PDA

View Full Version : The Latest Brady Campaign Video.

7.62NATO
11-22-09, 11:18

Alpha Sierra
11-22-09, 15:25
We can't afford to obey gun-free zones.
Fixed it for you

lil'Zeus
11-22-09, 15:27
I feel bad that this individual as well as others where injured or killed that day, may they rest in peace. But if this guy would have had been CCW...he could have stopped the deaths and injuries of others!!!

parishioner
11-22-09, 15:50
The gun laws in this country are weak and Virginia Tech happened as a result.

Actually, the Virginia Tech campus employed the strictest gun law, banning them on campus, and as a result, Virginia Tech happened.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-22-09, 19:03
No comments accepted for this video. Way to open the discussion.

Carry a weapon or learn how to play dead better.

Just jocked up to go grab dinner.

Robb Jensen
11-22-09, 19:11
"Don’t hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit softly."--Theodore Roosevelt

alaskacop
11-24-09, 03:47
It is a shame that this senseless act of violence is being used to promote an agenda. The Brady Campaign has always been a coalition of people who have made it their mission to remove all firearms from the public. "Sensible Gun Laws" will vary depending on who you talk to. Clearly this add is an attempt to strike at our emotions and not our heads. The VT killer purchased his firearm from a legal FFL dealer. That dealer did all his checks require by the state and government before proceeding with the purchase. The problem in this instance was that his metal condition had not been documented more clearly so it did not red flag in the system (one of the questions on the 4473 BATF form covers involunterly mental commitment). Like so many issues today, the solution should not require the passage of more and more laws but simply more accountabilty and enforcement of existing ones.

As for the "loophole" in gun show buys, that is more of a question about the selling of personal property rather than a "unlicensed dealer". I believe that you should not have to do federally maditated background checks before selling your personally owned firearms. I think it would be a good idea (for civil liabilty issues) but I dont think is should be a law for you to do so. What happens when you sell a car to someone? Should you be required to check they have insurance and a valid driver's license? Could they use that vehicle to kill and harm others?