PDA

View Full Version : Need an Advice on a trigger

zgrins1
11-18-09, 06:39
I guess I need an advice on what to do. For the past 6 months I was obsessing over getting a 5.45 upper since I had a good sense to stack up on 10k of 5.45 ammo for my ak-74 before prices went up and my job went down the drain. Finally I was able to set aside enough to get it. Last Friday as I received a UPS package I promptly changed the spring, slapped an upper on top of a lower and mounted a DD A1.5 on. The next day I went to the range. I also took my other AR with me to reconfirm zero after remounting my Eotech that I gave to a friend to try out. Here is my problem. After shooting about 60 rds. of 5.45 I was starting to fill uncomfortable as a pad of my shooting finger was getting a bit sore and tender. Towards the end I found myself trying to use a joint to pull the trigger. So I decided to put a 5.45 aside and re-zero my EO on the other rifle. OMG! What a difference. Granted I have 4.5lbs Timney trigger on it, but the difference is just unbelievable. Also the recoil on my 5.45 is about twice of that 5.56. Here is a setup on both rifles.
A 5.45 S&W carbine upper with a BCG and a CH and a DD A1.5, Stag lower with a G&R LPK, Magpul BAD CS spring, an H buffer and Vltor E-mod stock (mil-spec). C-Products 5.45 mag with Russian Mil surplus ammo.
A 5.56 Sabre Defense middi upper with a surefire rail with a Pentagone X3 and XT rail panels, a BCM BCG, Gas buster CH, EO 552 and ARMS 40L, RRA lower with Timney 4.5lbs trigger pack with KNS anti-rotation pins, Magpul BAD and ACE SOCOM stock with a regular carbine spring and an H buffer . Also has a Vickers sling. P-mags with LC m193.
By comparison my 5.56 feels like a .22. I have no problem with a stronger recoil and sure like hell can deal with it, but I have to do something about that trigger. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

C4IGrant
11-18-09, 09:45
I guess I need an advice on what to do. For the past 6 months I was obsessing over getting a 5.45 upper since I had a good sense to stack up on 10k of 5.45 ammo for my ak-74 before prices went up and my job went down the drain. Finally I was able to set aside enough to get it. Last Friday as I received a UPS package I promptly changed the spring, slapped an upper on top of a lower and mounted a DD A1.5 on. The next day I went to the range. I also took my other AR with me to reconfirm zero after remounting my Eotech that I gave to a friend to try out. Here is my problem. After shooting about 60 rds. of 5.45 I was starting to fill uncomfortable as a pad of my shooting finger was getting a bit sore and tender. Towards the end I found myself trying to use a joint to pull the trigger. So I decided to put a 5.45 aside and re-zero my EO on the other rifle. OMG! What a difference. Granted I have 4.5lbs Timney trigger on it, but the difference is just unbelievable. Also the recoil on my 5.45 is about twice of that 5.56. Here is a setup on both rifles.
A 5.45 S&W carbine upper with a BCG and a CH and a DD A1.5, Stag lower with a G&R LPK, Magpul BAD CS spring, an H buffer and Vltor E-mod stock (mil-spec). C-Products 5.45 mag with Russian Mil surplus ammo.
A 5.56 Sabre Defense middi upper with a surefire rail with a Pentagone X3 and XT rail panels, a BCM BCG, Gas buster CH, EO 552 and ARMS 40L, RRA lower with Timney 4.5lbs trigger pack with KNS anti-rotation pins, Magpul BAD and ACE SOCOM stock with a regular carbine spring and an H buffer . Also has a Vickers sling. P-mags with LC m193.
By comparison my 5.56 feels like a .22. I have no problem with a stronger recoil and sure like hell can deal with it, but I have to do something about that trigger. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Your 5.45 feels like it has so much more recoil is because it is over gassed (FYI). Add a CS buffer spring and H3 buffer. A MB of some kind will help as well.

C4