PDA

View Full Version : Advice sought by FNG

ret_devildog
11-29-09, 09:43
New guy here saying hello and looking for some pointers. I'm sure youve had the same type of posts before. I just received a stripped Roggio Arsenal lower as a gift and am wanting to build a nice M4 with it. Ive never built one before so I'm not sure what are the best LPK's and stocks to chose from. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Jdrimm
11-29-09, 10:08
Grant at G&R Tactical http://www.gandrtactical.com has his LPK back in stock. I have bought several things from him, always been very happy. Of course, Grant posts here pretty much 24/7, so I'm sure he'll chime in.

As far as stocks go, get a milspec buffer tube/receiver extension, and you can pick whatever is most comfortable for YOU. I shoot issue M4 and Magpul MOE stocks, and am currently trying to talk myself out of a new Magpul ACS, but everyone is different.

ret_devildog
12-01-09, 14:15
Ok, so I'm pretty much sold on a Magpul ACS. Being a newbie i'm not sure what else i need with it, like a buffer etc.... I think its a milspec buffer tube and buffer and spring. If i missed something let me know please. and could someone poiont me in the right direction to get a nice one at? I appreciate it.

Belmont31R
12-01-09, 16:17
You can get complete Magpul stock kits (stock, buffer, spring, castle nut, and end plate), and LMT sells their SOPMOD in a kit too. Milspec is the way to go on extension size. Lots more options down the road. I would stay away from the junk brands like CAA as they come with cheaply made components, and are not much cheaper than getting quality kit the first time around.

I would also get an H buffer instead of the standard buffer.

Daniel Defense, Stag, and GR have good LPK's.

Then you just need some tools to install everything. You need a stock wrench (suggest the RRA wrench), roll pin punches, a small hammer, flat tip screw driver, and some tape to protect the lower. You also want something like a center punch to stake the castle nut down.

Assembling the lower is pretty easy. First time I did it took me about 45 minutes going slow. Now I can do it in about 15 minutes.

Jdrimm
12-01-09, 16:39

Jdrimm
12-01-09, 16:53
Ok, so I'm pretty much sold on a Magpul ACS. Being a newbie i'm not sure what else i need with it, like a buffer etc.... I think its a milspec buffer tube and buffer and spring. If i missed something let me know please. and could someone poiont me in the right direction to get a nice one at? I appreciate it.

You got it right, the ACS comes as just a stock. You will need a milspec buffer tube, receiver plate, a locknut, a buffer, and a buffer spring plus an LPK to complete the lower. Grant has it all, I don't work for him, but his selection and service are absolutly excellent! BCM is another great dealer.