PDA

View Full Version : Seth Harness's Anti carrier tilt buffer assembly ARRIVED today WOOOO WHOOOOO ! ! ! !

IPSC_GUY
11-17-09, 00:26
Seth's much awaited buffers came in the mail today. I had ordered 3 buffers (2 for Bushy/Aries kits and 1 for an Adams Arms kit) and I am pleased as punch with the final product. The machining looks top notch as does the anodizing. I know Seth tried more than a couple of finishes but in the end the Anodizing IMHO is the best.

The fit to the back of my carriers is perfect. I was worried that my measurements I sent Seth were off but they are spot on. Also the small cut out on the bottom side of the shank which depresses the buffer retaining pin when inserting the buffer into the receiver extension is pure genius right there.

Now in a nod to keeping upper and lower break down as normal, I notched out the back of my carrier. 15 minutes with a die grinder and the notched carrier easily moves over the nipple on the buffer. This allows my upper and lower to be opened just like any other AR. To me this is the icing on the cake and removes the ONLY down side to this design. I will sand blast and gun kote my carrier in the next couple of days, 1. to put a finish on the back of the carrier and 2. see if the wear patterns change now that the buffer is holding the carrier in alignment.

The Flat spring that comes with the buffer got cut down and I have to say that overall the action of the bolt in the upper and receiver extension is now MUCH smother than before. When I say much I mean this is probably the smoothest AR I can remember ever owning or shooting. That was unexpected and is a NICE touch.

I will get out and blast away in the next week but I am COMPLETELY confident this will solve carrier tilt ONCE and FOR ALL ! ! !

Thanks Seth I know this has not been easy to bring this to market but I for one, am glad you did.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

eckersr
11-19-09, 12:30
Hello, I am interested in the buffer you are referrering to. I also bought an adams arms kit when they first came out only to later find out they now offer a bolt carrier. Im kinda pissed with adams arms. Anyway.....can you tell me how I can the buffer you speak of?

Thanks

Mike

P.S. How do you like your adams arms piston set-up? I have yet to shoot mine due to the carrier issues?

Byron
11-19-09, 12:56
can you tell me how I can the buffer you speak of?
Information thread here: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=15453
You can contact Seth Harness through the site here.

I'm looking forward to getting mine once the next batch is completed.

Seth Harness
11-25-09, 15:01
Seth's much awaited buffers came in the mail today. I had ordered 3 buffers (2 for Bushy/Aries kits and 1 for an Adams Arms kit) and I am pleased as punch with the final product. The machining looks top notch as does the anodizing. I know Seth tried more than a couple of finishes but in the end the Anodizing IMHO is the best.

The fit to the back of my carriers is perfect. I was worried that my measurements I sent Seth were off but they are spot on. Also the small cut out on the bottom side of the shank which depresses the buffer retaining pin when inserting the buffer into the receiver extension is pure genius right there.

Now in a nod to keeping upper and lower break down as normal, I notched out the back of my carrier. 15 minutes with a die grinder and the notched carrier easily moves over the nipple on the buffer. This allows my upper and lower to be opened just like any other AR. To me this is the icing on the cake and removes the ONLY down side to this design. I will sand blast and gun kote my carrier in the next couple of days, 1. to put a finish on the back of the carrier and 2. see if the wear patterns change now that the buffer is holding the carrier in alignment.

The Flat spring that comes with the buffer got cut down and I have to say that overall the action of the bolt in the upper and receiver extension is now MUCH smother than before. When I say much I mean this is probably the smoothest AR I can remember ever owning or shooting. That was unexpected and is a NICE touch.

I will get out and blast away in the next week but I am COMPLETELY confident this will solve carrier tilt ONCE and FOR ALL ! ! !

Thanks Seth I know this has not been easy to bring this to market but I for one, am glad you did.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Thanks man, Im glad your pleased.
The next batch is filling the last couple spots right now, shouldnt be too much longer.
Thanks guys,
Seth Harness

IPSC_GUY
11-29-09, 10:44
Ok I have had a chance to get out and put some rounds (700 over the last week) down range with the new buffer (and new receiver extension) and there isn't even a hint of wear on the bottom of the receiver extension. Also the smooth nature of the whole set up is very nice. I have had several people comment on the glass smooth nature of the bolt/carrier in the upper when someone pulls the charging handle back.

The proof of concept proved these worked and the production models do NOT disappoint. Carrier Tilt solved.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

E-man930
11-29-09, 17:26
pics please...

Zeus
12-05-09, 15:16
Yes, pics please!