybe Im outside of my lane but why are these posts not dismantled or bombed? Seems like it almost might be a good time to have a drone watching these places, and then get quite a few Taliban with a couple bombs.

Warning- Liveleak has some NSFW pictures and links on every page...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=368_1258233735

rickrock305
11-16-09, 20:18
and a treadmill!

at the very least a few well placed booby traps would do nicely. some explosives rigged to that treadmill would have done a nice job.

11Bravo
11-16-09, 20:59
And the song keeps saying something to the effect of "my penis hurts from the goat herpes because I took my wife's burqa off and she is a blonde."
But I may be wrong about that.

Mac5.56
11-16-09, 22:14
somehow I doubt that they found that M4 there.

And hey, maybe we found a use other then a place for an oil pipeline for Afghanistan. We can use it as a dumping ground for all of the un-used gym equipment crowding up our living rooms, basements, and dens...

MIKE G
11-17-09, 10:24

wargasm
11-17-09, 14:32
Hopefully some swine flu virus was slathered on all of the stuff for the Al-Kiddies to share with their brood.

Kentucky Cop
11-17-09, 15:08
I dont know why we don't leave behind some type of motion or sound detectors to alert forces in the area when there is movement at this place. That would have been a huge hit if we could get those guys all in the same place having their little field trip. Whether it be a predator or fighter jets in the area to make the grab.

Ky Cop

Ray T
11-17-09, 15:29
We should place a piece of pig flesh in the hollow cavity in our Mk 262 mod 1 ammo, and tell them that we did.

Phazuka
11-17-09, 18:30
Why that base wasn't carpet bombed at that exact moment is beyond my comprehension. The only video that photographer should have got is of a string of 50, 2000lb JDAMS impacting simultaneously on that COP.

parishioner
11-17-09, 20:02
Why that base wasn't carpet bombed at that exact moment is beyond my comprehension. The only video that photographer should have got is of a string of 50, 2000lb JDAMS impacting simultaneously on that COP.

My thoughts exactly. I was also waiting for some one of their heads to explode from U.S. precision sniper fire but...

grunz
11-17-09, 20:21
Seriously, why not booby trap the whole thing give them back a taste of IEDs.

MIKE G
11-17-09, 20:34

CarlosDJackal
11-18-09, 09:39
Two words: "ARC LIGHT"

Ash Hess
11-18-09, 10:58
This is actually a place called Gowerdesh. It was lost last fall. It was established a few years ago. It is up the valley from the location of the Battle of Gowerdesh where SFC Monti lost his life. You can actually see the hills around the 2 minute 30 second mark where the battle took place.
This camp was established by Bravo Troop, 3rd Squadron 71st Cavalry Regiment and was main camp for Charlie Troop, 3-71 Cav.

uwe1
11-24-09, 19:04
Would this have anything to do with them taking over our bases?

From: http://threatswatch.org/rapidrecon/2009/11/whispers-of-surrender-in-afgha/

Whispers of Surrender in Afghanistan?
UPDATE BELOW

It comes to our attention that the MEMRI Blog highlights an article from the Saudi al-Watan in Arabic that - according to an Afghan source - the United States is talking to the Taliban seeking to trade control of 5 provinces in exchange for the cessation of attacks on US bases. MEMRI summarizes:

An Afghan source in Kabul reports that U.S. Ambassador in Afghanistan Karl Eikenberry is holding secret talks with Taliban elements headed by the movement's foreign minister, Ahmad Mutawakil, at a secret location in Kabul. According to the source, the U.S. has offered the Taliban control of the Kandahar, Helmand, Oruzgan, Kunar and Nuristan provinces in return for a halt to the Taliban missile attacks on U.S. bases.

Kunar province borders the Khyber Pass region where the majority of US and NATO supplies pass enroute from Pakistan. And the remaining four provinces constitute fully the southern 25% of Afghanistan's territory.

This, if true, is a disturbing development.

I have tried to come up with scenarios of why someone would lie about it in a leak. What would be to gain? Who would gain, and what would they gain? Without sleeping on it, the options for such appear narrow at best.

What does seem logical is that an Afghan privy to the negotiations could have become (rightly) spooked that they might just pull it off, and leaked word in hopes that it might so anger American public opinion that the entire endeavor might be scrapped. That's the most logical explanation for motivation I see at the moment.

It would also fit in consistently with Ambassador Eikenberry's leaked cables recently railing against a 'surge' in forces in Afghanistan. He wouldn't voice such without thinking he has his hands on something else. Could this be it? The surrender of 25% of Afghan territory in exchange for some form of ceasefire?

One would hope not. But if so, this demonstrated type of 'effort' in Afghanistan would prove to be the strongest indication that it may be time to advocate the full pullout of American forces from Afghanistan.

If this is true, then not one more drop of American blood for a path that resembles Pakistan's path. You recall Pakistan's series of surrenders touted as agreements, right?

InBrief 2006: Pakistan Cedes North Waziristan to Taliban
RapidRecon 2008: Farewell Optimism: Miranshah II = Miranshah I in North Waziristan
Yeah. How's that working out for Pakistan these days? And we want some of that? Do we?

aggopian
11-24-09, 19:18
and now we have to read them their rights apparently.....