PDA

View Full Version : Stag 15L port cover

sdf1
03-07-07, 21:46
I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to remove the door without removing the barrel nut on a Stag LH upper.My 6.8 build has a YHM 4-rail and I like a ______ damaged the spring and now can't remove the pin to replace it and really don't want to dissassemble it again.

Robb Jensen
03-08-07, 03:51
Pop the C clip off the rod and pull the rod backward out of the front hole of the dust door assy. Then carefully slide the pin all the way back. It's actually very easy. Don't loose the C clip.

There's a diagram here (http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/schematics/schemmfg.aspx?schemid=810&m=3&mn=Colt%c2%ae&model=AR-15+Upper+Receiver+All+Models), number 6 is the C clip.

sdf1
03-08-07, 22:14
Here's the glory,that works for a righty but the left handed gun doesn't assemble the same way and no c clip.the hole for the pin is drilled into the brass deflector.thanks

az_gun_nut
03-28-07, 10:57
Here's the glory,that works for a righty but the left handed gun doesn't assemble the same way and no c clip.the hole for the pin is drilled into the brass deflector.thanks

Same thing with the Armalite AR10's, it only comes off one way, no C clip.

Robb Jensen
03-28-07, 11:01
Sounds like you may have to pull the barrel to remove the dust door.

sdf1
03-29-07, 21:45
I solved my problem by fabricating my own pin which is two pieces and locks when pushed together.All I have to do know is slide it out to its seperation,split it and push the longer section which is shorter than the door back in and off she comes.