PDA

View Full Version : Leupold CQ/T?

meat
03-07-07, 02:44
new member here...
looking into a Leupy CQ/T for my AR.

Have run one through a course of fire 1x, and liked it.

Can anyone here offer their personal opinions about it?

Specifically, ruggedness/durability, mount suggestions, repeatability?

Do you like the circle/dot reticle? Drawbacks?

Battery life on the illuminated reticle, etc.?

Thanks in advance

meat
03-07-07, 02:58
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=2986

this helped, anybody else have any ideas?

MerQ
03-07-07, 03:05
I think for most 1x or unmagnified stuff nothing will be as fast as Aimpoint/ EOTech or BUIS. If you are looking for low powered scopes a lot of people like them but most people tend to go with S&B when money isn't a factor. Nightforce works well when it is but people still want most of the S&B performance. Horus Talon, Meopta, Accupoint, and the Mark IV 1.5-5 MR/T get mentioned a lot more than the CQ/T for variables. Some people also don't have a issue with using a ACOG up close as well. I guess what I'm trying to say is continue doing all your research and try all the optics out that you can. Take what you hear with a grain of salt from most people on forums but get whatever works best for you in your budget if your life doesn't depend on it. If it does then get what's generally considered the "best" by most which would be the ShortDot for variables and the Aimpoint/ EOTech rev. F or later model.

meat
03-09-07, 01:19
I think for most 1x or unmagnified stuff nothing will be as fast as Aimpoint/ EOTech or BUIS. If you are looking for low powered scopes a lot of people like them but most people tend to go with S&B when money isn't a factor. Nightforce works well when it is but people still want most of the S&B performance. Horus Talon, Meopta, Accupoint, and the Mark IV 1.5-5 MR/T get mentioned a lot more than the CQ/T for variables. Some people also don't have a issue with using a ACOG up close as well. I guess what I'm trying to say is continue doing all your research and try all the optics out that you can. Take what you hear with a grain of salt from most people on forums but get whatever works best for you in your budget if your life doesn't depend on it. If it does then get what's generally considered the "best" by most which would be the ShortDot for variables and the Aimpoint/ EOTech rev. F or later model.

thanks for the input- much appreciated

xenophobe
03-28-07, 05:20
The CQ/T is a nice solid optic. I've never abused one, but I found the reticle to be just fine for short distances... (50-100y is all I shot with one). Some of the three gunners really seem to love them. I don't particularly care for the exit pupil and close eye relief, as it makes viewing them seem a little slow/finicky compared to a 1-4x short dot clone.... but the field of view is pretty decent, though I think that's more because it doesn't get to 4x like most other variable 1-4x CQB scopes.

I think everyone I've known who has one uses the ARMS mount for it. As for return to zero, durability or battery life, I haven't a clue.

I think my Elcan Specter DR absolutely blows them away, but at more than 2x the price of the CQ/T, may not be a viable option for you.

Robb Jensen
03-28-07, 07:20
The MR/T is a nice solid optic. I've never abused one, but I found the reticle to be just fine for short distances... (50-100y is all I shot with one). Some of the three gunners really seem to love them. I don't particularly care for the exit pupil and close eye relief, as it makes viewing them seem a little slow/finicky compared to a 1-4x short dot clone.... but the field of view is pretty decent, though I think that's more because it doesn't get to 4x like most other variable 1-4x CQB scopes.

Close eye relief?

I use the Vari-X III 1.5x-5x 20mm illuminated Leupold (German No.4 reticle) which is essentially the same thing as a the MR/T but without the M2 turrets and a different reticle. My eye relief is pretty darn long. So long that I had to get a Larue SPR-E scope mount to shoot nose-to-charging handle. Shooting at 1.5x is pretty much the same as using an Aimpoint with a slightly smaller FOV depending on how far forward/rearward you have an Aimpoint mounted.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/BlackwaterIPSC/robbriflescope.jpg

billybronco
03-28-07, 08:26
...mounting hardware for 650.00. I sold my Armalite and was going to keep the CQ/T for my next build; however, decided I was gonna go w/ an FS2000 w/ EoTech. If you're interested, this'll save ya about 150.00. Gimme a shout. 804-690-4974. I'm in Richmond, Va...

xenophobe
03-28-07, 20:31
Close eye relief?

My typo... I meant close eye relief of the CQ/T and my post was about that, not the MRT. It was late. If you noticed, I did mention the 1-3x variable as opposed to the 1-4x of the Short Dot and clones... There isn't a 1-3x MR/T lol

meat
04-02-07, 22:34
thanks anyway BillyB, though the offer is appreciated