PDA

View Full Version : Free training Course for Texas M4C members

Iraq Ninja
11-21-09, 01:45
I will be instructing a half day seminar this Sunday, November 22nd on skill sets related to fighting in and around vehicles and how to defend against vehicular threats. While the training will be more gears towards police, military, or security personnel, much of the material will be of interest to anyone concerned with personal security.

The training is free and will be conducted in conjunction with MAST Solutions in Houston. Basically, it is my Christmas gift to the MAST students, and the Texas members of M4carbine.net. Sorry for the short notice, but this course was originally set up for MAST alumni only, until I decided to open it up for our forum members. I know that many of you have vacation plans, but my leave schedule only allowed this event to be taught on this weekend.

There will be no live firing, and no live weapons will be allowed. Airsoft weapons will be on hand for demonstrations. This seminar will be part lecture, and part practical exercises held outdoors.

Anyone requiring my background and experience can PM me for the details. While some of this material may sound familiar, the majority of it is based on my real world experience, mistakes, and good luck while working overseas in Iraq for the past five years.

Subject matter will be broken down into two categories.

VEHICLE VS MAN
How to set your vehicle up as a "war wagon".
Carbine selection and setup for vehicular use.
How to become the "gray" car.
Multiple vehicles working as a team.
Embuss and debuss drills, both individual and team, in high threat situations and while under fire.
Dead Driver Drills- controlling the vehicle as a passenger.
Proactive vs reactive driving.
Threat mitigation through awareness and planning.
The reality of shooting from vehicles at static and moving threats.
Vehicle vs vehicle combat scenarios.
Medical considerations and casualty removal.
Armored vehicles and the proper use of gun ports.

MAN VS CAR
Stopping vehicular threats while dismounted, armed and unarmed.
Removal of occupants by force.

COURSE DETAILS
Sponsored by MAST Solutions in Houston, TX.
November 22nd, 1300-1700.
Training facility is in NW Houston, near 290 and Jones Road. PM me for more details.

A few pics from my personal collection :)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/Iraq%20PSD/Mosul%20ambush%202-13-04/ambushpic.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/Iraq%20PSD/Mosul%20ambush%202-13-04/glassinside.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/Iraq%20PSD/VBIED%20Route%20Irish%203-05/000_00521.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/Iraq%20DynCorp/rightrear.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/Misc/Car-Crash-Inside.jpg

Irish
11-21-09, 02:14
Awesome offer, wish I was in Texas! The close up window picture is really cool looking :eek:

SeriousStudent
11-21-09, 11:18
Thank you for making this availible to the forum members. I wish I could take Monday off - I'd drive down to Houston for the training in a heartbeat.

Stay safe, here and abroad.

thopkins22
11-21-09, 11:43
Will be there. Looking forward to learning as much as possible. Thanks again for opening this up to forum members.

ETA: Just seeing your leg hurts mine. The man working on it seems calm and professional though.

Iraq Ninja
11-21-09, 11:57
LOL, there is a funny story connected to that photo. It went something like this...

bang bang ping
"Bro, I think I am hit"
bang bang bang
"What you mean your hit?"
bang bang bang boom
"I am bleeding out of both legs"
bang boom bang bang
"WHAT, AH, YOU ARE HIT!"
ping bang bang
"yup, messed up my favorite pants, hey let me get a quick photo"

Lesson learned was that I was a bit too calm. Not because I am a super ninja, just because I didn't know better. This was my first ambush and my OODA loop was a bit confused...

SeriousStudent
11-21-09, 13:01
A long time ago, a fellow squad leader complimented on my even tone of voice.

My response was "Never confuse nerves of steel with slow reaction time." ;)

Have a great time tomorrow.

Iraq Ninja
11-21-09, 19:58
I had the wrong date listed. It is Sunday the 22nd, not the 21st.

thopkins22
11-21-09, 23:51
"yup, messed up my favorite pants, hey let me get a quick photo"

That's borderline legendary. If I'm ever unlucky enough to get shot in the leg, I hope to hell that I A)get a chance to shoot the SOB that did it, and B)make it a photo op.

CaptainDooley
11-21-09, 23:57
I would be there if I didn't have to work tomorrow morning. I'm sure it will be awesome.

Iraq Ninja
11-22-09, 00:10
Well, if anyone else wants to stop by, here is the location:

Cypress Creek Fire Station #24
12070 Perry Rd

It will be going on from 1 till 5, so feel free to stop by anytime.

Cold Zero
11-22-09, 07:36
Sounds like a great class. You should take it on the road sometime.

MAST Solutions
11-23-09, 08:24
Well, if anyone else wants to stop by, here is the location:

Cypress Creek Fire Station #24
12070 Perry Rd

It will be going on from 1 till 5, so feel free to stop by anytime.

John:

As usual the training was unique, pioneering, subtle and exceedingly informative! :D

*applause*

Great to have you home bro!

MB
MAST Solutions
http://www.mastsolutions.com

Iraq Ninja
11-23-09, 11:57
Matt,

It was interesting trying to teach this stuff to average civilians.

The movement drills inside the vehicle were physically demanding to say the least, in terms of flexibility and natural movement. People need to do more yoga :)

As I tried to stress throughout the class, a non armored vehicle is not something you want to fight from. They are bullet magnets, and offer very little real protection at all. Thus, the majority of the training was geared on how to ditch the car and get out to a safer location.

thopkins22
11-23-09, 22:08
John:

As usual the training was unique, pioneering, subtle and exceedingly informative! :D

*applause*

Great to have you home bro!

Agreed. AAR inbound sometime tomorrow when I get the chance. Thank both of you very much for opening it up to the folks here at M4C, I'm looking forward to getting into a pistol course with you guys soon(or a shotgun class if there's one coming up and I get my 870 running again.)

Matt, good to see you post here...you should stop by more often and keep us Houston area folks in the loop as to what courses are happening.

BTW...despite being lessons learned in a war zone, there was much that can and should be applied to daily life/driving. I'd never even considered efficiently getting in or out. Then again, maybe it's time to go balls out and turn my Element into an armored war wagon...complete with quality door latches.;)

ETA: IraqNinja, what bag was your vehicle medical kit in?

Frank Castle
11-26-09, 11:52
AAR inbound sometime tomorrow when I get the chance. Thank both of you very much for opening it up to the folks here at M4C.

BTW...despite being lessons learned in a war zone, there was much that can and should be applied to daily life/driving. I'd never even considered efficiently getting in or out. Then again, maybe it's time to go balls out and turn my Element into an armored war wagon...complete with quality door latches.;)

My workload and the holiday are gonna prevent me from posting til this weekend. So as not to steal your thunder, I will just add my thoughts and takeaways to your post. It was good meeting you both and I look forward to more training opportunities and future get togethers.

Regards,
Scott

mseanmc
12-06-09, 16:43
Having taken 2 handgun courses and private carbine instruction from MAST, I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone in Houston or the surrounding area.

MAST Solutions
12-09-09, 11:10
Having taken 2 handgun courses and private carbine instruction from MAST, I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone in Houston or the surrounding area.

mseanmc:

Thanks for the note. This weekend at Baytown PD we have a 0-to100m Op class! :D

Hope to see you again and be safe bro-

MB
MAST Solutions
http://www.mastsolutions.com