PDA

View Full Version : Kydex Mag Pouches: Blade-Tech or Raven

rjacobs
11-19-09, 12:23
I need to pick up a double pistol mag holder and 2 single M4 mag holders to finish off my belt rig. I want kydex ones since I am putting them right on the belt and not on a molle belt pad. I am down to Blade-Tech or Raven. Both, from what I can tell, are GTG. I have a Raven phantom coming my way so I was thinking of just sticking with all Raven stuff. Any reason I shouldn't go with Raven and should go with Blade-Tech? Price is about the same so thats not a concern.

Shane1
11-20-09, 08:35
Let me preface this by saying I own a shit-ton of BT and several RCS products. I like the BT pouches as they dont take up as much room width-wise as RCS. I like the RCS since it sits closer for concealment purposes. I use my RCS as EDC/Duty. Are you going to be using this for training only or EDC/Duty? You really can't go wrong with either but since your going with RCS for your holster, use thier mag pouches. That way you will match. :D

rjacobs
11-20-09, 09:20
It will be for training only as its going on my first line belt. I wont be concealing these. I am going to be using the Phantom as my EDC IWB holster, but I just carry a reload in my pocket. So this stuff will not be for concealment. I wont be using the Raven on this belt, I have a Safariland for my MP that I use for OWB stuff.

Shane1
11-20-09, 10:46
In that case, the BT give you more options belt mounting wise, Tec-lok or loops. I actually prefer the older style BT loops over the newer ST loops. FWIW I have used BT as my 2 mag pouch on my duty belt for about the last 13 years or so. I never had a problem with loop breakage or lost mags . The only issue I have had was one cracked in the front where the tension screw was. This was due to being over tightened by the person I loaned it to. This was one of the 1st BT pouches I had ever bought so it was well used and abused. I superglued the crack just for S&G's and it rides on my tac rig. Still works 100%. Hope this helps