PDA

View Full Version : FYI Dan Wesson changes for 2010, better look...

tripletap
11-22-09, 05:44
FYI- after the 1st of the year 2010, Dan Wesson will no longer be producing CBOB's for sale other than in CA as CA models. Unless you live in CA you will not be able to buy a new CBOB from DW. Also, the company is dropping the 10mm CBOB as well and there will be hefty price increases about $200 per pistol. There will be a whole bunch of other changes as well if your a DW fan you might want to read through that thread...

If you don't believe me call CZ 1-800-955-4486 - or read through this thread to see the comments from Keith the DW factory rep -

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=250850

kwelz
11-22-09, 11:56
Ok that is pretty messed up.

civilian
11-22-09, 12:20
CZ jacked up the prices after they purchased the company and my guess is they saw an immediate drop in sales. Not content with that drop, they are going to jack the prices up yet again while offering consumers less. Heck of a business strategy there.

snappy
11-22-09, 13:44
I would think the CBOB would be their most popular model. Too bad. They are under-priced comparatively though. Glad I got mine, (and it is happily riding in it's Tucker holster on my belt as I type this).

An Undocumented Worker
11-22-09, 17:12
If you would read the thread on the other site, the CBOB seems to continued, just not in 10mm. It also appears they have limited production capacity to make quality firearms, thus the limited model variations.

MarshallDodge
11-22-09, 18:25
It is not necessarily true that the CBOB is being discontinued, more like replaced. The VBOB model will have upgraded parts including a forged frame and tool steel parts.

mattjmcd
11-22-09, 18:32
It is not necessarily true that the CBOB is being discontinued, more like replaced. The VBOB model will have upgraded parts including a forged frame and tool steel parts.

Interesting.

Memo to self: watch this space.

A CBOB is not on my short list, but it is on my list. Finally! Some benefit to living in CA!:rolleyes:

maximus83
11-23-09, 20:44
They are actually going to be offering the Valor in a "bobbed" version, which will likely be more popular than the CBOB.

I like the DW 1911's, they are well made, and it sounds like they are becoming even better. Downside? They are still going to be a very limited production company (3500 total pistols for 2010, all models combined), and prices, like everything else 1911, are only going upward, and fast.