PDA

View Full Version : So..did anyone get a 96 for the holiday?

threebanger
11-26-09, 09:06
As the title suggests - Did any1 hear about or get informed of the POTUS granting a 96?

cosmok
11-26-09, 10:40
Didn't hear about POTUS granting it but our CO did.

HeavyDuty
11-26-09, 11:10
Care to edumacate us non-service types what a 96 might be?

MeanRider
11-26-09, 11:50
96 hours of liberty. typically 4 days off for an active duty serviceman.

planedr
11-26-09, 12:26
Everywhere I've been thats the norm. We don't need no stinking permission!

gruntinhusaybah
11-26-09, 12:38
I'm curious why you think POTUS has ANY say in a 96? 72s are CO level, 96s BN so if your BC signs off on it, you get it

I'm currently sittin on duty, but we did get a 96 here

Belmont31R
11-26-09, 12:58
We always got "4 days" for Thanksgiving as long as we were in garrison. I didn't realize it wasn't mil standard....?

theblackknight
11-26-09, 13:28
Here on MCB Camp Lejeune,we have from 0800 yesterday till 1800 monday.

HeavyDuty
11-26-09, 13:51
96 hours of liberty. typically 4 days off for an active duty serviceman.

Aha! Thanks.

Enjoy the holiday, guys - and thanks for your service!

threebanger
11-26-09, 21:59
I'm curious why you think POTUS has ANY say in a 96? 72s are CO level, 96s BN so if your BC signs off on it, you get it

I'm currently sittin on duty, but we did get a 96 here

you are confusing liberty with special liberty & by the rules Black Friday is not 'special'. Which POTUS is actually the only one with the true authority to grant. Does that mean it can't happen? no. Unless your CO is a by the book individual & yes it has happened before.

"Liberty should normally be granted from the end of normal working hours on one day to
the commencement of working hours on the next working day. On weekends, this
regular liberty should normally be authorized to commence at the end of working hours
on Friday afternoon until commencement of normal working hours on the following
Monday morning. For members on shift work, equivalent schedules should be arranged,
though the days of the week may vary. Regular liberty periods shall not exceed three
days in length, except in the case of public holiday weekends and public holiday periods
specifically extended by the President." <--------POTUS

I'm just curious if it came from Obama himself or Commands are taking care of their people.

gruntinhusaybah
11-26-09, 22:25
I'm not confusing anything, liberty is at your units discretion, your CO signs off on it you have it, if he doesn't you don't.
It doesn't have to be an official holiday to get an extended weekend

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!

DragonDoc
11-26-09, 23:44
Our CG (Southern Medical Command) signed off on a four day for Thanksgiving back in October. Some off our soldiers that work in clinics will get a four day but the rest of us have to man the hospital. Someone has to stay and take care of the sick and wounded.