PDA

View Full Version : US to drop shooting case against Blackwater guard

ZDL
11-21-09, 02:07

SteyrAUG
11-21-09, 13:27
The case against the remaining four guards is set for trial in February. Prosecutors were aggressive in their charges, using an anti-machine gun law to attach 30-year mandatory prison sentences to the case.

WTF?!? So are they arresting every Iraqi with an AK and aggressively prosecuting them?

Safetyhit
11-21-09, 13:58
WTF?!? So are they arresting every Iraqi with an AK and aggressively prosecuting them?

Seems as though the toughest charges are always saved for the liberators.

VooDoo6Actual
11-21-09, 15:53
100% predictable.

Iraqgunz
11-21-09, 19:31
I hardly expect this to be anything but fair. This is going to be very interesting.

SWATcop556
11-21-09, 22:27
I hardly expect this to be anything but fair. This is going to be very interesting.

Agreed. I'll be watching this one closely as well.

Shadow1198
11-21-09, 23:59
What the ****ing shit? Charged with an "anti-machinegun law" when they were in a ****ing WARZONE. Not only do we let these people breed, we let them run our media and our government. :mad: I remember seeing an interview awhile back with Erik Prince (who handled the matter very professionally I might add) about this whole ordeal, and he mentioned that one of their vehicles had been so badly damaged it was disabled during the attack. The fact that the other side has not proven this to be false says a lot about the validity of their claims against BW.

A-Bear680
11-22-09, 08:54
There's an old thread about this incident.
US Attorney Jeffery A. Taylor has good things to say about most of the Blackwater people who were in the square. According to the quote attributed to Taylor , there were a total of 19 " Blackwater Guards " present.

thopkins22
11-22-09, 10:09
The updates don't seem to be on their webpage yet, though I suppose they could have lawyered themselves out of the internet.

http://raven23.com/Home_Page.html

Iraqgunz
11-22-09, 16:30
LIke I said previously when this was discussed. The Dept. of State should be considered an accessory before the fact since they supplied the weapons.

I have read that BS "machine gun" law and I fail to see how it applies to a U.S citizen overseas, using legally procured and provided weapons.

There are so many elements out of place here I don't even know how they can even be standing in a U.S courtroom. It's outrageous.