PDA

View Full Version : Is this acceptable, question about dealer service?

combatvet
03-07-07, 20:30
I ordered and paid for a lower receiver on Monday from a dealer (not from this site) that sells AR products. I called him today and he states " I can't find your order, please call back tomorrow".

My FFL was faxed on Monday, the item is supposedly in stock but he can't tell me why my order hasn't been processed because he is swamped.

Is this "the norm, the standard, what is to be expected"?

Do any dealers here actually have any lowers in stock? I'm looking for one that is in the sub $120.00 range?

Should I cancel my order or am I just being a tad anxious/obnoxious/idiotic about this?

I will not name names as of yet.

9DivDoc
03-07-07, 22:10
Truthfully (and I have had weapons that I returned for repair or for service
stolen outright from me...had permission to return merchandise and done so
and got no refund...have had money on account and had dealers refuse to honor
that...one guy I used to work with had me go to a foundry and give the owner my word that if he went ahead and cast the product for us he would be paid..as we had committments up front that would come through..they did...the boss kept the money and spent months dodging the folks he had me give my word too..the boss had 'promised' me a partnership in this deal if I came through...dumb of me huh..)

Won't even go into the X wife thing....and gun collections...:)

If you ordered on Mon today is only Wed...it is possible your dealer has misplaced
your info..

Try hanging on for a year or more...then get pissed...

Give some folks the chance to screw you and they are going to...others are honest
as the day as long and will come through if you give them the chance..they sometimes just need a little time...(on the other hand dont let too much time
go by as they get bolder the longer they keep you at bay)

Personally I'd wait a couple days before I got too exited about this..

Give him a couple days then if he doesnt come through..pull the plug

IMO

usmcgrunt
03-08-07, 00:04
A buddy of mine has quite a bit of sub $120 lowers in stock! He isnt local but he is close! What you looking for? Shoot me a PM!

Grunt Out!

DKircher
03-08-07, 00:12
I ordered and paid for a lower receiver on Monday from a dealer (not from this site) that sells AR products. I called him today and he states " I can't find your order, please call back tomorrow".

My FFL was faxed on Monday, the item is supposedly in stock but he can't tell me why my order hasn't been processed because he is swamped.

Is this "the norm, the standard, what is to be expected"?

Do any dealers here actually have any lowers in stock? I'm looking for one that is in the sub $120.00 range?

Should I cancel my order or am I just being a tad anxious/obnoxious/idiotic about this?

I will not name names as of yet.

I don't know if you get on ARFCOM much anymore combatvet, but a guy on the EE was selling Double Star lowers for 99$, hes got a ton of them, and hes gotten really positive feedback. Double star lowers are supposed to be a pretty well kept secret, and I'm a big fan of their smallish roll mark.

If it makes you feel any better, I ordered a lower from Ameetec in the middle of January and it hasn't shipped yet. :(