PDA

View Full Version : WWII in HD

Thomas M-4
11-18-09, 11:54
Yep watching it right now.

WillBrink
11-18-09, 11:59
Anyone been watching the WWII in HD series on the History Channel? The series is using all color stock film, much of which (they claim) has never been seen on TV. The series is extremely well done, narrative excellent, interviews with vets who were at the battles covered in the segment exceptional. Some just choke me all up...May be the finest WWII documentary series I have seen. See:

http://www.history.com/content/wwii-in-hd

Thomas M-4
11-18-09, 12:04
:confused: how did my post get on top?

Erik 1
11-18-09, 12:08
Thank you for reminding me about this. I will try and watch tonight.

mattjmcd
11-18-09, 12:38
saw an episode the other night. pretty good, imo. reminds me of an ABC special from about 7 years ago called "Shooting War".

rickrock305
11-18-09, 12:38
caught some of it last night. very good.

WillBrink
11-18-09, 12:40

I wondered that myself.

bulbvivid
11-18-09, 17:16

There's another post here somewhere that addresses this issue. Something about the server clock, maybe?

I watched the first episode and have DVRed the others shown so far. Really well done. Looking forward to watching the rest, it's one of the few things I've felt compelled to watch lately.

chadbag
11-18-09, 17:20

there is a thread about it in the system issues category. Seems one of the servers this runs on has a screwy clock. It also seems to have been fixed about 45 minutes ago, give or take. My posts are now all listed with the exact time they were made. That is a new one for M4C (previously my posts were all 10 min off before the posting screwiness of out of order posts started in the last few days)

kbrdann
11-18-09, 18:27
Been watching all day.

ZDL
11-18-09, 18:43

JackOSU
11-18-09, 19:08
I've been watching it all the way through and dvr'ing it. Some very detailed stories. Reminds me of the stories my grandfather told me with him storming several beaches in the Pacific during a high school project I did many years ago. While he never went into any gruesome details he did often stop and pause many times like he was there again. He said it forever changed him in many ways. He passed away several years ago, but I have his pictures in my living room in his uniform and it reminds me every day that they truly were the greatest generation and the sacrifices those in uniform make every day.

SteyrAUG
11-18-09, 23:18
Set the DVR, been watching. Pretty cool series, will probably buy the DVD when available.

wargasm
11-19-09, 02:27
It's the old school real deal ass kicking!

Lumpy196
11-19-09, 12:11
Pre-ordered the DVD. Awesome series.

ToeCutter
11-19-09, 13:18
It is nice that the History channel is airing programs that actually pertain to real history again. I wonder how long this will last. But yeah watching WWII HD right now. This one is about gaudalcanal. Just so happens my grandfather was in the big naval battle at guadalcanal.

sandman99and9
11-19-09, 13:43
Got home a little while ago and it is on right now. Good show with lots of stuff not shown before.

S.M.

geminidglocker
11-19-09, 14:27
I'm watching the series. My Grampa fought in the Pacific Islands. It makes me glad I only had to fight in Iraq. God Bless all of the folks that have fought or died for our country.

cobra90gt
11-20-09, 10:04
Watched the "WWII in HD" series - good stuff.

FWIW - A good portion of the "WWII in HD" series footage appeared quite familiar.

IIRC, it can be seen in "The Color of War" series on history channel/military history channel. I definitely enjoyed the interviews with the vets they featured in the "WWII in HD" series.

I've seen episodes of "The Last Days of WWII" on history channel/military history channel as well and enjoyed that series too. And then there's "The Word At War" series (ya know, the one advertised on those TV commercials)... :D