PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the lightest 10 inch upper?

The Dumb Gun Collector
11-23-09, 11:05
Hey guys,

Still planning my lightweight rifle. I have a 416 upper on one of my guns and while it may be ready for the Eastern Front, it ain't light.

Does anyone make a "pencil barrel" style short upper? I want to put together a sort of updated survival rifle.

C4IGrant
11-23-09, 11:08
Hey guys,

Still planning my lightweight rifle. I have a 416 upper on one of my guns and while it may be ready for the Eastern Front, it ain't light.

Does anyone make a "pencil barrel" style short upper? I want to put together a sort of updated survival rifle.

The LMT 10.5 is very light.

C4

jjw
11-24-09, 12:09
Greg
i took a 10.5" lmt. gave it to my gunsmith (adco ) and told him to take every oz out of it he could. worked great 1st before voiding the warranty.

i have a custom 11.5" left me by an old friend i worked for in s. America. which is the lightest 100% reliable i ever saw. i know knacs armament built if him as a retirement gift from socom.

this 1 is damn close
i also have a h&k 416 complete upper. those things are HEAVY only shoot it when i am good shape.

try the lmt way nothing better.

good luck

LonghunterCO
11-24-09, 15:57
-Get one of BCM lightweight uppers next year and get it cut down.
-Wait for a 6520 barrel to become available and cut it down (or maybe Grant to get some in;))

I have a 12.5" 6520 barrel on my SBR and it is very light.