PDA

View Full Version : Colt #6721 new versus old

mike240
03-05-07, 18:17
Just got a couple new 6721s for my guys at work and upgraded a few things. But did notice differences from those bought in '96 and a few years after....

M4 feed ramped, "T" marked (white inlay) uppers.
longer selector/safety switch
different contour of the barrel (still marked HBar but there is an additional "step' down under the handguards)
lower receiver still marked "restricted" on left side, but bears the new Colt Defense name and indicates "Made in Canada"

Nothing new to you that see new ARs all the time, but I found it interesting since I have just been keeping old ones running for so long.

Kisara
03-07-07, 00:15
Can you please post a photo of the lower reciever markings?

mike240
03-07-07, 11:46
I ve never posted pics but will provide a link to one just like mine, that shows a pic....http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=67170418

AR-15A3
03-07-07, 13:33
Are those Canadian made marked LE carbines just for LE sales only?

The seller at the Gun Broker stated that there are only a few of those rare carbines with the noted markings, I wonder if more of those carbines will be showing up from the Colt dealers.

My 6721 I bought in '05 was made in '04:

lower is marked Colt Mfg. and LE restricted
M4 feedramps
white T marks
standard selector
upper receiver forge marks Diemaco stylized 'D' and Anchor Harvey (splintered letter 'A')
detachable carry handle forge marks are splintered 'A' and letter 'B'

If the new Canadian marked carbines won't be sold here in the US in the future, those would be nice for collection. :cool:

jacketch
03-07-07, 18:50
Which bolt carrier?

I have two 6721's and got one of each type of bolt carrier.

Eric
03-08-07, 20:13
Also,
- old ones had a shaved carrier vs the current M16 type carrier.
- older ones had the non-ribbed buttstock with the smaller footprint vs the new "M4" style ones.

AR-15A3
03-09-07, 01:33
All current LE models comes with M16 bolt carriers, they started that change back in Feb.-Mar. 2005.

My '04 6721 came with the older C type (half moon) semi-auto bolt carrier but I replaced it with a Colt M16 BCG the same time the factory changed.