PDA

View Full Version : Aar: Eag Carbine, Brady, Tx

ashooter
03-07-07, 10:28
Well, it was another GREAT class at Brady last weekend! A BIG "thanks" goes to Pat Rogers, Mike H., and all the students who helped make this class a really great time and great training for all. Everybody was really switched on.

Pat can confirm that there were the usual problems with equipment - worn springs, EOTech battery box issues, etc. But everybody was taken care of by either replacing or fixing what was malfunctioning, due to the extensive "goodie box" maintained by both Pat and Mike.

An extra big THANKS goes out to EAG's sponsors - Larue, Viking Tactics, TangoDown, Woolrich Elite, S&B and TruckVault. Larue is hooking me up with a new Aimpoint to fill the empty Larue Aimpoint mount I brought home as a "gimme". :)

The most valuable things I took away from this and last year's classes are shooting positions like SBU, supine, and urban prone, shooting toward the strong side while moving laterally toward the weak side, realistic cleaning and lube methods, what equipment works and what is crap, and a good method for clearing malfunctions. Simply being on the range for 8 hours a day and running 1200-1300 rds through a carbine in 3 days has given me a new perspective on what works and what doesn't in regards to equipment, gear, and skillsets.

If anybody else who was there has any comments, suggestions, photos, etc - fire away!

ashooter
03-08-07, 08:21
Here are some photos from the class:

http://www.photoshow.net/watch/xi4Cb3FV

http://www.photoshow.net/watch/kF9fX8pP

LOKNLOD
03-08-07, 09:25
Not to hijack your thread, but do you have any idea how long a drive it really is to Brady from DFW? Seems like the Brady classes are about as close to southern OK as it gets.

ashooter
03-08-07, 10:17
I'm guessing it's about 2.5 hours or so from Dallas. We had several guys from Oklahoma at this class... They said it was a LOT closer than Indiana.

Pat_Rogers
03-08-07, 10:36
Yup, this was another great one in Brady, and many kudos to you for the work in setting it up!

Wayne Dobbs
03-08-07, 15:13
It's four hours from Dallas to Brady driving legally and sanely...

chadkok
03-08-07, 16:51
We had several guys from Oklahoma at this class... They said it was a LOT closer than Indiana.

That is the truth! This was a great class. I enjoyed meeting the folks from Texas and sampling the BBQ as well.

Pat_Rogers
03-08-07, 17:01
Chad- I think that the Hard 8 should have achieved some type of legend status just for haaving us in there.
BTW- great images of your guys wallowing in cow poop during aysmetrical prone. Someone said that this is an OK pastime??
(They'll be on the Alumni site tonight/ tomorrow. I know you are waiting with bated breath :D )

Aubrey
03-08-07, 17:25
Chad- I think that the Hard 8 should have achieved some type of legend status just for haaving us in there.
BTW- great images of your guys wallowing in cow poop during aysmetrical prone. Someone said that this is an OK pastime??
(They'll be on the Alumni site tonight/ tomorrow. I know you are waiting with bated breath :D )

Cow-Patty Prone :D
http://i5.pbase.com/g6/86/694586/2/75308547.HW9nFD5w.jpg

Pat_Rogers
03-08-07, 17:27
Great minds think alike Aubrey!
I have several images that are similar!!
Of course, certain people have an eye for such things....
He was sitting with the OK guys at the Hard 8, right?

Pat_Rogers
03-08-07, 17:28
Great minds think alike Aubrey!
I have several images that are similar!!
Of course, certain people have an eye for such things....
He was sitting with the OK guys at the Hard 8, right?
Hey- no limit on images on alumni...so far..

Hawkeye
03-08-07, 18:58
Speaking of the Hard 8.... I was in a class in Weatherford, TX this past weekend and had dinner Sat. night at the Hard 8 in Stephenville. Thats some fine eating right there.

Sounds like you guys had some good training AND good food.

Heavy Metal
03-08-07, 19:13
C'mon, it has to have the consistency of fresh made brownie mix to count as real Texas eau de cologne. That stuff is is as dry as a plug of chaw:D

John_Wayne777
03-08-07, 19:21
Well, I must say that learning to dodge manure is something I've never had to do in training.

....Well, aside from the sometimes fantastic stories told by the occasional classmate....

ashooter
03-08-07, 20:43
It's four hours from Dallas to Brady driving legally and sanely...

Wow, I didn't think it was that far! I must've been thinking of Austin.

oops. :eek: