PDA

View Full Version : M3X durability???

JAYTEAM
03-07-07, 08:41
I have an M3X. I realize it isn't as rugged as an X200, but how durable is it? How well would it hold up to a high round count mounted on the pistol? Would you be afraid to expose it to the pounding of repeated recoil?

Jay

carshooter
03-07-07, 09:21
Jay,

I don't have an M3X, but I've had an M3 since 1998.

I've shot the tar out of it on several different guns and it's none worse for the wear. In 9 years I've replaced 4 bulbs and several sets of batteries.

I would expect an M3X to be MORE durable.

Rick

PS On the other hand, I also bought the first X200 I saw. There's no question it's a better built piece of equipment that will survive more abuse.

JAYTEAM
03-07-07, 09:40
Thanks for the reply. The X200 is on my list of things to get, but unfortunately my list is longer than my pockets are deep, but I think most of us have that problem. :D

Jay

carshooter
03-07-07, 12:37
I don't really have any first hand usage experience with one, but the Streamlight TLR-1 looks pretty well built for the $$$, too.

I played with one in a store, but don't know anyone who's actually used one.

Q-Cop
04-18-07, 13:29
I have had an MX3 for about 2 years or so. Mine is mounted on a glock 21 which I carry on duty (P.D). I have shot hundereds of rounds at the range, both with my light turned off and on. I havn't had to change the bulb and have had no problems. I think the MX3 is a great rugged light. I have also shot several rapid drills without any problems to the light. I very happy with my MX3.

ST911
04-22-07, 22:20
I have an M3X. I realize it isn't as rugged as an X200, but how durable is it? How well would it hold up to a high round count mounted on the pistol? Would you be afraid to expose it to the pounding of repeated recoil? Jay

The M3X is serviceable. It's a significantly better perfomer than the M3, which isn't hard to beat.

Unless you have your heart set on that model or an incandescent, I'd opt for the X200, followed by the TLR-1.

CavReconScout
04-23-07, 11:15
I've run around 3,000 rounds through my patrol carbine with a M3X mounted. Still on the 1st bulb. I know 5.56 compared to pistol rounds is an apple to oranges type of comparison, but I am still very happy with this light.

For those of you running LEDs, are you happy with the "throw" you get outdoors? My M3X does pretty well, and my Gladius is OK. How do the Surefire 200's do? What kind of distance can you get? (I don't mean for this to be a thread hijack, if it is let me know and I will start a new thread)

Gibbles
05-21-07, 22:18
I have been wondering how much abuse the M3X would take, I have one on my Glock 21, the beam is adjustable like a mag light, its bright as hell, and I have only fired it a few times while turned on and off and it held up. Other than that I baby the thing. mostly it sits in my night stand attached to my 21.

I liked the LED models but I have a hard time seeing the light, the surefire B model was nice though, if I got a LED light that’s what I would want.

Turnkey11
06-01-07, 20:03
Ive never fired with it on (its on a FN Five seveN I didnt bring with me to Hawaii in 05') but hopefully it will handle the mild recoil of that gun better than it would on a .40 or .45.

meateater
06-04-07, 17:45
picked up an m6x and mounted it on my ar. will let ya'll know how it does in the long run.