PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up for KAC TRIPLE TAP!

Ak44
11-28-09, 16:01
KAC Triple Tap in stock @ Operationparts.com

GLOCKMASTER
11-28-09, 16:20
KAC Triple Tap in stock @ Operationparts.com

I would really like to have one but that is a lot of money for me to spend on a muzzle break.

Ak44
11-28-09, 16:26
You and me both lol. I figure I would just pass on the news though for those who are in search of one.

Belmont31R
11-28-09, 16:36
Says they are the blackened ones, too. I wish mine was black as Im not too big of a fan of the "in the white" look mine has. Maybe sell that one and get a black one?

SWATcop556
11-28-09, 16:39
I would love to try one but I highly doubt my shooting skills are at the level where the difference in speed and group size would be affected by a muzzle brake. I have some work to do on the shooter side before I need to spend $450 on a muzzle brake.

I'd rather spend the money on a class and some ammo. I've been getting the job done with the ol' A2 birdcage for quite some time. If I had the disposable income the I would sure like to try one out though.

SWATcop556
11-28-09, 16:40
Says they are the blackened ones, too. I wish mine was black as Im not too big of a fan of the "in the white" look mine has. Maybe sell that one and get a black one?

AKA: Used :D

If you're giving a hell of a deal on the used one then send me a PM.

bkb0000
11-28-09, 16:51
I would love to try one but I highly doubt my shooting skills are at the level where the difference in speed and group size would be affected by a muzzle brake. I have some work to do on the shooter side before I need to spend $450 on a muzzle brake.

I'd rather spend the money on a class and some ammo. I've been getting the job done with the ol' A2 birdcage for quite some time. If I had the disposable income the I would sure like to try one out though.

i've only put a magazine or two through one, but it was pretty ****in remarkable- and i'm no grand master. i'm actually sort of obsessed with getting one now- and i'm NOT the kind of guy to pay insane prices for fancy shit. i still use QRPs and make my own slings.

if you can put a mag through somebody else's, you'll probably be really surprised.

Belmont31R
11-28-09, 17:02
i've only put a magazine or two through one, but it was pretty ****in remarkable- and i'm no grand master. i'm actually sort of obsessed with getting one now- and i'm NOT the kind of guy to pay insane prices for fancy shit. i still use QRPs and make my own slings.

if you can put a mag through somebody else's, you'll probably be really surprised.

Ive put about 3k through mine.

They are average as a brake. The main benefit I see is that you dont get the extreme blast most brakes put out. For instance I tried the Surefire brake, and after 200rds I had a terrible headache and was slightly disoriented. Rattled me up pretty good. I can barely tell the difference between the TP and the A2 as far as noise. It gets a bit louder on a short-sbr but they are loud anyways. I just put mine on my SR15 and its quite pleasant. Dot moves a little less than a foot between shots out to 40-50 yards. Shooting off the bench recoil is like a 22 magnum.

Its probably only worth the cost if you do a lot of shooting doing drills or competition type stuff where speed counts. For just a plinker/beater AR the A2 works fine. Besides we pay hundreds at times just for a light we will rarely use and hundreds for iron sights most people only shoot with to zero them...400 for the best fighting gun brake on the market seems like a bargain when it actually gets used constantly...

Ak44
11-28-09, 17:17
Besides we pay hundreds at times just for a light we will rarely use and hundreds for iron sights most people only shoot with to zero them...400 for the best fighting gun brake on the market seems like a bargain when it actually gets used constantly...

Excellent Point :D

bkb0000
11-28-09, 17:18
Ive put about 3k through mine.

They are average as a brake.

quite possible- i have zero experience with brakes. but the kriple isn't a "brake," it's a compensator (if we're arguing under the agreement that there's a difference, and the difference is that "compensators" combat muzzle rise while "brakes" fight recoil).. and it's a marked improvement over any other comp on the market.

400 for the best fighting gun brake on the market seems like a bargain when it actually gets used constantly...

well put- enough to make me go place an order, in fact.

Ak44
11-28-09, 17:21
It was 13 in stock when I got the email notification now it's down to 8 so there are some people who are digging the TT Brake. I wish I had a rifle to put it on...

Belmont31R
11-28-09, 17:35
It was 13 in stock when I got the email notification now it's down to 8 so there are some people who are digging the TT Brake. I wish I had a rifle to put it on...

7 now....;)

Stickman
11-28-09, 17:44

Rip it off and have it abrasive blasted.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/KAC/IMG_1032-1024-Stick.jpg

Bantee
11-28-09, 18:12
5 left, just ordered mine.Thanks for the heads up! Been waiting forever for one of these.

kwrangln
11-28-09, 18:14
quite possible- i have zero experience with brakes. but the kriple isn't a "brake," it's a compensator (if we're arguing under the agreement that there's a difference, and the difference is that "compensators" combat muzzle rise while "brakes" fight recoil).. and it's a marked improvement over any other comp on the market.

well put- enough to make me go place an order, in fact.

Compensator and brake can be used interchangably, same thing.

Is it the best brake on the market? Somehow I doubt it. The 3 gun crowd will buy into something that will shave .001 second off their time in a heart beat, and from what I've seen on the 3 gun boards, there are only a few buying into the TT hype. More than one review has compared it's performance to that of the PWS FSC556 comp/FH. Is it the best brake on the market that will mount a silencer? Sure. If your final goal is to have the muzzle stay in one place without a silencer, then a dedicated, no holds barred comp/brake would probably serve you better. Just wear good hearing protection.

The AR world is kinda fickle, bling parts and one upmanship are the norm. If Chris Costa uses it, it has to be good, and it's the next must have item out there on the market.

Just my opinion, string me up if you must.

SWATcop556
11-28-09, 18:14
Rip it off and have it abrasive blasted.

Or he can sell it to me and get the factory black one. :D

I haven't found anyone local that has one to shoot, but I have heard great things from trusted people so I have no doubt that it is worth the $$$. I'm just not sure I can throw that down just yet.

Belmont31R
11-28-09, 18:28
Compensator and brake can be used interchangably, same thing.

Is it the best brake on the market? Somehow I doubt it. The 3 gun crowd will buy into something that will shave .001 second off their time in a heart beat, and from what I've seen on the 3 gun boards, there are only a few buying into the TT hype. More than one review has compared it's performance to that of the PWS FSC556 comp/FH. Is it the best brake on the market that will mount a silencer? Sure. If your final goal is to have the muzzle stay in one place without a silencer, then a dedicated, no holds barred comp/brake would probably serve you better. Just wear good hearing protection.

The AR world is kinda fickle, bling parts and one upmanship are the norm. If Chris Costa uses it, it has to be good, and it's the next must have item out there on the market.

Just my opinion, string me up if you must.

Well like I said its probably the best brake/comp for a fighting gun. I would not put a Surefire brake on a fighting gun... One of the attributes of the TP is that you can fire it next to people, and not give them concussions. Is it the best at reducing muzzle climb? No....but those are items that piss off people 5 lanes on either side of you, and not fit for "duty" use. I can shoot as much as I want to with the TP with just foam ear plugs, and it doesnt bother me in the least. Its only slightly louder on my SR15 as an A2. I sold my Surefire brake after one range session that got cut short because I walked away with a headache and rattled. Even people down the line said it was extremely loud and wanted to know what I was shooting.

SWATcop556
11-28-09, 18:32
Well like I said its probably the best brake/comp for a fighting gun. I would not put a Surefire brake on a fighting gun... One of the attributes of the TP is that you can fire it next to people, and not give them concussions. Is it the best at reducing muzzle climb? No....but those are items that piss off people 5 lanes on either side of you, and not fit for "duty" use. I can shoot as much as I want to with the TP with just foam ear plugs, and it doesnt bother me in the least. Its only slightly louder on my SR15 as an A2. I sold my Surefire brake after one range session that got cut short because I walked away with a headache and rattled. Even people down the line said it was extremely loud and wanted to know what I was shooting.

Sounds ike my experiences with the SF brake as well. A guy on our team put one on his RRA and after shooting some drills under a covered outdoor range I felt like my head was going to pop. I was just running the SF earplugs for earpro and my head was killing me. Even after throwing on some ComTacs I still was feeling the pain shooting next to him.

However it is affective at doing what its designed to do. I like shooting the SF brake but I hate someone else doing the same. :cool:

IrishDevil
11-28-09, 18:38
I had the chance to try the TT out on a friend's rifle recently. It was effective and seemed to be on par with the FSC556. Didn't get a chance to do any lowlight shooting, so no comment there. I have done a fair amount of night matches with the FSC556 and it has worked as advertised in regards to flash suppression. The FSC seemed to be louder.

However, I can purchase (4.5) FSC556's for what the TT cost.

taliv
11-28-09, 19:07
i just bought my 2nd earlier today (from operation parts when i got their email).
My first is on an SR-15 and I absolutely love it. This second one is going on a 11" machine gun. I can't wait to see how well it does in full-auto

Titleist
11-28-09, 19:07
i've only put a magazine or two through one, but it was pretty ****in remarkable- and i'm no grand master.

Whoever let you try it must be an awesome dude.

SWATcop556
11-28-09, 19:11
Whoever let you try it must be an awesome dude.

Was that a shameless plug there? :D