PDA

View Full Version : SEALS face criminal charges for assaulting a terrorist

Sam
11-24-09, 14:46
UNBELIEVABLE

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,576646,00.html

Navy SEALs have secretly captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq — the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. And three of the SEALs who captured him are now facing criminal charges, sources told FoxNews.com.

The three, all members of the Navy's elite commando unit, have refused non-judicial punishment — called an admiral's mast — and have requested a trial by court-martial.

Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named "Objective Amber," told investigators he was punched by his captors — and he had the bloody lip to prove it.

Now, instead of being lauded for bringing to justice a high-value target, three of the SEAL commandos, all enlisted, face assault charges and have retained lawyers.

Matthew McCabe, a Special Operations Petty Officer Second Class (SO-2), is facing three charges: dereliction of performance of duty for willfully failing to safeguard a detainee, making a false official statement, and assault.

Petty Officer Jonathan Keefe, SO-2, is facing charges of dereliction of performance of duty and making a false official statement.

Petty Officer Julio Huertas, SO-1, faces those same charges and an additional charge of impediment of an investigation.

The three SEALs will be arraigned separately on Dec. 7. Another three SEALs — two officers and an enlisted sailor — have been identified by investigators as witnesses but have not been charged.

FoxNews.com obtained the official handwritten statement from one of the three witnesses given on Sept. 3, hours after Abed was captured and still being held at the SEAL base at Camp Baharia. He was later taken to a cell in the U.S.-operated Green Zone in Baghdad.

The SEAL told investigators he had showered after the mission, gone to the kitchen and then decided to look in on the detainee.

"I gave the detainee a glance over and then left," the SEAL wrote. "I did not notice anything wrong with the detainee and he appeared in good health."

Lt. Col. Holly Silkman, spokeswoman for the special operations component of U.S. Central Command, confirmed Tuesday to FoxNews.com that three SEALs have been charged in connection with the capture of a detainee. She said their court martial is scheduled for January.

United States Central Command declined to discuss the detainee, but a legal source told FoxNews.com that the detainee was turned over to Iraqi authorities, to whom he made the abuse complaints. He was then returned to American custody. The SEAL leader reported the charge up the chain of command, and an investigation ensued.

The source said intelligence briefings provided to the SEALs stated that "Objective Amber" planned the 2004 Fallujah ambush, and "they had been tracking this guy for some time."

The Fallujah atrocity came to symbolize the brutality of the enemy in Iraq and the degree to which a homegrown insurgency was extending its grip over Iraq.

The four Blackwater agents were transporting supplies for a catering company when they were ambushed and killed by gunfire and grenades. Insurgents burned the bodies and dragged them through the city. They hanged two of the bodies on a bridge over the Euphrates River for the world press to photograph.

Intelligence sources identified Abed as the ringleader, but he had evaded capture until September.

The military is sensitive to charges of detainee abuse highlighted in the Abu Ghraib prison scandal. The Navy charged four SEALs with abuse in 2004 in connection with detainee treatment

RogerinTPA
11-24-09, 14:53
What a laod of crap. Seems like we are the only ones worried about how a f-ckin terrorist is treated.:rolleyes: That should be a lesson learned how not to turn over live terrorists in the future.

Palmguy
11-24-09, 14:53
Insane.

opksrj
11-24-09, 14:54
came across this story on militaryphotos not long ago as well - really unfortunate that this is having to happen for these guys, I wish them the best for the outcome

Safetyhit
11-24-09, 14:54
It is totally and completely unfathomable. They should have been able to make him eat excrement while on fire without anyone knowing about it, let alone give him a bloody friggin lip.

Who is responsible for crap like this? Apparently it's not the first time.

woodandsteel
11-24-09, 14:57
The military is sensitive to charges of detainee abuse highlighted in the Abu Ghraib prison scandal

This war is lost.:(

eta: We are doing ourselves in.

Belmont31R
11-24-09, 15:03
Along with bringing garrison to a combat zone comes the lawyers in tow trying to make a name for themselves.

A bloody lip? WHO GIVES A FLYING ****!?

Abraxas
11-24-09, 15:08
I could not care less if they had broke every bone in his body! These are some tragic days that we live in. Our leaders are truly turning against its warriors

ZDL
11-24-09, 15:18

FN in MT
11-24-09, 15:21
Instead of a commendation they face a court Martial!!! Unbelievable.

2010 is around the corner. Hopefully a message will be sent next November.

FN in MT

chadbag
11-24-09, 15:21
The complaint is suspect from the beginning. I obviously only have the info in the news article. But the scumbag did not complain until he was handed over to Iraqi officials?

There is no mention of pics of the scumbag? I would have thought they would have taken pictures of him when he got in. Resisting arrest? That is the obvious answer.

This is stupid.

C4IGrant
11-24-09, 15:24
I thought it was SOP to smack a terrorist in the mouth?? The guy is lucky that they didn't just kill him on the spot (dead men tell no tales).

C4

dbrowne1
11-24-09, 15:30
The three, all members of the Navy's elite commando unit, have refused non-judicial punishment — called an admiral's mast — and have requested a trial by court-martial.

Translation: The SEALs were offered a slap on the wrist and said, "**** off, we did nothing wrong."

Good for them.

I understand why we capture these guys (so we can interrogate them), but more and more I think we should just kill them as soon as we find them. Keeping them alive and imprisoned just creates too many legal messes.

ThirdWatcher
11-24-09, 15:33

This was my first thought.

C4IGrant
11-24-09, 15:35
Translation: The SEALs were offered a slap on the wrist and said, "**** off, we did nothing wrong."

Good for them.

I understand why we capture these guys (so we can interrogate them), but more and more I think we should just kill them as soon as we find them. Keeping them alive and imprisoned just creates too many legal messes.

Agree. The enemy only understands one thing. Violence. They cut the head off of one of our guys, we cut 10 of their's off.

I was watching the WWII in HD special the other night and they were showing video of us dropping the atomic bomb on Japan. I thought to myself, can you imagine what would happen if we SPECIFICALLY targeted civy's during a war now??? If ONE missile goes off course and hits the wrong place or causes damage to the building next to it, the world leaders flip out on us. :rolleyes:

C4

Abraxas
11-24-09, 15:57

If any other nation did to us what we do to our selves, we would nuke them.

dbrowne1
11-24-09, 16:15
I was watching the WWII in HD special the other night and they were showing video of us dropping the atomic bomb on Japan. I thought to myself, can you imagine what would happen if we SPECIFICALLY targeted civy's during a war now??? If ONE missile goes off course and hits the wrong place or causes damage to the building next to it, the world leaders flip out on us. :rolleyes:

Not to mention the firebombings of both Japanese and German cities before that, which killed hundreds of thousands of civilians as well. All of which was instrumental in both the defeat and surrender of the Axis.

Not to get too philosophical, but we split too many hairs and don't commit to the concept of total warfare anymore. We really have never done it since WWII. We throw up too many barriers to our own efforts, too many self-created lines that we're not allowed to cross. We saw this in Vietnam and now today it's 10x worse.

We try to split the good guys from the bad guys with too fine a scalpel these days. We are so worried about not stepping on toes and keeping the locals happy at the micro level that we lose sight of the fundamental purpose behind our actions, which is to kill the bad man and break his stuff. If he's holed up in a village then they're part of the problem too.

chadbag
11-24-09, 16:26

C4

I visited both Hiroshima and Nagasaki this Sept when I was in Japan. We went to the Atomic Bomb museums in both locations. Both cities try to politicize it kind of like you infer above. I made sure I told my boy, who is 6, who was with me, that sometimes in a war you have to make sure that the enemy is killed and defeated overwhelmingly... War sucks but if you get in one, make sure you smash the enemy overwhelmingly.

You are right. This enemy specifically only understands and respects violence. We cannot forget that when dealing with them.

jmp45
11-24-09, 16:28
As long as this lunatic administration is in power, I think no quarter should be an option to consider.

OT... Oba mao though, might have caved last weekend to a fetal position when SNL did this skit. How could his own cronies break ranks to this degree?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01vjlJZRw5Q

NoBody
11-24-09, 16:33
Making false official statements is very serious, if true. I'd guess this is probably the only reason this even went forward. Still, what a disgrace to even let it get past the first officer in their chain-of-command.

scottryan
11-24-09, 16:38
Another reason just to kill these ****s in the field and put a throwdown gun on them if necessary.

scottryan
11-24-09, 16:40
Not to mention the firebombings of both Japanese and German cities before that, which killed hundreds of thousands of civilians as well. All of which was instrumental in both the defeat and surrender of the Axis.

Not to get too philosophical, but we split too many hairs and don't commit to the concept of total warfare anymore. We really have never done it since WWII. We throw up too many barriers to our own efforts, too many self-created lines that we're not allowed to cross. We saw this in Vietnam and now today it's 10x worse.

We try to split the good guys from the bad guys with too fine a scalpel these days. We are so worried about not stepping on toes and keeping the locals happy at the micro level that we lose sight of the fundamental purpose behind our actions, which is to kill the bad man and break his stuff. If he's holed up in a village then they're part of the problem too.

Exactly. Right on.

Thomas M-4
11-24-09, 16:47
Cutting back air support in Afghanistan,Dragging ass sending more troops in, sending terrorists to civilian courts in the US. I used to think Clinton was a spineless, waffling twit now I really know what a spineless waffling twit really is.

VooDoo6Actual
11-24-09, 17:03
At times like this, it seems to me like we are running around with our hair on fire and putting it out with a hammer...

Spade
11-24-09, 17:20
WHAT THE FRIGGIN CRAP! You know I would hate to be a soldier now. You always have to look over your shoulder & second guess every decision. They told us starting in boot that hesitation kills. Now a soldiers has to call his lawyer for advice before he acts. Then video the whole thing for evidence. How can you possibly fight a war like that (I know you can't). How crazy can this country possibly get? I hope these Seals come through without so much as a bad look.

Mark71
11-24-09, 17:21
I had to double check that link to see if it was from The Onion website. I can't believe that this is for real.

:mad:

RogerinTPA
11-24-09, 17:37
That is totally f--ked up when an Officer in the Unit turned them in.

Gutshot John
11-24-09, 17:43
That is totally f--ked up when an Officer in the Unit turned them in.

This is entirely speculative but it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that this started with a chickenshit officer who wanted to crack the whip on his guys and maybe got a little "informal counseling". In retaliation he might have tried to use an incident that would have otherwise been overlooked to bring up bogus charges as an NJP but it got out of his hands when the sailors requested a CM.

It seems pretty hard to understand how it got to this point, and I bet it quietly gets swept under the rug.

RogerinTPA
11-24-09, 17:51
This is entirely speculative but it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that this started with a chickenshit officer who wanted to crack the whip on his guys and maybe got a little "informal counseling". In retaliation he might have tried to use an incident that would have otherwise been overlooked to bring up bogus charges as an NJP but it got out of his hands when the sailors requested a CM.

It seems pretty hard to understand how it got to this point, and I bet it quietly gets swept under the rug.

It was reported on Fox by Sheppard Smith.

However, I hope this gets dismissed by the Convening Authority, and get those SEALS back in the fight.

Gutshot John
11-24-09, 17:54
It was reported on Fox by Sheppard Smith.

No my words were speculative. I presumed what you said about it being an officer was accurate.

SteyrAUG
11-24-09, 18:02
Somebody should punch the guy who brought them up on charges in the lip.

11Bravo
11-24-09, 18:15
I'm about 98.999 percent in favor of them being told not to let it happen again and let off and about 1.001 percent in favor of them getting some disciplinary action.
If the injury occurred capturing him, tough shit.
If he had been detained and secured and one of them decided to deck him, that SEAL should receive some corrective action; at most maybe half a month's pay and a finger wagging.
Certainly not anywhere near this level.
Like it or not, it is their job and moral responsibility to safeguard and protect him while he is in their custody.
The only way we can claim the moral high ground is to stay on the moral high ground.
Punching him just because you can just isn't right.
I got no problem with interrogators connecting electrified barbed wire to his scrotum and making him squat for hours listening to Brittney Spears with caterpillars crawling all over his naked body while some butch bitch smokes a cigarette holding his leash while interrogating him then giving him a nice relaxing bit of water boarding, but that is not the job of the SEALs.
And he needs to develop a healthy bit of suck it up and deal with it, shithead.

And maybe we do need to just stop capturing them and instead remand them to the permanent custody of Hell.
Wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Mjolnir
11-24-09, 18:26
If any other nation did to us what we do to our selves, we would nuke them.
I've got dibs on your quote!

Mjolnir
11-24-09, 18:28

I can see no other way this would happen. A bloody lip is a small wound when you're being targeted by any nation's "tip of the spear" commandoes. I'd be quite elated if that's all I got from "contact with untouchables".

Who still denies we've been undermined from within?

parishioner
11-24-09, 18:28
I'm confused. I thought we were there to kill terrorists. Isn't that what you do in war, kill? So why do we care again if one got punched in the lip? I would really love an explanation.

aggopian
11-24-09, 18:30
Another reason just to kill these ****s in the field and put a throwdown gun on them if necessary.

Amen brother!

SeriousStudent
11-24-09, 18:50
"The three SEALs will be arraigned separately on Dec. 7."

Wow, now there's a great mental image for you.

On a day when we should commemorate the great loss of life by so many sailors in 1941, we will instead put three brave Navy warriors in the dock for apprehending someone that specializes in sneak attacks.

:eek:

I guess the convening authority for the courts-martial must have the last name of Kafka........ I would have given them a 72-hour liberty in the PI, not a charge sheet.

Iraq Ninja
11-24-09, 20:10
Some of you may be unaware of what the situation in Iraq is like these days.

The coalition forces have been beating the shit of of the bad guys for six years without much complaining. What is different now? Since the start of the SOFA agreement last Jan, the Iraqis run the show today. Our military don't roll out of the bases unless they have an Iraqi Army vehicle with them.

Remember the American contractors who were recently beaten? Well, beatings and torture are common in Iraq (Iraqis vs Iraqis) and don't have the shock factor that many Westerners associate with such acts. Lets not forget about the torture chamber found under the Iraqi Ministry of Interior a few years ago.

This bad guy was smart. He is trying to use the system and he knows the Iraqis are in charge. So, there is probably a lot of political pressure being put on this event.

Gutshot John
11-24-09, 21:14

The coalition forces have been beating the shit of of the bad guys for six years without much complaining. What is different now? Since the start of the SOFA agreement last Jan, the Iraqis run the show today. Our military don't roll out of the bases unless they have an Iraqi Army vehicle with them.

Remember the American contractors who were recently beaten? Well, beatings and torture are common in Iraq (Iraqis vs Iraqis) and don't have the shock factor that many Westerners associate with such acts. Lets not forget about the torture chamber found under the Iraqi Ministry of Interior a few years ago.

This bad guy was smart. He is trying to use the system and he knows the Iraqis are in charge. So, there is probably a lot of political pressure being put on this event.

No offense but your words kind of make me want to puke.

Safetyhit
11-24-09, 21:33
No offense but your words kind of make me want to puke.

Is this a fair statement? He is no sympathizer, we all know this.

Maybe just a bad day overall? :confused:

Gutshot John
11-24-09, 21:34
Is this a fair statement? He is no sympathizer, we all know this.

Maybe just a bad day overall? :confused:

It wasn't intended to be a reflection on him...in the least.

More that what he's saying, as someone we know has dedicated a lot to this war, doesn't bode well as a general statement of this conflict.

HK51Fan
11-24-09, 21:39
This is the pure bullshit that has plagueing our military for years. It's a combination of politics and indoctrination.
The bullshit politicians giving the Iraqis, whose overall loyalty is in question to much power to soon.

Also the Naval academy grads that learn all kinds of bullshit at the academy and have no real world experience to draw from. These guy's no that a SOCOM command will put them on the fast track. Once they're with the teams so guy's "get it" other's just keep rolling forward with their Military theory training. My cousin was one of those guy's....finally pissed enough people off that he lost his command and is now selling Real Estate in Denver....fukin glad he's now somewhere where he can't somebody's carreer that actually gives a shit.

Freakin hate Realtor's almost as much as hate those bullshit paper soldier officers that don't have a clue.....get with the program or get out.

Unfortunately it seem like the good guy's are leaving and the BS officer's that couldn't survive outside of the structure of the military are staying and turding up the works........

Safetyhit
11-24-09, 21:39
It wasn't intended to be a reflection on him...in the least.

More that what he's saying, as someone we know has dedicated a lot to this war, doesn't bode well as a general statement of this conflict.

Understood.

RogerinTPA
11-24-09, 21:49

I remember your initial posting of the event, but I can't remember reading about the final outcome and the story behind it.

Irish
11-24-09, 22:53
I hope the SEALs get off unscathed. "Loose lips sink ships" ;)

John_Wayne777
11-24-09, 22:56
I'm not now nor have I ever been a member of NSWG, and I'm not familiar with their chain of command or the circumstances surrounding this event or the factors that played into bringing the situation to where it now stands...

All of that said and out of the way, I'm going to offer my unprofessional, uninformed opinion:

It seems pretty ****ing stupid to me to try and **** up the career of a few SEALs because some terrorist ****stick got a fat lip. I had worse done to me in the fifth grade. Rules are fine things and we certainly need them...but we cannot be so slavishly devoted to enforcing the letter that we allow them to become weapons used against us by terrorists.

Irish
11-24-09, 23:06
It seems pretty ****ing stupid to me to try and **** up the career of a few SEALs because some terrorist ****stick got a fat lip. I had worse done to me in the fifth grade. Rules are fine things and we certainly need them...but we cannot be so slavishly devoted to enforcing the letter that we allow them to become weapons used against us by terrorists.

Very well put.

geminidglocker
11-24-09, 23:08
If any convictions come from this, that will be the straw that makes my American Flag turn topsy-turvy. Both of them, porch and front yard pole. I'm just sick of people who are not on the battle field having any right to judge those that are. I don't even care if it is accidental civilian casualties, It's war, if you don't want to go fight it, fine then don't, that's your right. But don't judge the folks that defend that right by risking their lives.

m4fun
11-24-09, 23:12
This is truly ****ed up.

"If any other nation did to us what we do to our selves, we would nuke them."

What is going on here is insane. I just hope they hang in there a someone up the chain helps them out of here. Certainly we know what the top of the chain thinks of all us.

Irish
11-24-09, 23:21
I'm just sick of people who are not on the battle field having any right to judge those that are. I don't even care if it is accidental civilian casualties, It's war, if you don't want to go fight it, fine then don't, that's your right. But don't judge the folks that defend that right by risking their lives.

I believe this is an over simplification and doesn't reflect the reality of war. People must be held accountable for their actions and there truly are war crimes that must be answered for.

My comments don't refer to the SEALs or this predicament but your generalization is far too reaching in its implications.

geminidglocker
11-24-09, 23:28
I believe this is an over simplification and doesn't reflect the reality of war. People must be held accountable for their actions and there truly are war crimes that must be answered for.

My comments don't refer to the SEALs or this predicament but your generalization is far too reaching in its implications.

Hey, to each their own right? I have other places to rant my political veiws, I'll go there now. I was just tellin' it like I see it. I spent a total of 15 months over there, so I'm a little opinionated.

BiggLee71
11-24-09, 23:35
The situation is insane.Actually,beyond insane.These men are true patriots and heroes and should be treated as such.Anything else is incomprehensible.I think the sleight needs to be wiped clean of these liberal assholes.

BiggLee71
11-24-09, 23:46
This is truly ****ed up.

"If any other nation did to us what we do to our selves, we would nuke them."

What is going on here is insane. I just hope they hang in there a someone up the chain helps them out of here. Certainly we know what the top of the chain thinks of all us.

Very true on all accounts.
Heres a quick story on the aftermath of 9/11.The middle east governments did brace themselves for a nuclear strike immediately following the 9/11 attacks.Much to their surprise,it never materialized.How do I know this? I drink coffee with a NYPD 2 star who was present in a meeting with top brass,fed bigwigs and king abdellah of jordan within weeks of 9/11.The king said so himself.

As for what the top of the chain thinks of us?well,I know all politicians think we're all worker ant p.o.s who exist for no other reason but to serve them.(as is proof by the OP).The Commander in Chief should step in,pardon these guys and put in jail the morons who concocted such outrageous lunacy.

Irish
11-24-09, 23:50
Heres a quick story on the aftermath of 9/11.The middle east governments did brace themselves for a nuclear strike immediately following the 9/11 attacks.Much to their surprise,it never materialized.How do I know this? I drink coffee with a NYPD 2 star who was present in a meeting with top brass,fed bigwigs and king abdellah of jordan within weeks of 9/11.The king said so himself.

As for what the top of the chain thinks of us?well,I know all politicians think we're all worker ant p.o.s who exist for no other reason but to serve them.(as is proof by the OP).The Commander in Chief should step in,pardon these guys and put in jail the morons who concocted such outrageous lunacy.

Spacing after your punctuation and using capital letters, when appropriate, would really make your posts more legible.

scottryan
11-25-09, 00:04

Thats the problem. These 3rd world losers cannot function in anything that represents a modern society with things like electricity, running water, health care, or the wheel.

We signed too much over to them a few years ago. They should have no say in our affairs or their own until they get their shit together. If that takes 25 years so be it.

If we have to kill them for a generation until the younger people grow up under the American system and are not radical, so be it. We had to do the same with Japan in WW2.

BiggLee71
11-25-09, 00:17
Spacing after your punctuation and using capital letters, when appropriate, would really make your posts more legible.

Your critique has what bearing on the current topic? If you dont approve of my "typing style",nobodies forcing you to read it. Stay on topic.

Honu
11-25-09, 00:28
things are going insane quicker than I imagined !

rickrock305
11-25-09, 00:48
this is insane.

the story mentions 4 SEALs prosecuted in 2004, any word on what happened there? i don't seem to remember it.

Iraqgunz
11-25-09, 01:41
You are spot on as usual.

Buckaroo
11-25-09, 03:11
Makes my stomach roll to hear crap like this.

So, he fell up the stairs, so what!

I pray this nation wakes up and realizes we are at war with evil men.

May justice be fully served in this situation and may these heroes receive our nation's thanks before this is over.

Buckaroo

buzz_knox
11-25-09, 07:50
Everyone seems to assume that the SEALs actually punched him, when one of the SEALs specifically said he was fine when last they checked on him. It seems more likely he did what prisoners are known to do, and bounced his head off the wall to get a bloody lip and some sympathy/bargaining chips.

It's a pretty lousy world when three operators can be taken out of action by one smart scumbag in detention.

Sam
11-25-09, 08:09
Remember when saddam hussein was captured? He had a couple of bumps in the face. If the current hussein o. was the president, the same thing might have happened to the soldiers that dragged the bearded deposed dictator out of the hole.

Palmguy
11-25-09, 08:20
Everyone seems to assume that the SEALs actually punched him, when one of the SEALs specifically said he was fine when last they checked on him. It seems more likely he did what prisoners are known to do, and bounced his head off the wall to get a bloody lip and some sympathy/bargaining chips.

It's a pretty lousy world when three operators can be taken out of action by one smart scumbag in detention.

The more I think about it, the more I think you are absolutely right.

Pinder
11-25-09, 08:36
Stories like this make me look down at my Uniform, My CAB, Stripes, and my Shoulder Flag, and wonder where the Military will be in a few years. I was trained to kill, to kill, to kill without mercy and that blood blood blood makes the green grass green. Now, Terrorists WELCOMED on US soil, the detainment camp filled with assholes that we held ourselves back from killing with our bare hands being freed, and NAVY SEALS, Operators, with their names and Im sure pictures over the news and internet, destroying there reputation and careers, putting thier families at risk all for a bloody lip? I didnt want to know the SEALS names, they have earned the right to continue being the Silent professionals that all operators are. Is this the world that my friends, some of you, and I fight for - for what, to risk being tried because we believe the word of a sadistic asshole who KILLED AMERICANS about a bloody lip. In the immortal words of Charlie Brown - Good Grief.

Joe Mamma
11-25-09, 08:48
How the hell did it get to this level? That shit should have been absorbed at the lowest level.

I agree. There was probably one, maybe two people that wanted to make this a big deal for some reason. I'm sure they could have ended it if they wanted.

I'm sure there is a lot more to this story. But I still think this is absolute f'n BS.

"The three, all members of the Navy's elite commando unit, have refused non-judicial punishment — called an admiral's mast — and have requested a trial by court-martial."

Good for them.

Can someone else explain this to me. I have no military experience or knowledge of these things. But I assume the SEALs decision was important so I'm curious about exactly what the options were and what they actually decided.

Thanks.

Joe Mamma

civilian
11-25-09, 08:52
Whole lot of assumptions taking place in this thread. None of us know wtf happened.

CarlosDJackal
11-25-09, 08:58
Everyone seems to assume that the SEALs actually punched him, when one of the SEALs specifically said he was fine when last they checked on him. It seems more likely he did what prisoners are known to do, and bounced his head off the wall to get a bloody lip and some sympathy/bargaining chips...

Does this really matter? It was a CUT LIP that may or may not have occurred during a COMBAT OPERATION!! I have received worse injuries getting out of bed.

Basically, the message this administration is sending to our troops is that Intelligence be damned - TAKE NO PRISONERS and just shoot the bastards dead!! :mad:

Personally, I don't think I can continue serving with the current POTUS because it doesn't look like he or his people are much of a leader. Combat Leaders are supposed to shield their Soldiers from this type of bullshit. JM2CW.

buzz_knox
11-25-09, 09:09
Does this really matter? It was a CUT LIP that may or may not have occurred during a COMBAT OPERATION!! I have received worse injuries getting out of bed.

Basically, the message this administration is sending to our troops is that Intelligence be damned - TAKE NO PRISONERS and just shoot the bastards dead!! :mad:

Personally, I don't think I can continue serving with the current POTUS because it doesn't look like he or his people are much of a leader. Combat Leaders are supposed to shield their Soldiers from this type of bullshit. JM2CW.

It doesn't matter to you, but it matters to the powers that be. It's the difference between the SEALs continuing to serve versus going to prison. The SEALs' position is he was fine when they left him, while the "official" word is that he has been abused. The court-martial is going to need an explanation that conforms the two positions.

As for taking no prisoners, if there is a sudden uptick in the the number of kills versus prisoners, you can expect an investigation to flow from that as well. We're in an age where lethal force needs to be justified under ever-tightening ROEs. How much longer before using weapons with the potential for significant collateral damage (grenade launchers, full auto, harsh language, etc) needs to be approved by a staff officer or JAG?

dbrowne1
11-25-09, 09:16
Can someone else explain this to me. I have no military experience or knowledge of these things. But I assume the SEALs decision was important so I'm curious about exactly what the options were and what they actually decided.

They were offered a less formal adjudication and less serious potential punishment in the form of an "admiral's mast," and declined it on principle, essentially telling their command that if it wanted to fry them for this chickenshit, it would have to be a full-blown court martial and they would fight it. Sort of like declining a plea bargain.

At least, that's how I read it.

Gutshot John
11-25-09, 09:48
They were offered a less formal adjudication and less serious potential punishment in the form of an "admiral's mast," and declined it on principle, essentially telling their command that if it wanted to fry them for this chickenshit, it would have to be a full-blown court martial and they would fight it. Sort of like declining a plea bargain.

At least, that's how I read it.

Under the UCMJ there is "judicial" punishment under what is called a Courts Martial. There are multiple kinds of Courts Martial some involve Juries, some involve a panel of military judges. Conviction in this court almost always ends in prison and a criminal record. It gets formally processed through the convening authority usually NOT the respondent's own command. The officers/jury have to be presented evidence and the prosecution has to substantively proove your guilt. There is a significantly higher burden of proof in a CM.

Article 15 under the UCMJ is administrative punishment or "Nonjudicial Punishment" NJP sometimes called "Standing tall before the man" or Admiral's or Captain's Mast (usually the CO of your unit) or and is a lower level for the individual command to discipline its people without going the formal judicial option. Punishment options include reduction in rank, loss of pay, extra duty and restriction and occasionally processed for an administrative dischage. I also believe you can be placed in the "brig" for no longer than 15 days. Once the sentence has been satisfied the proceedings are contained only within the individual's service record and has no civilian consequences. That said there is very little chance that you can be acquitted in an NJP. Since the standard of proof is much lower, you pretty much have to take your lumps no matter how justified you might have been. It's basically your word against a superior's.

You have an option to request a CM if you believe you are unjustly accused. Though the stakes are higher (Dishonorable discharge, prison time in Leavenworth and a Felony Conviction), but so is the burden of proof, if you are acquitted, you are free. If you are acquitted, the officer's who brought charges are going to have some explaining to do as to why it got to that level.

Gunfighter.45
11-25-09, 09:53
Stories like this make me look down at my Uniform, My CAB, Stripes, and my Shoulder Flag, and wonder where the Military will be in a few years. I was trained to kill, to kill, to kill without mercy and that blood blood blood makes the green grass green. Now, Terrorists WELCOMED on US soil, the detainment camp filled with assholes that we held ourselves back from killing with our bare hands being freed, and NAVY SEALS, Operators, with their names and Im sure pictures over the news and internet, destroying there reputation and careers, putting thier families at risk all for a bloody lip? I didnt want to know the SEALS names, they have earned the right to continue being the Silent professionals that all operators are. Is this the world that my friends, some of you, and I fight for - for what, to risk being tried because we believe the word of a sadistic asshole who KILLED AMERICANS about a bloody lip. In the immortal words of Charlie Brown - Good Grief.

Totally 110% agree with you. This is total bullshit for our troops overall. This is the shit that makes me sick. It's ok for our SF units to risk everything for our country but they can't tap a piece of shit on the lip. Guys guys.. I'm sorry for saying this but I'm going to say it anyways. This country is going to shit!!! I mean WTF!!! another bright idea was putting a muslim as a ****in (psychologist) so he could talk to our returning troops about how they felt. I mean really!! WTF!

d90king
11-25-09, 10:04
Disgusting is the first word that comes to mind... I am starting to think that taking no prisoners is the best solution at this point and time... I know its not PC but this shit is getting out of hand!

Mjolnir
11-25-09, 10:13
this is insane.

the story mentions 4 SEALs prosecuted in 2004, any word on what happened there? i don't seem to remember it.
I don't recall what happened but I distinctly remember the charges. I downloaded several articles about it back then. We all "know" they beat the shit out of guys they captured and I'd expect the same treatment if they were set upon me but what really do you do about it other than tell them to only use the necessary force to capture and then truly let it go as there are more pressing matters.

Mjolnir
11-25-09, 10:16
Heres a quick story on the aftermath of 9/11. The middle east governments did brace themselves for a nuclear strike immediately following the 9/11 attacks. Much to their surprise, it never materialized. How do I know this? I drink coffee with a NYPD 2 star who was present in a meeting with top brass, fed bigwigs and king abdellah of jordan within weeks of 9/11.The king said so himself.

We've got 'similar friends', friend.

tampam4
11-25-09, 11:15
Completely disgusting! I'm afraid that this will turn against our entire military very quickly, and that incredibly stupid events such as this one will become worse and more frequent.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of our elite soldiers if they are forced to handle situations like capturing a high value terrorist with gloved hands?:confused:

VooDoo6Actual
11-25-09, 12:01
Gents,

I spoke with ATTY. Neal Puckett today who is representing SEAL McCabe and he is going to be setting something up for a DONATION FUND for LEGAL FEES associated on the website link posted below in the near future. He commented that he does anticipate this getting expensive due to travel overseas, procedural issues, discovery etc.

http://www.puckettfaraj.com/

BIO posted
http://www.puckettfaraj.com/neal-puckett/

Neal A. Puckett is a nationally renowned military criminal defense attorney practicing from Alexandria, Virginia. He has represented military service members in Afghanistan, England, Germany, Hungary, Iraq, Japan, Kuwait, Spain and throughout the United States. He defended Army LTC Allen West against charges of detainee abuse in Iraq in 2003, and in 2004 represented former Army BG Janis Karpinski in the Abu Ghraib prison abuse scandal in 2004. Currently his firm represents Marine SSgt Frank Wuterich, who faces court-martial for the deaths of Iraqi civilians following a fatal IED attack on his squad in Haditha, Iraq in 2005. They appeared together on CBS 60 Minutes, broadcast on three occasions in 2007. Mr. Puckett has appeared on all major cable and broadcast networks numerous times either on behalf of his clients or as an expert commentator on military law.

Mr. Puckett was commissioned in 1977 through the Platoon Leaders Class program after earning a B.A. degree, magna cum laude, with a double major in Psychology and Speech Communication from Indiana University, where he was also a Phi Beta Kappa. He holds a J.D. degree from Indiana University School of Law (1984); an LL.M. degree in Criminal Law from the University of San Diego School of Law (1989); and an M.A. degree in National Security and Strategic Studies from the U.S. Naval War College (1993).

Second Lieutenant Puckett graduated from The Basic School in 1977 and was designated an Intelligence Officer. Ordered to the 2nd Marine Division at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, he was reassigned to the 4th Marine Amphibious Brigade in Norfolk, VA and deployed to Northern Europe for a NATO Exercise. Upon his return he was assigned to 1st Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment where he served as the Battalion Intelligence Officer. After completion of a six month deployment to the Mediterranean Sea, then First Lieutenant Puckett assumed command of the 4th Counterintelligence Team. In 1981 he was selected for the Funded Law Education Program for three years to earn a law degree at Indiana University, where he was promoted to Captain in March 1982.

Completing the Naval Justice School in 1984, Captain Puckett served as a military defense counsel, chief prosecutor and Deputy Staff Judge Advocate at Camp Pendleton, California. While serving as a prosecutor, he was selected to join the National Security Task Force as a member of a trial team prosecuting Marine Security Guard cases arising from allegations of espionage at the U.S. Embassies in Moscow and Vienna. In 1988, he was selected for the Special Education Program to earn a post graduate law degree in Criminal Law.

Promoted to Major and transferred to Okinawa, Japan in July 1989, he served as a military trial judge. He was President of the Okinawa Bench and Bar Association, composed of American and Japanese judges. In 1992, he was selected to attend the College of Naval Command and Staff at the U.S. Naval War College in Newport, RI. Major Puckett returned to the bench as a military trial judge at the 29 Palms, in July 1993. He was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel in February 1995.

Lieutenant Colonel Puckett’s last tour on active duty was as the Officer in Charge of the Legal Service Support Section (LSSS) of the Third Force Service Support Group on Okinawa, Japan. The LSSS provides military justice, review, legal assistance and administrative military law services to Marine units throughout Japan. During that tour, he also defended a military capital murder case.

Mr. Puckett retired from the Marine Corps on April 1, 1997. He was twice awarded both the Meritorious Service and Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medals. Immediately upon his retirement from the Marine Corps, he served a year as an Assistant Federal Public Defender in Pensacola, Florida. He has been an Adjunct Professor of Law at Creighton University School of Law, and has taught numerous trial advocacy courses, as well as college and graduate courses in political science, government, sociology, criminal justice and the legal process. He is admitted to practice in the State of Indiana, the Commonwealth of Virginia, the Eastern District of Virginia and the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces. He also currently chairs the Board of Governors of the Military Law Section, Virginia State Bar. Mr. Puckett is married to retired U.S. Air Force Colonel Marcelyn Atwood. He has a son, Sean, a graduate of the University of San Diego, who is married to the former Catherine Tyberg. They have a son, Connor. Both are bank vice presidents in San Diego. He also has a daughter, Jocelyn, a graduate of Indiana University, who resides with her husband, Major Christopher Kean, USAF, in Omaha, NE. Major and Mrs. Kean have three children, Harper, Violet and Iris.

1-888-970-0005

I will be communicating with Mr. Puckett directly and will advise on status when appropriate.

Irish
11-25-09, 12:06

Thanks.

Joe Mamma

Gutshot John outlined it pretty well but to simplify it. Captain's Mast, not sure of AM but assume it's the same, is where you stand tall in front of your CO and he decides if your guilty and what the punishment should be i.e. restriction to ship/barracks, reduction in paygrade, loss of 1/2 your pay, etc. A higher ranking person writes a negative report that is sent up the chain of command and the CO is judge, jury and executioner basically.

The SEALs opted to go to Court Marshall where they will be represented by attorneys and there will be a panel of jurors and a judge similar to a civilian court.

Dave Berryhill
11-25-09, 13:05
This pisses me off too but instead of bitching to each other, why don't we all start bitching to our leaders. Email or call your Senator, Congressperson, the White House and anyone else whose career may depend upon the public's opinion.

Is there any particular person or office in the military that would be worth email bombing with angry letters?

SeriousStudent
11-25-09, 14:18
HOPLOETHOS,

Thanks very much for the information regarding the legal defense of the three sailors. Please keep us advised on how we can donate to their legal defense fund. I'm in for some coin.

Sadly, it's not the first time I will have sent a check in the last five years. :(

civilian
11-25-09, 17:39
Good info there Hop. I was wondering if there was a way to make a donation. Incidentally, this was on the front page of cnn.com today.

aggopian
11-25-09, 18:17
HOPLOETHOS,

Thanks very much for the information regarding the legal defense of the three sailors. Please keep us advised on how we can donate to their legal defense fund. I'm in for some coin.

Sadly, it's not the first time I will have sent a check in the last five years. :(

+1 on that

maximus83
11-25-09, 19:25

You are right. It's over. We have a load of pusillanimous imbeciles who do not have the courage or the will to win a war. Unbelievable, how cowardice and blind political naivete can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Cascades236
11-25-09, 19:47
This is exactly what Luttrell ranted about in his book Lone Survivor. Bunch of fanatic liberals that will hang an American warrior out to dry for doing his god damn job. Pussification of America....in a WAR zone.

I'm shaking pissed at this whole thing. We train these men to be absolute killing machines so that they can bring justice to those that would murder us, burn our corpses and then put them up for public display. They brought this monster to justice and we're going to prosecute them over a bloody lip? Next time just kill the mother ****er.

Shame on anyone involved in this prosecution.

CarlosDJackal
11-25-09, 21:04
It doesn't matter to you, but it matters to the powers that be. It's the difference between the SEALs continuing to serve versus going to prison. The SEALs' position is he was fine when they left him, while the "official" word is that he has been abused. The court-martial is going to need an explanation that conforms the two positions.

As for taking no prisoners, if there is a sudden uptick in the the number of kills versus prisoners, you can expect an investigation to flow from that as well. We're in an age where lethal force needs to be justified under ever-tightening ROEs. How much longer before using weapons with the potential for significant collateral damage (grenade launchers, full auto, harsh language, etc) needs to be approved by a staff officer or JAG?

I think you missed the message I was trying to convey. But that's okay.

I hope these Warriors get acquited regardless.

TXGUNNER308
11-25-09, 23:53
What is this country coming too! All this because someone got punched....give me a break! What about the 4 Blackwater guards that got killed and drug through the streets? These SEALS did their job!

HD1911
11-26-09, 03:46
Evil in the world is winning.

Jimbo45
11-26-09, 04:13
This is exactly what Luttrell ranted about in his book Lone Survivor. Bunch of fanatic liberals that will hang an American warrior out to dry for doing his god damn job. Pussification of America....in a WAR zone.

I'm shaking pissed at this whole thing. We train these men to be absolute killing machines so that they can bring justice to those that would murder us, burn our corpses and then put them up for public display. They brought this monster to justice and we're going to prosecute them over a bloody lip? Next time just kill the mother ****er.

Shame on anyone involved in this prosecution.
This.

Evil in the world is winning.

...and this.

Wow, people. This crap has got to stop. Political correctness needs limits, and the bleeding heart folks have got to grow a brain.

People, what is it going to take, to make folks realize, that this country was FOUNDED on the constitution, and GOD. God believes in an eye for an eye, and I imagine that He is OK with a terrorist getting a bloody lip! War is war, and it is brutal.

All these PC libs will ruin this country, just wait and see. They already have a good start. God help these poor SEALS that were doing their job, and God help this misguided country. This has me LIVID!!!!!!!!!!

Iraq Ninja
11-26-09, 07:25
I don't understand all this "Obama and the Libs" talk in regard to THIS case.

I think it is time for everyone to loosen up your tin foil chest rigs and let the oxygen return to your brain so you can understand the situation.

We really don't know the details of this case.

We are now guests of the Iraqis in their country. We follow their laws. A complaint was made from the prisoner and the Iraqis passed it on to the Navy. The Navy offered a Captain's Mast and it was refused. The sailors want a proper courts martial for this and they are getting it.

It is not the libs or Obama who are in anyway involved in this. It is Big Navy up to this point. There is a legal system in place in the military and they are going by the book right now.

Personally, I am more concerned about how this was allowed to get past the Team/Unit level and into the abyss of the regular Navy.

There are probably a few high ranking career Navy Officers who are now pissed that this became public, and will go out of their way to shit on these sailors. Our military is full of people who have no business being called a Warrior.

Honu
11-26-09, 11:30
It is not the libs or Obama who are in anyway involved in this. It is Big Navy up to this point. There is a legal system in place in the military and they are going by the book right now.

I have heard the high ups are mostly political anymore and are more concerned about getting ahead in ranks and pay than they are about other things ? not all but some
(am I wrong or maybe or YUP ?)

and if depending on a yes no or maybe answer to the above
I can see they are politicians in the making maybe that are trying to do this and as you said willing to throw them under the bus so to speak ?

or am I totally off base ?

I would think that their are those in the military who could have stopped this at a lower level and told them its taken care of and moved on ?

I am a civilian but have a few buddies who are in their late 40s life long career who kinda have lead me to believe that some of higher ups in the military are not always looking out for those below but looking out for their own path ?

on a side note ? I always find it ironic we can have a war and rules on how we kill the enemy but now a bloody lip is going to cause all this !!!
my 5 year old got a bloody cut above her eye from a lego !!!

its getting very very strange for sure

murphy j
11-26-09, 11:38
I have heard the high ups are mostly political anymore and are more concerned about getting ahead in ranks and pay than they are about other things ? and again not all but quite a few are

and if depending if this is true I guess I can see they are politicians in the making maybe that are trying to do this and as you said willing to throw them under the bus so to speak ?

Your not off base. The Generals and Admirals of today are not like the ones from our fathers and grandfathers time. The officer corps is rife with politics all the way down to the lowest level and it's rare to find a field grade officer who hasn't suppressed all his warrior instincts in favor of politics. The field grade officer that has managed to hone his political acumen and maintain his warrior instincts is a rare bird indeed.

VooDoo6Actual
11-26-09, 11:53
New proposed "HFR" by Administration for Enemy Combatants of WAR

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/HurtFeelingsReport.jpg

politicaldookie
11-26-09, 12:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_NwvO1UxN8

Abraxas
11-26-09, 12:51
New proposed "HFR" by Administration for Enemy Combatants of WAR

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/HurtFeelingsReport.jpg

That's great!

Belmont31R
11-26-09, 13:10
I have heard the high ups are mostly political anymore and are more concerned about getting ahead in ranks and pay than they are about other things ? not all but some

and if depending on a yes no or maybe answer to the above
I can see they are politicians in the making maybe that are trying to do this and as you said willing to throw them under the bus so to speak ?

I would think that their are those in the military who could have stopped this at a lower level and told them its taken care of and moved on ?

I am a civilian but have a few buddies who are in their late 40s life long career who kinda have lead me to believe that some of higher ups in the military are not always looking out for those below but looking out for their own path ?

on a side note ? I always find it ironic we can have a war and rules on how we kill the enemy but now a bloody lip is going to cause all this !!!
my 5 year old got a bloody cut above her eye from a lego !!!

its getting very very strange for sure

The officer ranks are extremely political, about looking good on reports, and who you know.

I had a mustang LT who was our PL. He really looked out for us, and kept us from doing dumb shit as best as he could. Our COC didn't like that, and mid deployment he was transferred to another unit. In return we got this weasley little butter bar who got rolled over and flattened. He voluntered us for stupid shit constantly, and didn't really care about our welfare. He just wanted to impress his new superiors and get a good OER. OER's are how officers move up in the ranks, and a bad one can ruin a persons career. It gets worse the higher up you go. On my first deployment our BN Lt Col wanted to make a name for himself so he had us, a signal unit, doing 'unofficial' QRF missions, and my unit actually averaged more convoys than our combat arms BN's. The CG of our division put a stop to that, and we were only allowed out under certain conditions.

Unfortunately its just the way the mil operates. People want to advance up in rank. There is nothing wrong with that but with how people advance up in rank its easy to use the people under you as your stepping stone without actually taking their welfare into account. Superiors also do not like negative attention, and in this case I am sure they have pissed some people off not taking the 'mast'.

What concerns me is the charges were brought up because the Iraqi's said this guy got a bloody lip. Is our mil really charging our guys with crimes based off what the Iraqis said happened? This is what happens when no one has a spine, and wants to look good. A good COC would have 'investigated' the matter, said the claims were unfounded, and let their guys move on. But someone in the line here didn't have the spine to do that.

MAUSER202
11-26-09, 13:43
WTF! I didnt think we could get any stupider as a nation.We might as well as just put berkas on our woman and just join the towel headed ****s. We are doing more harm to our selves that they are.

cz7
11-26-09, 17:46
like 'nam too much p/c ,sorry this is WAR not warm fuzzy game !

loupav
11-26-09, 21:22
A terrorist who murdered and burnt people is crying over a punch in the lip??? That's just dumb.

The three men who brought him to justice are being put on trial for punching this man in the lip. That's ****ing insane. :mad:

VooDoo6Actual
12-03-09, 17:17
Here's what I received today verbatum.

Subject: SO2 McCabe Defense
Date: 12/3/2009 1:38:51 P.M. Pacific Standard Time
Reply To:
To: XXXXXXXX

Good Afternoon Mr. XXXXXXX, Thank you for bearing with us as I struggle to get a PayPal account set up correctly and hooked to our website. One of the several offers to set up a 3rd party defense fund for all three SEALs just notified me they've got it up and I'm doing the last bit of coordination before I post that information on the Firm's Website (www.puckettfaraj.com/blog). So, if you'll bear with me, I'll have that information to you hopefully by the end of the day today or more likely for the PayPal account, tomorrow.

In the meantime, the three SEALs are represented by 3 different law firms. If you want to donate directly to the Firms, here is the information:

SO2 McCabe is represented by the Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC. Mr. Puckett can be reached through his website (www.puckettfaraj.com), by Email neal@puckettfaraj.com or via phone 888-970-0005. If you wish to donate to SO2 McCabe, please send a check or money order made out to "The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC" and indicate on the check that it is "For SO2 McCabe" and mail it to 2181 Jamieson Ave, Suite 1505, Alexandria, VA 22314.

SO2 Keefe is represented by the Law Firm of Greg D. McCormack, PC. Mr. McCormack can be reached through his website (www.militarylawyers.org), Email at inquiry@mccormackpc.com or via phone 757-463-7224. Please contact Mr. McCormack directly to contribute to SO2 Keefe's defense.

SO1 Huertas is represented by Monica L. Lombardi, LLC. Ms. Lombardi can be reached through her website (www.militarytrial.com), Email at mlombardi@militarytrial.com or via phone 757-309-4764 (toll free 888-826-5529). If you wish to donate to SO1 Huertas, please send a check or money order made out to “Monica L. Lombardi, LLC”; annotate the memo section of the check with “For SO1 Huertas”; and mail it to the law firm at: 4445 Corporation Lane, Suite 250, Virginia Beach, VA 23462.

I hope this helps answer your question. I'm noting in my tracking sheet that I need to send you more information when I have it regarding a defense fund for all three of the SEALs. Have a great evening!
Respectfully,
Marcy
Marcelyn Atwood
Business Manager

The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC
2181 Jamieson Ave, Suite 1505
Alexandria, VA 22314

888-970-0005 ; marcy@puckettfaraj.com
Please View our Website: www.puckettfaraj.com

AND this email later:

Date: 12/3/2009 2:43:37 P.M. Pacific Standard Time
Reply To:
To:

Subject: Defense Fund for the Three SEALs

Mr. XXXXXXX, Here is the info for the first defense fund for all three SEALS that is up and running.
Respectfully,
Marcy

DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED WITHOUT ENDORSEMENT. THE LAW FIRM OF PUCKETT & FARAJ, PC DOES NOT CONTROL OR HAVE ANY PROFESSIONAL OR FINANCIAL AFFILIATION WITH ANY LEGAL DEFENSE FUND. LEGAL DEFENSE FUNDS OPERATE INDEPENDENTLY FROM THE LAW FIRM AND THE PARTNERS. PARTICIPANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO EXERCISE DUE DILIGENCE WHEN CHOOSING TO CONTRIBUTE TO A DEFENSE FUND.
Defense Funds for the Navy SEALs

Three US Navy SEALs, SO2 Matthew McCabe, SO2 Jonathan Keefe and SO1 Julio Huertas have been charged with detainee abuse. A separate Law Firm represents each one. The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC represent SO2 McCabe. Defense funds are being established to support all of the SEALs. Here is the first one available for contributions.

U.S. NAVY SEAL/WARRIOR DEFENSE FUND:

The U.S. Navy SEAL/Warrior Defense Fund is soliciting contributions to assist in defraying the legal costs and fees of the 3 Navy SEALs charged with assault of the mastermind of the 2004 torture, murder and mutilation of the US security guards in Fallujah.

Contributions can be sent to: U.S. Navy SEAL/Warrior Legal Defense FundAcct # 425020290711 c/o Bank of America, P.O. Box F, Fort Eustis, VA 23604

Donations can be made at any Bank of America simply by depositing funds using the Fund name (U.S. Navy SEAL/Warrior Legal Defense Fund) and providing the Account Number (#435020290711).

PLEASE NOTE: the fund is NOT a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization under the Internal Revenue Service and therefore contributions are NOT tax-deductible.

This Fund has been created, by a military family, to assist in the defense of Navy SEALs and other military operators charged with combat-related infractions of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. For more information, please contact: navysealdefense@gmail.com.

Marcelyn Atwood
Business Manager

The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC
2181 Jamieson Ave, Suite 1505
Alexandria, VA 22314

888-970-0005 ; marcy@puckettfaraj.com
Please View our Website: www.puckettfaraj.com
The information contained in this electronic message is confidential, and is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, copying of disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify Puckett & Faraj, P.C. at 888-970-0005 or via a return the e-mail to sender. You are required to purge this E-mail immediately without reading or making any copy or distribution.

If you want me to forward this info just PM me and w/ your email vector.

I will forward them to you.

They are precisely the same as what I posted however.

HTH....

Saginaw79
12-03-09, 19:17
Un freaking believable!!!

Navy SEALS generally KILL things, he survived and is griping about a fat lip he may have given himself? Hes lucky hes alive...:mad:

SeriousStudent
12-03-09, 19:24
Thanks for the info on the legal defense funds. There is a BofA down the street, I'll drop off some money tomorrow.

Mark71
12-05-09, 04:20
http://www.supporttheseals.com/

chadbag
12-24-09, 00:00
interesting commentary

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704304504574610660008372886.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Caeser25
12-24-09, 10:27
Yup, that's one smart radical Islamic SOB...beating the Westerners with their own moral principles.
This whole issue seems so double moral. I mean more than once US forces have been involved in operations where civilians were killed and there was little more than an apology-no one was court martialled, for Pete's sake.. Now don't misread this that I am trying to to knock US fighting men...not in the least.
I am shocked by the nerve this scumbag has.

It is a disgrace that these SEALs are being tried for causing a minor grievance like a bloody lip. I think that they should be promoted!
-Dave

It has been sop for them to complain about abuse, when I was over in 2004, every single "interview" (our unit provided security for the alphabet soup guys, FBI, CIA, MI, CID etc. from time to time during interviews) every single one said they were abused, if the detainee could provide a time, date, place and name, it went no further.