PDA

View Full Version : First AR Now Ready to Go.

Semper Paratus
03-07-07, 16:55
:D Well folks my black rifle cherry has now been popped. I got home today and waiting for me was the the long brown box that has been hoped for for 3 weeks. Now the Details All assembled by Grant>>>>

Stag Arms Lower with Parts kit with A2 Butt Stock (Butt stock, receiver extension tube, buffer and spring Kindly donated by Chris914 (Thanks buddy)
LMT M4 Upper with T Marks
DD 1/7 4150 MP tested chrome lined barrel
Yankee Hills Machine Phantom FLash Hider
LMT Auto carrier group assembly
F marked FSB
Arms #40A2 BUIS
Standard M4 Carbine Hand Guards
Standard Charging Handle
2 Bravo Company 30 round mags

ALl of this first class rig is a few bucks less than I would have spent locally for a baseline DPMS M4 with a 1/9 4140 non MP non CL barrel and a Non MP BCG. Even if I had to buy a butt stock assembly the OTD price would be pretty close for a far better carbine.

I've got some ammo a few bucks left in my funny money drawer and a little discretionary CC spending I will gradually begin the upgrade process.

Bravo Zulu to Grant and G&R Tactical

Buckaroo
03-07-07, 17:56
How dare you post this w/o any photos!!!

ShipWreck
03-07-07, 18:19
How dare you post this w/o any photos!!!

Haha, yea, no kiddin'

Semper Paratus
03-07-07, 19:55
:rolleyes: I know I know....Shot some pictures with my daughter's digital but they did not work too well rifle underexposed and background (light) overexposed. WIll post some photos probably Friday when I plan to cut out early to exercise the new baby.

FlyAndFight
03-08-07, 15:17
Congrats on the new addition to the family! :D

And remember, there is no cure for BRD...*

*(Black Rifle Disease)

Semper Paratus
03-09-07, 19:34
Well Here are a couple of pictures. I got off work early and I got to fire about 30 rounds today and was struggling with the sight adjustment. Not a big deal I had other more important items going on like my 15.7 yo daughter decided to accompany me shooting today. She shot for the first time since she was around 8. She went through about 50 rounds of .22LR from my Ruger 77/22 with a 4X Leoupold scope and kept 48 of the 50 in the black of a Midway pistol target at 25 yards with no sand bags or rifle rest. By that time she was starting to get cold, temps were in the mid 40's with a breeze.

Needless to say all I really got through were some initial function tests and getting the sights adjusted to minute of card board at 50 yards. Function was fine although the first couple of rounds just sort of dribbled out of the rifle and onto the bench after that it pitched empties in a pretty nice pile at around 4 o'clock. With the Arms #40A2 BUIS I really need to get a front sight post adjuster. This combo is like the old A1 sights in that all elevation is controlled with the front sight post and windage is in the rear. I managed with the point of a bullet but it was not terribly convienent.

At this time I only have a couple of mags and being a conservative starter each mag was initially tested with 1 round loaded. With single rounds feeding was uneventful. After that a couple of rounds and likewise uneventful and finally a few passes with 5 rounds.

Spending time with my daughter shooting and then an Icecream cone afterwards, and not turning her off by spending too much time at the range was well worth the lack of progess on the rifle. To quote some appropriate Latin "Carpe Diem" which much to my chagrin I found out did not mean dead fish but sieze the day. I siezed a teachable moment and perhaps have refound an occassional range partner so it was a great day:D