or the bcm thats coming out early next year. Thanks for any help

Mung
11-23-09, 19:51
Im thinking about getting a 12.5 inch upper. Which one should I get the noveske

Dunno what one YOU should get, but I'd get the Noveske.:D

Rated21R
11-23-09, 19:58
I thought about this for quite some time, did all kinds of research, and talked to some folks on here and I will be going with the BCM. It fits my needs more than the Noveske. Other folks results might differ.

theJanitor
11-23-09, 20:01
Im thinking about getting a 12.5 inch upper. Which one should I get the noveske

BCM. it's a 12.5, not a 600M gun. you want good accuracy and quality materials. Both Noveske and BCM will get you those, but at distinctly different prices. spend the savings on the rest of the gun, ammo, or training.

SWATcop556
11-23-09, 20:10
BCM. it's a 12.5, not a 600M gun. you want good accuracy and quality materials. Both Noveske and BCM will get you those, but at distinctly different prices. spend the savings on the rest of the gun, ammo, or training.

Good advice here. Nothing against Noveske (I love mine) but BCM is more of the blue collar workin' mans kit, which fits my needs nicely.

Ak44
11-23-09, 20:40
I'm waiting on a Noveske 12.5 switchblock that's being built by the crew @ Noveske. Once I get that I'll probably get a BCM w/ KAC URXII. Best of Both Worlds :D

Bantee
11-23-09, 20:56
Sounds like "hot blonde" or "hot red-head" to me. That's called a win-win!;)

theJanitor
11-23-09, 21:00
Sounds like "hot blonde" or "hot red-head" to me. That's called a win-win!;)

win-win-win is picking the one that costs you less, lol

docsherm
11-23-09, 21:03
Go with the Noveske...You can not beat the quality, BCM just does not even compare to it. You will not regret it.

Cameron
11-23-09, 21:08
I thought about this for quite some time, did all kinds of research, and talked to some folks on here and I will be going with the BCM. It fits my needs more than the Noveske. Other folks results might differ.

What did you find out?

How did it fit your needs better?

Go with the Noveske...You can not beat the quality, BCM just does not even compare to it. You will not regret it.

What is higher quality on a Noveske over a BCM? Is the difference basically the thickness of the chrome lining?

SWATcop556
11-27-09, 00:35

More of an apples to oranges......

Noveske is very high quality, however BCM quality is second to none. Noveske is more of a "fit and finish."

LonghunterCO
11-29-09, 21:41
I am going to say apples and oranges too.
The N4 shorty only comes in 10.5" and to get into a 12.5 you have to go with a low-pro gas block and would be running a FF rail. The BCM is going to be coming with a standard FSB setup.
So if you are wanting a 12.5"? Are you wanting to run it with a FF rail and BUIS (go Noveske) or a traditional FSB (go BCM)?

-Myself I would go with BCMs light weight 12.5" that is coming out next year.

No Bananas
05-20-12, 19:55
So, what did you get OP?

TangoSauce
05-20-12, 20:01

Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing with you....but couldn't you argue the other direction too. The shorter barrel will be inherently less accurate, so you would want a more accurate barrel to help compensate for the short length?

BigBoss01
05-20-12, 21:19
Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing with you....but couldn't you argue the other direction too. The shorter barrel will be inherently less accurate, so you would want a more accurate barrel to help compensate for the short length?

The shorter barrel will not be "inherently" less accurate, in fact, to a certain range, it may be "inherently" more accurate than a longer barrel for several reasons, but i see what your getting at. ;)

TangoSauce
05-20-12, 21:21
The shorter barrel will not be "inherently" less accurate, in fact, to a certain range, it may be "inherently" more accurate than a longer barrel for several reasons, but i see what your getting at. ;)

lol. yes, yes you do have me there.

:p

No Bananas
05-20-12, 22:04
Both have great barrels. But, the Noveske barrels have some extras. The Noveskes are CHF, have the smooth rigid taper, and the extra thick CL. The long and heavy barrel nut and the SWS handguards are a minus when compared to LaRue and DD IMO

Like the Noveskes, the BCMs are HP and MP. They have the gov't profile, and mil-spec chrome lining.BCM does not currently offer their 12.5 barrels in hammer forged.

Clearly, the Noveske has advantage. The question is it needed or is it overkill? The M16A2/A4 and the M4 model barrels are gov't contour, have mil-spec CL, and are not hammer forged. Although I've heard that heavier contour barrels are being considered, these barrels perform very well.

Is the Noveske a stronger barrel? Yes. Is it a more accurate barrel? Yes. Will you you ever be shooting a 12.5 barrel for groups or repeated prolonged full auto mag dumps, than my guess would be that you won't see the difference between the two.

But if you want the best, and you want to feel very confident that your rifle will always stand up in durability, accuracy and quality than Noveske is your gun. That being said I don't think that I've ever heard that a BCM didn't measure up....

HELLABEN
05-21-12, 03:20
what BCM is coming out next year? what am i missing here?

SteveL
05-21-12, 05:32
what BCM is coming out next year? what am i missing here?

I think what everyone is missing is that this was a thread resurrected from '09.

USMC99-03
05-21-12, 18:53
ended up with a BCM Kino

No Bananas
05-21-12, 19:08
Happy with it?

fallenromeo
05-22-12, 10:48
ended up with a BCM Kino

very nice choice

RCO'B
07-15-12, 16:06