PDA

View Full Version : LPK's

RicHam
11-24-09, 18:31
Hello everybody, I'm new to the board, but would like to say how nice it is to have all this info at your finger tips. The you guys have put togther a really nice forum.

My question is, are there any suppliers out there with quality LPK'S in stock? I would like to stay with CMMG, LMT,STAG and so on.I'm working on my first build and from what I've been reading there are quality differences between manufacturers and DPMS is always at the bottom of the list, but they are the ones all suppliers seem to not be sold out of. I recently checked with CMMG directly and they said they were 90 days out from being able to fill orders.

Any suggestions?

CaptainDooley
11-24-09, 18:36
Grant's:

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=GRT-LPK&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3Dlower%20parts%20kit%26searchstart%3D9%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html

Look no further...

bullseye
11-24-09, 18:38
check with grant at G&R Tactical,, he has the good stuff and i beleive he is back in stock with LPKs. also Daniel Defense has starting selling those also,, good reviews.

bradb55
11-24-09, 18:39
+1

for G&R :)

benthughes
11-24-09, 21:26
I've used DPMS, Stag(CMT), Daniels Defense and a G&R tactical LPK so far.

I haven't built dozens of lowers but have built a few and kinda feel that for lowers......parts is parts. On my last 3 builds, 2 using Mega lowers and a S&W lower I've used aftermarket triggers, KNS pins,LMT ambi selectors and Norgon Ambi. mag releases. This being said alot of the more sensitive Lower parts are taken out of the equation.

The DPMS wasn't a crap LPK and I would say it'd work fine for most anything. Some parts had a seam that I sanded down a bit and the safety felt kind of cheap compared to a LMT ambi I ordered. For the price you can get a CMT or DD and get a better product IMO.

The Stag( CMT ) part kit was fine. I didn't notice any of the DPMS finish flaws and everything fit fine.

The Daniels Defense and G&R LPKs were very comparable in quality. The flexibility of the G&R LPK won me over. Great fit and finish with both. Magazine release buttons on both showed what appeared to be a little wear, no biggie. Daniels Defense trigger wasn't half bad for a LPK trigger, I actually put it in my S&W lower. All the parts fit well with no sanding/filing necessary.

C4IGrant
11-25-09, 08:51
Hello everybody, I'm new to the board, but would like to say how nice it is to have all this info at your finger tips. The you guys have put togther a really nice forum.

My question is, are there any suppliers out there with quality LPK'S in stock? I would like to stay with CMMG, LMT,STAG and so on.I'm working on my first build and from what I've been reading there are quality differences between manufacturers and DPMS is always at the bottom of the list, but they are the ones all suppliers seem to not be sold out of. I recently checked with CMMG directly and they said they were 90 days out from being able to fill orders.

Any suggestions?

LPK's all vary in quality from one manufacturer to another and can even vary from one manufacturer.

To my knowledge, you cannot buy LMT LPK's (as LMT does not offer them as a package). We do sell them, but only if you buy a stripped lower from us.

I don't have any experience with CMMG LPK's so I will not comment. Stag's are usually pretty good I think.

AVOID DPMS!

C4