PDA

View Full Version : Ruger P95 Trigger

William B.
11-22-09, 14:42
I bought a brand new Ruger P95 at a gun show yesterday. It was the caliber I wanted and it was the right price, plus I've got a little experience with a couple of other P-Series handguns. I haven't had a chance to put any rounds through it yet, but when I dry fire it the trigger feels like it must be about 100lbs on DA. On SA it's fine, though. Is it supposed to be that heavy on DA? Do you guys think it will smooth out after putting some rounds through it?

Robb Jensen
11-22-09, 15:16
It will smooth out a bunch, it won't get much lighter unless you install lighter springs. I don't Think he's taking in much work anymore but Teddy Jacobson www.actionsbyt.com did some great work on Rugers.

William B.
11-22-09, 20:46
It will smooth out a bunch, it won't get much lighter unless you install lighter springs. I don't Think he's taking in much work anymore but Teddy Jacobson www.actionsbyt.com did some great work on Rugers.

Thanks for the info. I know some good people who could install some lighter springs for me. Do you know where I can buy the springs?
I've been down at Quantico for about a year and I've never heard of VA Arms Co. I'll have to check it out one day.

Robb Jensen
11-22-09, 21:18
I'd suggest springs from Wolff gunsprings. VA Arms is in Manassas Va.

William B.
11-22-09, 22:22
I'd suggest springs from Wolff gunsprings. VA Arms is in Manassas Va.

Thanks!

wes007
12-04-09, 11:27
Thats a very interesting selection as far as your handgun goes. Let us know about its performance when you get the chance. At the price for those you really cannot complain

TheGreenRanger24
05-31-10, 16:31
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was curious how the pistol's been doing so far. I've been thinking about buying a P95 for my first pistol and was curious as to what others around here think about that. (My budget is extremely limited and $300 for a Ruger seems doable).

wes007
05-31-10, 17:21
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was curious how the pistol's been doing so far. I've been thinking about buying a P95 for my first pistol and was curious as to what others around here think about that. (My budget is extremely limited and $300 for a Ruger seems doable).

It might be worth it to just save the extra $100 or $150 and look into getting a used Glock or M&P unless you absolutely have one at this moment and even then I'd look into a used S&W third gen auto. Believe me I know how bad it sux to scrap and save but its much better to buy something you know will function when you need it to as opposed to just settling for something.

William B.
05-31-10, 17:34
It might be worth it to just save the extra $100 or $150 and look into getting a used Glock or M&P unless you absolutely have one at this moment...

I agree. I actually sold the pistol to my friend's step-father. He likes it. I thought the pistol was pretty unergonomic and unnecessarily bulky. The trigger did smooth out a little bit after about 100rds. After owning it I've decided that I'm not a big fan of slide-mounted safeties, either.

On the plus side, however, it's very affordable, as is the ammo, it's not too hard to find parts for, and it's simple to disassemble.

If what you really want is a Glock or M&P I don't think this pistol will satisfy you. I'm trying to get enough dough for a Glock 19 now. If you want the P95 find one that you can shoot and get a feel for it before purchasing your own... that's just my opinion.