PDA

View Full Version : Which has the better trigger pull?

Loner
03-07-07, 02:52
a stock M&P vs. a stock glock?

how about a stock M&P vs. a glock with 3.5 connector?

Lumpy196
03-07-07, 09:39
Depends on what you define as "better" and better for what?

Loner
03-07-07, 10:03
in terms of smoothness, pull weight and reset.

SGB
03-19-07, 19:43
While I don't know about better I do prefer the trigger on the M&P over the Glock

CoCop
03-21-07, 08:47
I like the stock MP over the Glock.
I had Dan Burwell do a trigger job on my MP 40 and it is smoother and better reset. Best 50 bucks spent.

M4arc
03-21-07, 09:09
I'm the opposite of these guys. I prefer the stock trigger of the Glock over the M&P.

The problem(s) I have with the stock M&P trigger is the very light reset and the "double reset" feeling. I could probably live with the light reset if it wasn't for the "double reset" I feel when the trigger bar rolls off the firing pin plunger.

However, the M&P is more tunable in the hands of someone like Bowie or Burwell. After I get another 1K through mine I'm sending mine off to have the reset cleaned up. I'm sure that when I get it back it will be better than a stock Glock trigger.

ST911
03-24-07, 10:47
Another vote for the Glock trigger, and the distinct and positive reset with the NY1 trigger spring.

The 3.5#/NY1 combination, polished through thousands of rounds of use, is a very nice setup.

Robb Jensen
03-24-07, 10:54
Modified/trigger job?
M&P

Unmodified/stock trigger pull?
Glock

My M&P9 that I use in competition now has a 3lb very crisp trigger pull with a very short reset which is right at the same length as my STI 2011.

Loner
03-26-07, 07:40
Finally took the plunge and ordered a M&P9, it will replace my G19. Though I have not seen or held one in person as the store I got it from doesn't have a display unit, I was sold by the good reviews on it and the people here who are happy with them :D It will then get a Bowie triggerjob :) Can't wait!