PDA

View Full Version : How big of a POS is this?

sewvacman
11-20-09, 23:03
I've got a buddy of mine who caught the ar bug from me and he sent me this link here:
http://www.dsarms.com/DSA-ZM4-Forged-7075T6-A3-AR15-Upper-Receiver---DSZM4CBU/productinfo/DSZM4CBU/

I would assume from the price it was a total piece of shit but I have never heard of this company and couldn't find a thread on them either. If any one has any knowlege on DSA or can point me toward a previous thread it would be appreciated.

murphy j
11-20-09, 23:11
Don't know about their AR stuff, but they make a Good FAL.

kmrtnsn
11-20-09, 23:14
An upper, a barrel assy, and some handguards for that price is about average. Not seeing anything out of the ordinary there. I shot one of their FAL's, wished that I had bought it.

sewvacman
11-20-09, 23:20
Most of the stuff I've seen on the market with a chromoly barrel is around $350 so $275 sounds suspiciously cheap IMO. Thier complete rifles are pricey though.

Anyone actually messed with thier AR stuff specifically?

kmrtnsn
11-20-09, 23:26
If you are looking for an upper go to BCM or GRT.

Mate
11-20-09, 23:33
But it's only $275, I could buy two of these for the price of a BCM!!!1!

Blob
11-20-09, 23:39
Eh, I have a DSA mil spec receiver extension. Works fine, but then again it is just a receiver extension.

Ridge_Runner_5
11-21-09, 04:56
I've heard good things about them, and that price is a special they are running...

M16MANIAC
11-21-09, 05:56
There is a thread on TOS and most of the reviews have been good.

sewvacman
11-21-09, 07:07
MY buddy will probaby be lucky to put a couple thousand rounds through the rifle it's entire life. He's not going to train with it or anything hardcore. He's just looking for something to scare the piss off of whatever critter walks past his back deck. I've already forwarded him the BCM stuff. Just wondering How bad this upper was for $275.

dwhitehorne
11-21-09, 07:26
I got one a few weeks ago. I put a in a spare CMT BCG I had and used another lower I had lying around. I was curious to try the nitide barrel out since my Sig 556 and LWRC use a similar process. I found no markings on the barrel. The letters DSA are over the gas tube on the front of the rail. Mine has the M4 feed ramps that are still anodized. Some on the other sight reported dremel work on their ramps. Mine looks pretty good to me. I only needed one click down on the front sight and two right on the matech to get zeroed at 50 yards. I've only got 150 rounds through it so far. David

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/dwhitehorne/dsa004.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/dwhitehorne/IMG_2759.jpg

ukhayes
11-21-09, 07:36
If they are of the same quality as their FAL's, then he will have no issues.

C4IGrant
11-21-09, 07:59
I've got a buddy of mine who caught the ar bug from me and he sent me this link here:
http://www.dsarms.com/DSA-ZM4-Forged-7075T6-A3-AR15-Upper-Receiver---DSZM4CBU/productinfo/DSZM4CBU/

I would assume from the price it was a total piece of shit but I have never heard of this company and couldn't find a thread on them either. If any one has any knowlege on DSA or can point me toward a previous thread it would be appreciated.

While I hate to say anything is a POS (unless of course it is Oly), for that price, you can only expect the cheapest components (FYI).

C4

Wilco
11-21-09, 08:29
I haven't fired their AR, but they make the best FAL's in all the land, using actual FN machinery that was purchased and brought to the U.S.. I have three of the FAL's and they rock, I'd like to check out their AR....

mat10x
11-21-09, 09:55
i seem to recall reading on here that LMT makes parts for DS Arms. not sure if this still holds true. both companies are in IL.

bullseye
11-21-09, 14:03
i got two of these,, first one for a truck gun,,put 200 rds thru it, without a hitch. also, the melonite appealed to me,, shouldn't have much concern with rust. i can't really speak for accuracy, as i've only plinked with both. personally, i think it's hard to beat for the price, good reports from other shooters. i've shot 80 rds of x193 5.56,,and one box of 75gr tap 5.56 thru mine,, it's definitly chambered for 5.56[at least mine are,, that question has come up.

Iraqgunz
11-21-09, 19:36
In the future let's pick a better title for a thread like this. Especially since the there is no first hand experience with it.