PDA

View Full Version : Trust Questions

Jon G23
03-08-07, 19:28
I'm making my RLT with Willmaker and I wonder, has anyone made the name of their trust with their first and second initials plus last name? Like: JG Smith instead of Jonathan Gary Smith?

Or, J Smith instead of the longer version? It seems if you have a long first name (Like ummm Jonathan) it would not fit too good for engraving purposes!

ALSO....... Since I am making this, on the Form 4, do I put the Trust name as the Transforee (2A) AND the Transferor (3A)????

How about lines 10, 11 and 12???

And lastly (I HOPE) Line 15.... do I put my trust name in the certification area???

It's a bit confusing this first time around! Thanks for the help guys!!

Thanks!

chrismartin
03-08-07, 20:24
I'm making my RLT with Willmaker and I wonder, has anyone made the name of their trust with their first and second initials plus last name? Like: JG Smith instead of Jonathan Gary Smith?

Or, J Smith instead of the longer version? It seems if you have a long first name (Like ummm Jonathan) it would not fit too good for engraving purposes!

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

It doesn't have to be your name, you can use initials if you want. Mine is a "firearms trust" instead of having the work revocable in the title.
Also, when you get something NFA engraved, you can use "acceptable" abbreviations. Like your first initial, state abbrv. etc.

Chris

ashooter
03-08-07, 21:01
My understanding is that you can use your full name on the Trust Declaration and abbreviate your engraving like:

J G SMITH TRUST
ANYTOWN, MN

Robb Jensen
03-08-07, 21:42
My understanding is that you can use your full name on the Trust Declaration and abbreviate your engraving like:

J G SMITH TRUST
ANYTOWN, MN

That is correct. :D