PDA

View Full Version : NC roll call

Maximus
03-06-07, 07:48
Just wanted to know who's from NC here on the forum and where you shoot. Since I don't have an AR yet, I shoot at a range that is strictly pistol calibers or shotgun and need some ideas of where to go once I do get my "homeland defense" rifle.

9sigman45
03-06-07, 11:24
I'm a member of the Yadkin Valley Sportsmans Club (Pinnacle, NC). It's not fancy, but it's close by and secluded.;)

hgary2003
04-10-07, 04:02
I live out in Gaston County N.C. between Stanley, and Mt. Holly, "out in the sticks" I live far enough back in no mans land I can go out behind my house and target shoot, so I never have far to go. I love it..

NCPatrolAR
04-10-07, 20:22
I live in Union county and shoot at various ranges in the area.

Striker5
04-11-07, 06:23
I live in Jacksonville and I spend most of my time at the shoddy, poorly supervised Sportsman's Lodge where I can pretty much do whatever I want, but am constantly on the lookout for incoming fire from Marines sailors and their bored, gunshy significant others. I go to Flatwoods to shoot long guns. Flatwoods has a monopoly on ranges and they know it - it shows in the attitude of some of their staff. Also LOTS of people go their so they are safety Nazis (that sounds bad, but I think you know how it's intended).

jsta5.56shooter
04-11-07, 19:31
statesville here,duncan sporting goods in wilksboro,shooters express in gastonia,all over the woods,ask the guys at shooters in statesville about allison woods.:cool

Glockster35
04-11-07, 20:04
Goldsboro here, I am about to drop the cash to get a membership at a place known as the Edwards range, owned by a local police officer named Edwards.

I also shoot at the base range from time to time, as I have easy access to it. I am still looking for a nearby spot of land to do some longer distance rifle shooting.

heijutsu
04-13-07, 00:32
I live in Greensboro, and shoot up the road at the Rockingham Gun Club. Great, beautiful range that has a 100-200 yard rifle range, Rimfire and pistol ranges and skeet and trap ranges.

jswanson
04-13-07, 02:24
Greensboro here as well... ;)

Calibers Indoor Range and Archers Outdoor Range for me. Both in Greensboro.

smith m4
04-13-07, 20:30
Raleigh area here!!!

Chris Poston
04-14-07, 20:29
NW Harnett County

Shooting Sports Inc. near Louisburg is my primary range.

JoshNC
04-15-07, 11:38
The Triangle here.

I shoot indoors at Personal Defense and Handgun Safety (http://www.goshoot.com) (where I also work part-time) and outdoors at The Range in Oxford. I also used to be a member at Buckhorn Gun Club in Mebane and shoot occasionally with a buddy who is a member at Durham Rifle and Pistol Club.

Of those above, Personal Defense and Handgun Safety is the only one you can shoot at as a non-member. You cannot shoot rifle here, however.

Range One down in Lillington is also open to the public and allows rifle shooting.

ARinNC
04-16-07, 12:12
I live in Greensboro, and shoot up the road at the Rockingham Gun Club. Great, beautiful range that has a 100-200 yard rifle range, Rimfire and pistol ranges and skeet and trap ranges.
Awsome, I live in Kernersville and need a place to shoot, can you give me more info on this place?

ARinNC
04-16-07, 12:12
Greensboro here as well... ;)

Calibers Indoor Range and Archers Outdoor Range for me. Both in Greensboro.
Where is this outdoor range?

smith m4
04-16-07, 12:58
NW Harnett County

Shooting Sports Inc. near Louisburg is my primary range.

can you give me more info about this place?

Address?
Phone number?

Thanks