Holster Talon Tactical PDL
Ammo Federal 115 ball
Time Dusk
Cover garment was a 5.11 shirt
Background I have been a competition shooter 30 years
(IPSC IDPA) a IDPA master

results Night sights best 3.37 sec. average times 3.6 -3.8
CT LG-436 best 2.32 sec. average times 2.5-2.7

As it got darker the times with the CT 436 stayed about the same while the night sight runs steadily got slower
The difference between was night sights and the laser was quite dramatic I could move faster and make good hits much easier than with night sights. Getting good hits with either sights was not difficult at al, it was just faster with the Crimson Trace LG-436 laser.

Mike

RAM Engineer
11-21-09, 10:04
Great info! Thanks! The possibility of better integration with Crimson Trace lasers is one of the reasons I'm so looking forward to the new Gen 4 Glocks.

Jason

ROCKET20_GINSU
11-23-09, 15:44
I have had similar experiences. I really like my G26 with the Crimson Trace LG-436. I even have a pocket holster from fist inc. that fits the G26 w/ crimson trace laser attached and it is terrific :D

I haven't been able to bring myself to attach another LG 436 to my G19 or G17 because I don't want to sacrifice my ability to attach my surefire x300, so I'm eagerly looking forward to the LG-417's release as I tried the LG 619 for my G19 and the way it swells on the backstrap of the pistol is less than optimum IMO. Hopefully the LG417 will fix that. Or maybe the new Gen 4 frame will be as compatible as the M&P frame for the CT laser? (wishful thinking I guess)

I belong to the camp where I think every defensive pistol should have a laser / tac light or both. I also believe that every defensive pistol should have night sights w/ tritium also. Lasers just make shooting in low light sooooo much easier. I think they are terrific for less seasoned shooters also because of this quality. Additionally, the lasers are especially useful if you are working w/ a hand held light in your support hand.

Good times on your drill BTW, and what kind of holster are you using for your G19 w/ LG 436 attached?

GU

mike benedict
11-24-09, 05:15
Good times on your drill BTW, and what kind of holster are you using for your G19 w/ LG 436 attached?

GU

I am using a Talon Tactical PDL holster BTW I am the owner of Talon Tactical
I make holsters for Glock, Kahr, KelTec and Ruger LCPs with the Laser Guards

Magsz
11-24-09, 07:18
I had an argument with another shooter recently about the viability of a crimson tracer laser grip.

This guy had the nerve to say that using lasers and other "gizmos" was cheating and it detracted from the fundamentals of pistol shooting.

I looked at the guy like he had grown a second head. Really? Seriously?

Technically hes right as you're no longer tracking your sights like you SHOULD be BUT its a tool meant to help you win a GUNFIGHT in a defensive situation.

If you shoot your attacker in the teeth four times because you used a laser and you were one second faster in acquiring your target i fail to see what the difference is...

Im forwarding this thread to him now. :)

ROCKET20_GINSU
11-24-09, 08:39
This guy had the nerve to say that using lasers and other "gizmos" was cheating and it detracted from the fundamentals of pistol shooting.

Two of my rules for me while I was in and overseas
1. Always Cheat
2. Always win

...I'm not looking to "test my skill and fundamentals" in a gunfight lol :D just to live.

Technically hes right as you're no longer tracking your sights like you SHOULD be BUT its a tool meant to help you win a GUNFIGHT in a defensive situation.

Well when you're running a laser track the red dot :p much easier too! and why wouldn't you want a redundant, low profile, easy to use sighting system on your pistol? If your Crimson Trace runs out of batteries or gets obscured by water then just default to your night sights.

If you shoot your attacker in the teeth four times because you used a laser and you were one second faster in acquiring your target i fail to see what the difference is...

I absolutely agree with you! I think its always smart to train so that you don't become absolutely reliant on CT Lasergrips (you should practice with just your traditional night sights too)...but these tools have a real and effective practical application, and not using it exclusively because its a gizmo is a poor reason IMO. When its dark and you and your target are both moving I've found that there is no easier way to make good and fast hits.

GU

ROCKET20_GINSU
11-24-09, 08:49
I am using a Talon Tactical PDL holster BTW I am the owner of Talon Tactical
I make holsters for Glock, Kahr, KelTec and Ruger LCPs with the Laser Guards

I re-read your initial post and missed the part where you mentioned the holster you were running, thanks for re-posting. I took a look at your holsters and I'm impressed, real deal products from real deal shooters, I like it :D. Good on you for making them compatible with CT products, not enough holsters out there that are IMO.

GU

Bolt_Overide
11-24-09, 08:50
1. Always Cheat
2. Always win

GU

THIS

/thread

cynical
11-24-09, 10:20
1. Always Cheat
2. Always win

Absolutely! If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, something has gone wrong.