PDA

View Full Version : RRA lower with a Vltor VIS?

AEROX711
11-23-09, 10:02
I am currently deployed and have been purchasing parts for an SPR rifle I plan to build when I come home. I have a Noveske 18" switchblock barrel sitting in a Vltor VIS III waiting for me at home, along with a few other parts.

Back before I deployed, "the great scare" was beginning and I purchased 3 RRA stripped lowers and 3 RRA LPK's and stashed them in the safe. I didn't know how the market would be when I returned home.

Well, you know how reading goes up here... "this is good, this is bad, etc etc opinion opinion". I was planning on putting my new upper on one of those stripped lowers but I thought I would ask you all for pictures or personal experience with this combination. I did a few searches but didn't yield many results. I was curious on how the finishes matched up and how the fitment of the VIS was with a RRA lower. I read a few threads where it was 'tight'. I've also read a lot up here knocking RRA LPK's. I have a Geissele DMR among that pile of goodies at home, so I would only use the kit minus the trigger.

Any experience or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

bkb0000
11-23-09, 10:10
finish and fit are going to vary- nobody can predict either of those. Vltor uppers are almost always "tight" on almost all lowers, in my experience- varying between "snug, no play" to "so ****in tight i need a hammer to close the weapon."

as far as the quality of RRA parts- nothing wrong with RRA LPKs or lowers. there's RRA parts i wouldn't use, but their lowers (like almost all lowers) and their LPKs (like most LPKs) are perfectly adequate.

use a good quality barrel and you're set with what you have. post pics when you're home/done.

AEROX711
11-23-09, 10:20
Ok. Hopefully between the 3 stripped lowers at home, one will fit well. I'm set with the bbl, 18" Noveske switch block waiting for me at home :)