PDA

View Full Version : Emerson and Benchmade questions

Jon G23
03-06-07, 20:36
Are the Emerson CQC7 or the Commander/mini commander Ambidextrious? Is the belt clip changeable for lefty use? It doesn't look like it is, from some pics I have seen.

Does anyone here have a Benchmade Rukus or Mini Rukus? If so... how do you like it? I liked the look and feel of the Rukus, but it was just a bit larger than I wanted for EDC. The mini might be just right!

Thanks guys!

Jon

usmcgrunt
03-06-07, 22:26
Emerson Knives just finished a run of Lefty Commanders this past Febuary! You will need to call them to order one! NO the CQC 7 is not a lefty mainly because of the grind on the blade, its a right hand chisel grind! Of course you could always get someone to do a custom clip for left hand carry, give me a holler I may have someone for the job, if you'd like!

Grunt Out!

Dave L.
03-06-07, 22:57
I'm a lefty and I run a Commander in my left pocket...yes the "right handed version" in my left pocket. To open the blade you usually rake the knife to the rear and the knife is essentially behind your body by the time the blade opens. When you have a Right handed Commander in the left pocket you actually rake the knife forward- and the knife opens in the reverse grip position...which I actually prefer.
Give it a try sometime you will see what I mean.

Also being a lefty, I have found that a right handed auto knife in the right pocket works great. As I am not as coordinated with my right hand- pushing a button works well.

Jon G23
03-07-07, 08:59
Thanks guys!

Aubrey
03-07-07, 11:35
Emerson will drill/tap for left-hand carry if you send it in. I've heard the charge is ~$25.