PDA

View Full Version : LV Metro Officer murdered during robbery.

Irish
11-21-09, 02:02
http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11536036

Police release pictures of suspects charged in murder of Las Vegas Metro Officer

Posted: Nov 19, 2009 06:08 AM PST

Video Gallery <1|2|3>

Police release pictures of suspects charged in murder of Las Vegas Metro Officer

Officer Trevor Nettleton will be buried Wednesday.

NORTH LAS VEGAS - Police have at least three suspects in custody in connection with the murder of Trevor Nettleton: an off-duty Metro officer who was killed just after midnight Thursday near Donna & Emerald. The mug shots for Prentice Marshall and Saul Williams were released before noon on Friday. Marshall is now out of the hospital and in jail.

The third suspect is a 17-year-old male. Because of his age, his identity has not been released, but he will be tried as an adult.

Officer Trevor Nettleton who had been with the force for 3 years, was working in his garage when an unknown number of subjects broke in.

Police say gunfire was exchanged, and that's when Officer Nettleton was killed. One of the suspects, an 18 year old Prentice Marshall, was hit by gunfire. He was taken to UMC with non - life threatening injuries and was later arrested and booked. Marshall is North Las Vegas resident who has a criminal history for carrying a concealed weapon, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, obstructing a police officer, possession of stolen property and trespassing.

Another suspect 20 year old Saul Williams Jr., who is also a North Las Vegas resident, was arrested and booked on a charge of murder with a deadly weapon. Williams has a juvenile record and pictures of him on MySpace show him gesturing gang signs.

Investigators say it is an isolated incident, unrelated to his police work. Officer Nettleton leaves behind a wife, and two young children. His mother was also in town for the Thanksgiving holiday. He was born in Quincy, Washington and raised in Yakima, Washington.

After high school Nettleton joined the Marine Corps. He served in the Marines for 9 1/2 years. He had a distinguished career and was part of the Presidential Guard under George W. Bush.

Officer Nettleton was one of five officers who were commended by Metro two years ago for saving lives at a fire at the Century Meadows apartment complex, including two young children and an elderly man.

The Injured Police Officers Fund has established an account for Officer Nettleton at Nevada State Bank.

Stay with Action News as we continue to follow this developing story.

Irish
11-21-09, 02:06
RIP Officer Nettleton.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3199/9633t652.jpg (http://img689.imageshack.us/i/9633t652.jpg/)

Killed by these assholes: Saul Williams Jr., 20, and Prentice Marshall, 18, were arrested in connection with the death of Metro Officer Trevor Nettleton. A 17-year-old boy also was arrested in Nettleson’s death.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/752/leadt651.jpg (http://img23.imageshack.us/i/leadt651.jpg/)

ZDL
11-21-09, 02:13

Irish
11-21-09, 02:19
It's all over the news here... Another article with a few more details:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/nov/19/man-found-dead-inside-north-las-vegas-home/

UPDATED STORY: Police: 3 arrested in officer’s death have gang ties

Three people have been arrested in connection with the death of a Metro Police officer fatally shot Thursday morning in his North Las Vegas home.

Saul Williams Jr., 20, and Prentice Marshall, 18, were charged with murder in the death of 30-year-old officer Trevor Nettleton, a three-year veteran of the Metro Police department. Marshall was shot during an exchange of gunfire that occurred in the garage of Nettleson's home and was taken to University Medical Center for treatment.

This morning, police announced that the Injured Police Officers Fund has opened an account for Officer Trevor Nettleton's family at Nevada State Bank. The account number is: 602027542.

The IPOF assists officers and their family members with expenses not covered by industrial insurance for serious line-of-duty injuries or a line-of-duty death.

Late Thursday, North Las Vegas Police announced the arrest of a third person, a 17-year-old male whose name was not released because of his age. The teen, a North Las Vegas resident, was being booked into the Clark County Juvenile Detention Center on charges of murder with a deadly weapon, attempted robbery with a weapon and conspiracy to commit robbery, police said.

Williams has been booked into the North Las Vegas Detention Center. Marshall is under police protection at UMC and will be booked when he is released, said Sgt. Tim Bedwell of North Las Vegas Police.

Investigators this afternoon said the shooting at about 12:18 a.m. in the 1100 block of Emerald Stone Avenue was random. Nettleson was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency medical crews.

At an afternoon news conference, North Las Vegas Police Chief Joseph Forti called the shooting "senseless."

Sheriff Doug Gillespie echoed those sentiments, saying "the Metro family suffered a senseless loss." Nettleton "put service and sacrifice above self," as both a Marine and in his effort to protect his family, Gillespie said.

Evidence that led to the arrests wasn't discussed.

Officers responded to Nettleton's home after receiving numerous reports of gunshots early Thursday in the area of Lone Mountain Road and Bruce Street.

Investigators say Nettleton appeared to have been the victim of a random attack in his garage, possibly in a botched robbery attempt, Bedwell said.

North Las Vegas Police spokeswoman Chrissie Coon said Nettleton and at least one of the suspects fired gunshots.

Nettleton leaves behind a wife and two children, a 1-year-old son and a 2-month-old daughter. Before working for Metro Police, he served at the Bush White House during his last 18 months in the Marine Corps.

Nettleton wasn't in a police uniform at the time of the shooting, Bedwell said.

Police said the officer's family was home at the time.

Neighbor Jorge Revera said the sound of two gunshots woke him up. His daughter, Jenny Martinez, 26, said she heard people running by her bedroom window, which faces the street.

Revera said the gunshots surprised him because the neighborhood is usually calm and quiet.

Neighbor Darrell Southern said he heard three gunshots while watching television and looked outside to see what happened. No one was in sight, he said.

The criminal investigation is being conducted by North Las Vegas Police detectives, Coon said.

Sheriff Doug Gillespie has offered to provide any Metro Police resources needed.

"I've just lost another member of my police family," Gillespie said. "We are out there, keeping the community safe."

Bedwell said whether it is an officer, a relative, or a child, officers investigate any such crime in the same way.

Nettleton "was a hero as far as I'm concerned," Bedwell said. At least one of the two men were armed, but Bedwell said the number of shots fired would not be discussed.

"We're going to continue to follow leads," Bedwell said. "He was protecting his family."

Bedwell said Nettleton's garage door was open when the men entered.

Nettleton was commended two years ago by Metro Police as one of five officers who saved lives, including those of two young children and an elderly man during a fire at the Century Meadows apartment complex in northwest Las Vegas.

Rider79
11-21-09, 06:27
****ing cowards.

There's no official "ghetto" in Vegas, this shit can happen almost anywhere.

VooDoo6Actual
11-21-09, 09:19
RIP Warrior.

C-Fish
11-21-09, 10:40
My thoughts and prayers to Officer Nettleton's family. :(

What a horrible reminder future Thanksgivings will be for this family...:mad:

Fry those bastards!

woodandsteel
11-21-09, 10:59
Officer Nettleton leaves behind a wife, and two young children. His mother was also in town for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Damn!:(:mad:

I hope everyone of those pricks get the needle!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Bill Bryant
11-21-09, 11:15
Bring back public hangings!

wargasm
11-21-09, 11:54
String those ****ers up! And ANYONE else who does that kind of shit, no matter if they're black, white, brown, yellow, red, green, no matter! Too much PC nowadays, and not enough ass kicking and name taking!

Irish
11-21-09, 13:14
I think there is a lot of valuable lessons to be learned and this is a prime example as to always being wary and never let your guard down. RIP and may your family recover quickly.

cobra90gt
11-21-09, 18:35
RIP brother...

http://www.odmp.org/officer/20130-police-officer-trevor-nettleton

Rider79
11-21-09, 19:11
Damn!:(:mad:

I hope everyone of those pricks get the needle!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Unfortunately Nevada doesn't execute people like Texas. I can't think of one execution since I've lived here even though they have people on death row.

dookie1481
11-21-09, 19:46
My buddy's sister transported the wounded one from the hospital to jail.

They were quite unrepentant from what she said, it sounds like this was NOT a byproduct of a random home invasion. He evidently was shot in the back, turned, drew, and fired, hitting the suspect in the balls. They ran off, he crawled into the house, and died in his mother's arms.

Jay

dookie1481
11-21-09, 19:47
****ing cowards.

There's no official "ghetto" in Vegas, this shit can happen almost anywhere.

You said it, dude. You have to be vigilant EVERYWHERE in this town now.

Jay

dsmguy7
11-21-09, 19:54

woodandsteel
11-21-09, 20:48
My buddy's sister transported the wounded one from the hospital to jail.

They were quite unrepentant from what she said, it sounds like this was NOT a byproduct of a random home invasion. He evidently was shot in the back, turned, drew, and fired, hitting the suspect in the balls. They ran off, he crawled into the house, and died in his mother's arms.

Jay

Can you explain this further??

I was reading through the comments that people left on the original story that the op had in his link. One of the posters claimed that the one suspect lived near where the officer lived.

dookie1481
11-21-09, 22:08
Can you explain this further??

I was reading through the comments that people left on the original story that the op had in his link. One of the posters claimed that the one suspect lived near where the officer lived.

There is a lot of speculation that this was a gang initiation or retaliation.

Jay

SWATcop556
11-21-09, 22:22
Despite what's being said I don't see how this could not be "job" related, even if it was just that they knew he was a cop and he happened to live near one of them. More details are needed.

RIP Officer. It's our watch now.

variablebinary
11-22-09, 01:55
Turn them over to brother officers for some real justice

Cascades236
11-22-09, 09:51
Wait..where's the NAACP and ACLU? oh.... the white guy was the victim.. nevermind

woodandsteel
11-22-09, 11:30
There is a lot of speculation that this was a gang initiation or retaliation.

Jay

Then I hope every member of that gang is on the radar of every Local, Sate and Federal LEO in the area.:mad:

Shamdawg
11-22-09, 15:42
R.I.P. to a fallen comrade.

It sounds as if he was carrying off duty around his home (which I think is smart and I do also). It also sounds as if that was not enough and they found a way to still ambush him and place him at a disadvantage (which is sad, but still happens despite the best plans). Your home is your castle, but this is testimony that hardened criminals that want to invade it because they are so pathetically in-human, they are incapable to live as civilized human beings.

This case sounds like a perfect example for why the Death Penalty is needed in our justice system (despite the left wing bulls**t arguments about cost and minority imbalance). If they go to prison, they will most likely live a sheltered and well provided life that the notoriety of "cop killer" receives.

Irish
11-23-09, 01:49
They just announced on the 10 o'clock news that they have 2 more in custody now, both 18, they haven't released IDs yet to the best of my knowledge. Total is 5 in custody at this point in time.

Irish
11-23-09, 04:13
R.I.P. to a fallen comrade.

It sounds as if he was carrying off duty around his home (which I think is smart and I do also). It also sounds as if that was not enough and they found a way to still ambush him and place him at a disadvantage (which is sad, but still happens despite the best plans). Your home is your castle, but this is testimony that hardened criminals that want to invade it because they are so pathetically in-human, they are incapable to live as civilized human beings.

This case sounds like a perfect example for why the Death Penalty is needed in our justice system (despite the left wing bulls**t arguments about cost and minority imbalance). If they go to prison, they will most likely live a sheltered and well provided life that the notoriety of "cop killer" receives.

I'm curious, are you an LEO of some sort? .Gov or .Mil by chance?

MSP "Sarge"
11-23-09, 16:31
Damn this makes me so mad. :mad:

I hear what you are saying about always being prepared. Though if they want you they will get you. It's your job to make it hard for them and don't ever quit no matter what the odds.

You go to work and have to deal with their shit all day. Then you get home and have to worry about crap like this. What a shame. I live in a rural area and I'm lucky enough to see for aways before someone could get to my house. I can see them coming. When I'm in the garage working or outside around the yard, I always have a plan. Will my plan work? I don't know. But I have a plan.

Tonight when your praying and giving thanks for allowing you to spend one more day with your kids and family, make sure you mention Officer Nettleton and his family.

woodandsteel
11-24-09, 19:50
http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11548836

In the video link above, they show the other two suspects. They also interview one of the suspects' mother. Sounds like there were other robberies that night committed by some of these suspects.

slowjon
11-25-09, 00:46
Animals. Rest in Peace Brother.

armakraut
11-25-09, 02:16
Only one thing left to do.

Hang 'em high.

Rider79
11-25-09, 16:23
http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11548836

In the video link above, they show the other two suspects. They also interview one of the suspects' mother. Sounds like there were other robberies that night committed by some of these suspects.

Now I'm really ****ing pissed. In one of the video links it talks about one of their Myspace pages, and they have a video of one of the pieces of shit shooting at an indoor range. It's American Shooters! You've got to be kidding me.

woodandsteel
11-25-09, 16:34
Apparently they change the video on a regular basis. Today, in the vidoe link, they are showing the funeral procession.

Also on the the link, they are showing photos of Officer nettleton with his wife and kids. Talk about heartbreaking. :(

No amount of punishment is enough for what these punks did.:mad:

Irish
11-25-09, 19:32
Officer laid to rest today. 6th person arrested in conjunction with his murder today.

Rider79
11-26-09, 15:54
Saw the video of the relatives, of course their little babies are innocent and aren't gang members. **** them too for bringing shit like that into this world.

It was a lovely half-assed apology from the mother of the murderer to Nettleton's family. **** her especially.

Cascades236
11-26-09, 17:06
7 people lost their lives for what!?

This country is going down the tubes quickly and will continue to do so until someone stops being PC and addresses the obvious. Stop spoon feeding pieces of shit and hold mother ****ers accountable, BEFORE this crap happens.

And when the hell are we going to move past this thug culture?

gman622
11-26-09, 17:50
We will not be having racist crap posted here.

Rider79
11-26-09, 18:57
Doesn't even need to be repeated in a quote.

Not really necessary.

Vin Weasel
11-26-09, 20:00
Edited by M4arc

:confused: Not cool

gman622
11-26-09, 20:35
I suggest you check yourself real quick or you will be extracted.

dookie1481
11-26-09, 22:45
Edited by M4arc

And many, many other cop killers are white or latino. Their upbringing (or lack thereof) is the reason why they are shitbags, not the color of their skin.

Jay

Irish
11-27-09, 12:32
A small side note to the story... Yesterday we had a few friends over and one of them was the teacher for 3 of the perps. Needless to say she confirmed that all 3 of them had been in trouble and in gangs since approx 6th grade. The officer's death was a tragedy and I feel very sorry for his family, however, I am glad he shot one of them in the balls on his way out!

Anyone in the Las Vegas area can donate money to his surviving family through any local bank.

gman622
11-27-09, 13:37
My apologies!

Rider79
11-28-09, 16:19
The officer's death was a tragedy and I feel very sorry for his family, however, I am glad he shot one of them in the balls on his way out!

Shooting him in the balls and winning the fight is a much better outcome. :(

Rider79
12-09-09, 02:32
http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?s=11607952

Suspects arrested in Officer Nettleton's death appear in North Las Vegas court

Updated: Dec 2, 2009 05:07 PM PST

North Las Vegas, NV - The six suspects arrested in connection with the murder of Officer Trevor Nettleton filed into court and faced not only a judge. They also faced a courtroom full of Metro officers, still mourning the loss of their colleague.

Those officers did not want to speak about the case on camera. But friends and relatives of the suspects did.

"It's not true, I know, they're innocent, all of them," says Deonna Beasley, who grew up with the men.

She says she doesn't believe they're capable of killing anyone, and she doesn't know why criminal complaints say they are part of the Wood Street Gang.

"No, they're not in a gang," she says. "We go to school, get jobs, get education, make money, that's all we do. The gang banging stuff, I don't know nothing about that."

Noah Russell is also standing by his brother, Prentice Marshall. He admits Marshall was treated for gunshot wounds the morning Officer Trevor Nettleton was killed, but he says he doesn't know how he got shot.
He says his brother is a good man, "Prentice Marshall supposed to be going to college next year."

"Michael Ferguson is all good," adds Beasley. "He take care of all his kids, he takes care of his responsibilities."

More about the suspects will be learned as the case progresses in court. The preliminary hearing for all six suspects is scheduled for December 17.

Stay tuned to Action News.

Wow. Just wow.

dtibbals
12-09-09, 14:23
Very sad. I hope they send them away for life. I feel that if you kill a cop you should be hung in public in your crack neighborhood. Would send a very clear message!

Irish
12-10-09, 10:06
Very sad. I hope they send them away for life. I feel that if you kill a cop you should be hung in public in your crack neighborhood. Would send a very clear message!

A cop, a 65 year old grandmother, a 12 year old kid, what's the difference? Kill anybody and you should be dealt with accordingly. We're all flesh & blood with families to go home to and an eye for an eye suits me fine when it comes to the murder of any innocent person.

SWATcop556
12-10-09, 13:42
http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?s=11607952

Wow. Just wow.

I agree. Why is it that there are always family and friends that shout to the sky that "they are innocent" and are just family men despite criminal histories that go back to before some of us were even cops. Just baffles me. I know who the shitbags in my family are and if they go down for something you won't see me in front of a camera.

Continued prayers for the family and fellow officers.

Rider79
12-10-09, 14:32
I agree. Why is it that there are always family and friends that shout to the sky that "they are innocent" and are just family men despite criminal histories that go back to before some of us were even cops. Just baffles me. I know who the shitbags in my family are and if they go down for something you won't see me in front of a camera.

Continued prayers for the family and fellow officers.

By their facial expressions you can tell they're lying, the girl won't look at the camera and she keeps looking up in the air while she's making her bullshit statements. As for the brother, "well yeah, I know my piece of shit brother got shot, but he was just walking down the street when some random unknown guy shot him, yeah, um, yeah, that's it". **** both of them too.

I hope there's a sea of green and tan in the courtroom for every hearing for these pieces of shit.

Rider79
12-29-09, 10:01
http://www.lvrj.com/news/six-suspects-in-death-of-lv-officer-indicted-79600772.html

Six suspects in death of LV officer indicted

Group to be arraigned in District Court next week

The six men accused in the Nov. 19 slaying of Las Vegas police officer Trevor Nettleton have been indicted by a Clark County grand jury.

Four of the suspects are charged with multiple felonies including murder with use of a deadly weapon and burglary:

Saul Williams Jr., 20; Quadrae Scott, 18; Prentice Marshall, 18; and Adrian Pena, 17.

Half-brothers Emmitt Ferguson, 18, and Michael Ferguson, 25, are charged with accessory to murder and conspiracy.

The six men will be arraigned in District Court on Wednesday.

North Las Vegas police say Marshall, Pena, Williams and Scott were in Pena's car when they saw the garage door of Nettleton's North Las Vegas home open. Nettleton, who had just finished his patrol shift, was inside.

During an attempted robbery of Nettleton, a gunbattle ensued. Marshall was shot in the testicles and Nettleton was shot and killed by Marshall, police said.

The Ferguson brothers are accused of trying to cover up evidence related to the slaying, investigators said.

All of the defendants are in custody.

Rider79
12-29-09, 10:08
http://www.lvrj.com/news/death-penalty-weighed-in-officers-death-80049192.html

Dec. 24, 2009

Death penalty weighed in officer's death

Three of six suspects might fit criteria, prosecutor says

Clark County prosecutors next month will consider seeking capital punishment for three defendants charged in the Nov. 19 slaying of Las Vegas police officer Trevor Nettleton.

District Attorney David Roger said the office's death penalty committee will meet to determine whether circumstances in the case merit seeking a death sentence for Prentice Marshall, 18, Saul Williams Jr., 20, and Quadrae Scott, 18.

The three are eligible because they were adults when the slaying occurred and there are aggravating circumstances, including allegations of burglary, Roger said.

Adrian Pena, 18, alleged to be the driver of the vehicle used during the shooting, would not be eligible for capital punishment because he was 17 at the time.

The four are charged with multiple felonies including murder with use of a deadly weapon, burglary and conspiracy to commit robbery.

Half-brothers Emmitt Ferguson, 18, and Michael Ferguson, 25, are charged with accessory to murder and conspiracy.

Marshall and the five other men, shackled and dressed in prison garb, appeared Wednesday in District Court before Judge Jennifer Togliatti and pleaded not guilty to the charges.

According to grand jury testimony by North Las Vegas detectives, both Williams and Scott were recorded by police saying they were in a car driven by Pena at the time of the shooting. They both said Marshall was the shooter.

Authorities say Marshall, Pena, Williams and Scott were in Pena's Chevrolet Monte Carlo when they saw the garage door of Nettleton's North Las Vegas home open. Nettleton, who had just finished his patrol shift, was inside.

During an attempted robbery of Nettleton, a gunbattle ensued. Marshall was shot in the testicles and Nettleton was shot and killed by Marshall, police said.

Investigators said Marshall, Williams, Scott and Pena were members or known associates of the Wood hybrid gang. Hybrid gangs are collections of gang members from rival gangs who hang out together.

According to testimony by a Clark County medical examiner, Nettleton was shot once in the chest. At most, Nettleton would have lived a minute or so after receiving the fatal wound, the medical examiner testified.

The Ferguson brothers are accused of trying to cover up evidence related to the slaying, specifically hiding the Glock handgun in the crawl space of an attic in a nearby home, investigators said.

Authorities believe Marshall, Williams, Scott and Pena robbed at gunpoint another man of his iPod and backpack a few blocks from Nettleton's home just before the slaying. So far, only Marshall, Williams and Scott have been charged with that robbery.

Prosecutors said Wednesday that charges against Pena relating to that robbery were pending.

On Wednesday, four of the defendants invoked their right to a speedy trial. Marshall waived his right and Pena had not made a decision yet.

A status check on the case is set for Jan. 6 before Judge David Wall.

All of the defendants remain in custody.

Rider79
11-13-10, 20:49
I know this is a necropost, but I was going through my old thread subscriptions and I found this thread. This officer shouldn't be forgotten.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/20130-police-officer-trevor-alan-nettleton

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/22144861/detail.html

LAS VEGAS -- Six young men charged in the death of Las Vegas Metro police Officer Trevor Nettleton will be back in court on Wednesday.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/22376030/detail.html

LAS VEGAS -- Trial is being pushed back for six alleged gang members charged in the killing of Las Vegas Metro police Officer Trevor Nettleton.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/24289786/detail.html

LAS VEGAS -- The man charged in the November shooting death of an off-duty police officer in his North Las Vegas home now faces the additional charge of carjacking.

Rider79
11-21-10, 09:05
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/nov/19/family-friends-gather-anniversary-police-officers-/

As the sun set on Police Memorial Park on Friday, Ryan Nettleton stood among a crowd of his brother Trevor’s friends and told the story of the day he found out his brother had been killed.

500grains
11-21-10, 10:59
Vegas has lots of undesirables, although not on the scale of a big city.

dookie1481
11-21-10, 15:34
Vegas has lots of undesirables, although not on the scale of a big city.

Maybe not compared to a New York, L.A., Chicago, or Houston.

But there are almost 2M people in this city. It is a BAD place to be many times.

The powers that be in this place have a vested interest in making it seem safe. Our economy depends on it.

Jay