PDA

View Full Version : Competitions

gfunx2000
11-16-09, 22:18
Is anyone shooting in any competitions or matches or whatever in the area?

JSantoro
11-17-09, 16:48
NRA HQ is in Fairfax, they're likely to have some leads: http://www.nrahq.org/compete/index.asp

Also, several of the gents working @ Virginia Arms in Manassas are competitors, and I'm sure that they'd be happy to point you in the right direction.

Brother Rat
11-17-09, 17:05
There was a 3-Gun at Quantico this past weekend.

joshs
11-17-09, 20:32
There is a USPSA match in Fredericksburg on the first Sunday of the month. Their website is www.fredericksburgps.com

Robb Jensen
11-17-09, 21:17
Steel Challenge at Blackwater this coming Sunday.

Their website is:
www.blackwatershooters.com

I'll be shooting a suppressed .22 Ruger in Rimfire Irons.

gfunx2000
11-17-09, 21:45
Brother Rat,
I shot the 3 Gun at Quantico. It was the first match I've shot. I'm pretty much addicted now :D

GotM4,
The Steel challenge sounds fun. Do you know how long it takes to get down there and the match fee?

Thanks

Chris Rhines
11-29-09, 12:05
I shoot the multigun matches at Quantico and Blackwater, and USPSA/Steel Challenge matches at Fredericksburg, North Mountain, and elsewhere.

Fredericksburg is doing a Steel Challenge match on 12/6/09. If you have never shoot Steel Challenge, you should give it a try. High round count, and loads of fun.

-C

NightFighter
12-18-09, 10:24
I shoot the multigun matches at Quantico and Blackwater, and USPSA/Steel Challenge matches at Fredericksburg, North Mountain, and elsewhere.

Fredericksburg is doing a Steel Challenge match on 12/6/09. If you have never shoot Steel Challenge, you should give it a try. High round count, and loads of fun.

-C

Do you have to be a member of the Quantico Shooting Club to participate in the multi gun matches held in their facility?

Robb Jensen
12-18-09, 10:39
Do you have to be a member of the Quantico Shooting Club to participate in the multi gun matches held in their facility?

No the matches are open to the public.

The contact email for the match director is: Quantico3gun@gmail.com