PDA

View Full Version : Surprise engagement gift from my fiancee, G17!

ROCKET20_GINSU
11-28-09, 23:29
I just recently asked my long time GF to marry me and she said yes. It was a beautiful day in Red Rock Canyon, NV and WOW what a terrific day. Anyhow I gave her this:

Then several days later she gave me these! I was completely surprised and had no idea that she had bought me an engagement gift. This was her first gun purchase btw!

Citizen chrono and Glock 17! The GLOCK of GLOCKS IMO! What a girl, she is most definitely a keeper :D

Here is a picture with my new G17 and the rest of the 9mm Glock Collection. G34 (Prod / SSP gun, Vanek trigger, trugrip, vanek trigger, warren fiber optic sights), G17 (stock), G19 (Heinie Straight eights, smooth trigger), G26 (CT laser):

Now I own all of the conventional 9mm glocks, and what I consider the Glock of Glocks the G17. I've added a butt plug and intend to install some sevigny-warren carry sights once I get a chance, then it'll be "perfect" lol. My logistical challenges (holsters, ammo, mags, etc...) have been largely simplified by committing to one platform. And my shooting has improved as well! My fiancee is awesome and I am a lucky lucky guy :D

GU

koji
11-28-09, 23:48
Well done! Yeah, that's a winner. My wife got me a G19 for my last birthday. Needless to say we've been together for 13 years...

KS Trekker
11-29-09, 08:31
Wow, very nice. I'd say she's a keeper! ;)

Kentucky Cop
11-29-09, 09:08
Congrats Rocket 20! Sounds like an awesome start to a new life. PS- I wish my wife thought like this. :D Anyways, is it me or the pictures cant be viewed. They are just questions marks on my screen. Hmmm....

Ky Cop

tuff
11-29-09, 09:27
SWEET!!! Congrats on the engagement and the new weapon...

lil'Zeus
11-29-09, 10:25
That is great! Congrats...sounds like if you continue to take good care of her she will certainly return the favor...

Irish
11-29-09, 12:06
Congratulations! I asked my wife to marry me at Red Rock as well, sunsets there are amazing ;)

cschwanz
11-29-09, 12:24
i may show this thread to my gf of 4 yrs before asking her to marry me when the day comes...lol

Good woman you have there and a nice lil collection as well.

warpigM-4
11-29-09, 12:26
nice ,you found a good one :D congrats:)

WGG
11-29-09, 13:55
Rocket

Congratulations. Your fianceé knows what you like and is definitely a keeper.

Does she have any sisters?

ROCKET20_GINSU
11-29-09, 14:30
Thanks for all the warm wishes gentlemen, we are both extremely happy and enjoying the change. We actually just had thanksgiving in buffalo, NY with here extended family 70+ pax and it was a terrific event. Nothing more important than family and I'm very lucky that my in-laws like me lol.

Congrats Rocket 20! Sounds like an awesome start to a new life. PS- I wish my wife thought like this. :D Anyways, is it me or the pictures cant be viewed. They are just questions marks on my screen. Hmmm....

Ky Cop

Can everyone else see the pictures? if not please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Congratulations! I asked my wife to marry me at Red Rock as well, sunsets there are amazing

Yes they are! we did it three weeks ago on a sat afternoon and hiked up turtle head peak, it's the exit about 5 miles into the loop. The sunset there was breathtaking that evening. After I took her to Marche Baccus, if you're ever in the mood for a really nice and romantic french restaurant right on a man made lake in summerlin to take your wife check it out, its not cheap but it is one of our favorite spots for such occasions. Then we checked out zumanity at the NY, NY and stayed at the mandalay bay. Terrific night ;)

i may show this thread to my gf of 4 yrs before asking her to marry me when the day comes...lol

Thanks! you should, nothing wrong with a little subtle suggestion right? LOL :D

Congratulations. Your fianceé knows what you like and is definitely a keeper. Does she have any sisters?

Unfortunately she doesn't but I can offer a little solace...When we met 4 1/2 years ago she was a bleeding heart liberal in college who almost dumped me because I liked guns, alot has changed in that time and now she is completely fine with it and even competes in USPSA and IDPA with me (she's awesome too!) so there's always hope lol.

GU

Gombey
11-29-09, 14:59
Congrats mate!!

HK45
11-29-09, 16:34
Very nice.

You can't go wrong with a Glock 17.

The Dumb Gun Collector
11-29-09, 18:48
Keeper!

SWATcop556
11-30-09, 04:01
She's a keeper!!! Sounds like the fiancé is a winner too. :D

My wife bought me a G19 for our last anniversay. They're both keepers too. :cool:

theblackknight
11-30-09, 15:20

a link majically popped up on my GF facebook just now

SWATcop556
11-30-09, 23:59

Gun-whoring with technologies finest. :D

But hey, if it takes a face book link then it takes a facebook link. Good luck.

I just used post-it notes in gun magazines and emails with links to hopeful purchases.

Of course my wife did block me from sending her emails anymore. I got labled a SPAM. :D

Longhorn
12-01-09, 12:58

Mine too!

Then I got a link to this
http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/j/86/j140286.001?wid=535&hei=472&op_sharpen=1

Gotta love a girl with a sense of humor :D

xray 99
12-01-09, 14:17
I just hope you were not dialoging with her........

ROCKET20_GINSU
12-01-09, 17:20

I just used post-it notes in gun magazines and emails with links to hopeful purchases.

Of course my wife did block me from sending her emails anymore. I got labled a SPAM. :D

I may have to borrow that technique for later...post marriage =)

panzerr
12-01-09, 18:21
That is freaking cool! It's not often I hear about girls buying a guy an engagement gift.

theblackknight
12-01-09, 19:29

Hey it worked in a roundable kinda way. She said she signed up on this forum!"just soo I can learn stuff". YES -pumps fist-

In her defense I told her and my mom to "join forces" for me on chrismas this year.Ill deploy next year and need some oakley si gloves and a tangodown verty grip.

SWATcop556
12-03-09, 02:04
Hey it worked in a roundable kinda way. She said she signed up on this forum!"just soo I can learn stuff". YES -pumps fist-

In her defense I told her and my mom to "join forces" for me on chrismas this year.Ill deploy next year and need some oakley si gloves and a tangodown verty grip.

Very nice. I'm just now getting my wife into shooting, slowly but surely.

When do you deploy?

ROCKET20_GINSU
12-03-09, 02:24

You too are lucky! I'm sure your gifts in the future during the holidays will be even better :D

Make sure you check out the actual Oakley Standard Issue site. You can get eye pro, boots and I think gloves at a heavy discount for Service Members. Takes a while to ship sometimes so order early.

I also highly recommend the QD version of the tangodown VFG.

Stay safe,
GU

Anjin-san
12-03-09, 12:13
Congrats!!! She's definitely a keeper! Does she go shooting with you? My wife does and she's pretty darn good too!

ROCKET20_GINSU
12-03-09, 14:35
Congrats!!! She's definitely a keeper! Does she go shooting with you? My wife does and she's pretty darn good too!

Thanks! She does indeed, usually once every other week or so. She competes in USPSA and IDPA with me w/ a Beretta 92fs (M9), thats the only gun I let her shoot as she is Active Duty USAF lol, and she is very good! The one classifier she has shot in USPSA was in the 40% ish so thats pretty good considering she is relatively new to shooting. We also dry fire together at home from time to time! Shooting is exponentially more fun for me when she's around.

GU