PDA

View Full Version : "thats all the ammo we had"

chadbag
11-20-09, 10:33
I did a Google search of the site and did not see anyone had posted this (at least using the Sheriff's name Grady Judd). Way to go Florida

Just read it directly on snopes because otherwise you will end up there trying to verify this...

http://www.snopes.com/crime/cops/judd.asp

Not listed in the snopes article but supposedly this also happened

The Coroner also reported that the illegal alien died of natural causes.

When asked by a reporter how that could be since there were 68 bullet wounds in his body, he simply replied "when you are shot 68 times you are naturally gonna die."

thopkins22
11-20-09, 10:52
It reminds me of a quote I heard somewhere that actually sounds like a good answer...other than of course not saying anything at all.

Q:"Why did you shoot the guy nine times?"
A:"Because eight wasn't enough and ten seemed like it would be too much."

Coiffio
11-20-09, 12:17
Good ol' Polk County. I do have to admit I always wanted to live there.

Dave Berryhill
11-20-09, 12:21
Cause of death - "airborne lead toxicity" ;)

PPGMD
11-20-09, 12:23
Good ol' Polk County. I do have to admit I always wanted to live there.

I wouldn't admit that around anyone from Florida.

caelumatra
11-20-09, 12:26
Similar thing happened back in July in Chattanooga. Similar but not nearly the same

http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=9015756

Chattanooga police fired 53 shots at suicidal man to subdue him; doctors count 43 bullet wounds. 6 officers were involved

ZDL
11-20-09, 12:26

Palmguy
11-20-09, 12:27

No kidding...I've lived in Florida for the majority of my life, and in central Florida for 5 years; and I don't think that I've ever desired to live in Polk County even for a fleeting second.

murphy j
11-20-09, 23:16
So......just out of curiosity; What's the deal with Polk County? Is it like Deliverance, but in Florida? :D

agr1279
11-21-09, 06:36
Most surrounding areas swat teams where in on that. I know a few of the previous owners of those 68 rounds.

I know a guy that owned about 20 or so of those rounds. He had been back from Afgan for a little more than a year when that happened. He did it with a semi-auto AR.

sandman99and9
11-21-09, 06:52
So......just out of curiosity; What's the deal with Polk County? Is it like Deliverance, but in Florida? :D

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr147/sandman99and9/deliverance.jpg

Every time I drive down to lakeland I swear I hear banjos in the woods :D:D

S.M.

loupav
11-21-09, 09:38
"But you just killed a man."
"No. I shot him. Bullets and the fall killed him."

RogerinTPA
11-21-09, 10:35

Pretty much sums it up. Bubba driven. Most of the guest of Jerry Springer reside there.

Coiffio
11-22-09, 15:54

I only live like two hours north in Gainesville. My redneck family lives in Dade City and I'd be willing to be that is just as Deliverance as Lakeland. Last Wal Mart I ever saw .45 ACP in too.

HES
11-23-09, 00:24
Pretty much sums it up. Bubba driven. Most of the guest of Jerry Springer reside there.
And that is not hyperbole. Look at Springer's movie "Ringmaster". They lived around the area.

gogetal3
11-23-09, 14:28
No kidding...I've lived in Florida for the majority of my life, and in central Florida for 5 years; and I don't think that I've ever desired to live in Polk County even for a fleeting second.

I second that. I've had the distict pleasure of being a beer salesman in Polk for little under a year. Everyone I dealt with was miserable there. Now I did date a smokin hot blonde for a while from Polk..Bout the only beautiful thing I've seen out there

Gutshot John
11-23-09, 14:33
There should be a maxim that says- Visitors would be smart to obey the law in a place where the local Sheriff is named "Grady."

Palmguy
11-23-09, 14:39
I only live like two hours north in Gainesville. My redneck family lives in Dade City and I'd be willing to be that is just as Deliverance as Lakeland. Last Wal Mart I ever saw .45 ACP in too.

Yeah, you are correct on that.

Irish
12-01-09, 03:48
My new heroes! Should've went and got more rounds ;)

jtb0311
12-01-09, 06:51
I read something similar about an SAS guy who shot and IRA man in Gibraltar in the 70s or 80s. THe IRA guy was known to be planning a bomb attack, and the SAS guy shot him when he was able to under his ROE. He shot him 13 times with a BHP. Later, at the inquest, he was asked why he'd shot the IRA man 13 times, and he responded something like "I had to reload, and at that time I saw that he was no longer a threat."