PDA

View Full Version : Military Channel: Special Ops Mission

Animal_Mother556
11-29-09, 19:07
Anyone been watching this? I've seen a few of them and i'm not really impressed. These OPFOR guys they get seem kind of...I don't really know. They show them handling their rifles, and they don't appear like they know what they're doing (some of them). I often catch myself asking questions like "Why did he just come all the way out from behind cover to shoot?" Or, "Why did he use his fire-control hand to grab that mag? Or, "Why is his finger on the trigger?" It just doesn't seem like these Navy SEALS, Recon Marines, or Army Rangers should be doing these things. Is that just me?

M16MANIAC
11-29-09, 19:32
I agree some thing is not right. I have seen the SF OP guy will have different guns in different scenes, can't quite figure that one out. If it is recorded the way they say it is how does he end up with different guns during 1 mission.

OutlawDon
11-29-09, 19:38
I've watched all of them and I agree, almost seems a little staged and scripted. Sure, Wil's got a tough job with the amount of hours he puts in reconing, walking and hiking from spot to spot but the OPFOR guys operate like a director is telling them to go here or go there. I don't know, but just my take. Maybe because the good guy always win in the end, and that's not always real life.

On another note, the episode with the Pirate Ship...Jen X the blonde female ranger is HOT! I like I like!

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v22944/632/94/n1681613477_5095.jpg

Animal_Mother556
11-29-09, 19:42
Roger that, she's a cutie. I'd let her shoot me with sim rounds for a kiss.

M16MANIAC
11-29-09, 19:47
Yep, I'd hit it;)

CarlosDJackal
11-29-09, 21:15

I never thought that I'd be envious of a magazine!! :eek:

DacoRoman
11-29-09, 21:25
I've watched all of them and I agree, almost seems a little staged and scripted. Sure, Wil's got a tough job with the amount of hours he puts in reconing, walking and hiking from spot to spot but the OPFOR guys operate like a director is telling them to go here or go there. I don't know, but just my take. Maybe because the good guy always win in the end, and that's not always real life.

On another note, the episode with the Pirate Ship...Jen X the blonde female ranger is HOT! I like I like!

She looks like a force of nature alright (although I'm not really into the tramp stamps), but someone ought to teach her how to shoot a handgun properly :)

Belmont31R
11-29-09, 22:39
I watched the first 4-5 episodes but none since then.

I don't like shows that are "reality" but not. I either like REAL life action or just make it a good show like 24 that is entertaining. I tend to not like shows where its supposed to be real but is obviously scripted and fake.

The different guns in different scenes BS is because they go back and recreate scenes they need to make an episode.

parishioner
11-29-09, 23:00
Its a little cheesy when they say things like, "Now we need to change our Freq's." Then the narrator comes on and explains how "freqs" is how the real military men use this kind of lingo.

On the episode I'm referring to, one of the OPFOR guys goes missing for a while. Then only after one of their assets gets destroyed do they change the frequency of their radios.

The show is OK I guess. Not the best.

Bowser
11-29-09, 23:22
I just watched a few recently and one of the dudes was given a 20" A1 style AR15 for a CQB style environment lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAGSt_pYEcc

SkiDevil
11-30-09, 01:08
I've watched all of them and I agree, almost seems a little staged and scripted. I don't know, but just my take. Maybe because the good guy always win in the end, and that's not always real life.

I would have to agree. I believe that I have seen most of the shows as well. I don't plan on watching anymore. I found a public TV channel that was showing paint ball matches one Sunday afternoon that was a hell of a lot more entertaining than that show. But to each his own I suppose.

Maybe one of the members who is active SF will chime in and provide their take on it.

I personally think it is pretty lame.:o

SkiDevil

JenX
12-18-09, 14:00
Alright, which one of you stalkers took this picture from my facebook page???

Force of Nature aka JenX

SWATcop556
12-18-09, 14:42
I've found I really have no use for "reality" TV. I watch TV for entertainment. If I want reality, I go to work.

I've been losing interest in the military channel for a while now. Sounds like it was justified.

For cute girls with guns I might make an exception though.

Alex F
12-18-09, 15:42
I saw one episode recently where he lost.

I was kind of stunned for a moment as I thought he never lost...

They really burn through simunitions on that show, too. Wish I had that budget!

Alex V
12-18-09, 15:51
I was going to ask about this show, but figured I would get flamed for watching this BS.

I don't know much about the reality of it all. I am not Mil/SF/LEO... Im an Architect, but I also see some things that I can not reconsile on the show as well. Most have already been mentioned.

That said, I can put that out of mind and watch it if its on, seems interesting enough TV.

The better show idea would be; taking a non MIL/LEO, having them get "some training" and seeing how long they can stay alive against 4 or 5 OpFor. Not a mission like "Wiskey Wiskey" gets, but rather a survival scenerio. Behind enemy lines, with weapons, and a GPS, having to make it to a safe area or something, while the OpFor tracks you down lol. If you get to the safety area you win.

Would be interesting to see how many actualy make it, how many can "kill" any of the OpFor and so on.

I would sign up in a heart beat.

There have been a few missions where Will was unable to complete all objectives. And a few where he got "shot".

Indeed!

Force of Nature aka JenX

Will you marry me?

Please don't shoot!

:p

RogerinTPA
12-18-09, 16:33

Mmmm....They need to put her in more episodes. ;)

Irish
12-18-09, 16:45

Force of Nature aka JenX

OPSEC - We could tell you but then we'd have to kill you ;)

OutlawDon
12-18-09, 16:48

Force of Nature aka JenX

I did. Now marry me. ;)

Sorry, you are a cutie.

JenX
12-18-09, 19:02
I don't "do" married! Sorry guys. As far as the show goes it is exactly that a "show." Yeah it was promoted to be one thing and ended up being something else. All in all if you like sitting on the couch and being entertained then you either like it or you don't. If you like shooting and want to come play, well get off the couch and lets do this!

wes007
12-18-09, 20:42
I don't "do" married! Sorry guys. As far as the show goes it is exactly that a "show." Yeah it was promoted to be one thing and ended up being something else. All in all if you like sitting on the couch and being entertained then you either like it or you don't. If you like shooting and want to come play, well get off the couch and lets do this!

Im down to play.

I remember seeing the ship episode a while back.

Does simunition hurt as bad as they say it does?

Animal_Mother556
12-18-09, 20:47
It's a lot worse than a paintball, I'll tell ya that. I've always worn my vest when we train. The first time I just had on a t-shirt with a hoody over it. That was bad. Not just welts, but there were some full-blown skin breaks.

JenX, I gotta say...it would be hard to shoot you.

telecustom
12-18-09, 20:51
Im down to play.

YES....I had a guy get hit in the face/eye because he removed his mask. He had to hae stitches and almost lost his eye. Sims are a great tool if used with the proper respect for the safety required.

M4Fundi
12-18-09, 20:56
Something y'all need to take into account is its going to take more than one show/series for TV Producers to get it right. If you want good TV on Mil/LEO subjects then you need to watch & support the ones that are "trying" to do it right (even if they suck) to show the networks there IS AN AUDIENCE for these and that sponsors realize there IS AN AUDIENCE for these and that WE are a marketable demographic. It gives pro-2A power & a voice & makes us more main stream. You would be surprised how quickly MUCH of the HOLLYWOOD libtards are more greedy & whores to $ & will swing to our side if they can make a buck out of it. Most of them preach Blue & vote Red. We need to support these shows even if they don't get it completely right. IMHO

JenX
12-18-09, 22:24
Im down to play.

I didn't get shot...might have to ask Mr Willis

JenX
12-18-09, 22:41
It's a lot worse than a paintball, I'll tell ya that. I've always worn my vest when we train. The first time I just had on a t-shirt with a hoody over it. That was bad. Not just welts, but there were some full-blown skin breaks.

JenX, I gotta say...it would be hard to shoot you.

Aaaaw...well if you knew me in person it wouldnt be so hard!

Bowser
12-18-09, 22:43
I fixed the youtube link in my first post. Here it is again.

Outlander Systems
12-18-09, 23:06
The show is entertaining.

The amount of shit-talking by the OPFOR prior to the engagement is obnoxious.

At least they're all using LMT smokewagons.

JenX
12-18-09, 23:16
I fixed the youtube link in my first post. Here it is again.

Dont get me started on the youtube asshole comments!!! I'm allowed to say asshole right???

Bowser
12-19-09, 00:42
Dont get me started on the youtube asshole comments!!! I'm allowed to say asshole right???

Retards use the internet too. Don't worked up over it.

Spoon
12-19-09, 02:16
I rather watch shows like this than other junk shown on TV.

Iraqgunz
12-19-09, 02:17
I'm glad that I don't get the military channel at my current location. Probably would start gouging my eyes out.

Shadow1198
12-19-09, 02:58
I agree, the show is entertaining.

Jen, you are hot! :D

Animal_Mother556
12-19-09, 07:57
I really hope that the JenX posting in this thread is just some random M4Carbine member messing with us...and we are all calling him hot...awkwardville

GAST
12-19-09, 08:13
I think the show is good, fun entertainment. I know all the ex-military guys and gals on here know like 98% of movies on anything military get it wrong. I'd rather watch Special Ops 24/7 than American Idol once more!:D

JenX
12-19-09, 17:15
I really hope that the JenX posting in this thread is just some random M4Carbine member messing with us...and we are all calling him hot...awkwardville

That would be AWESOME!!! I always wanted to be a fat man sitting in my tighty whities pretending to be a chick on the internet!

Animal_Mother556
12-19-09, 18:04
That would be AWESOME!!! I always wanted to be a fat man sitting in my tighty whities pretending to be a chick on the internet!

Wwwwwwwwwwow

cevtv
12-19-09, 18:39

Is there any truth to the rumor that you may be getting your own show? ;)

RogerinTPA
12-19-09, 18:45

Dude, you completely killed my mental fantasy going on. Now you got me thinking it's a little internet geek pulling a prank. :(

JenX
12-19-09, 19:11
Dude, you completely killed my mental fantasy going on. Now you got me thinking it's a little internet geek pulling a prank. :(

I'm not an internet geek...dorks...ok so I am, but I'm not a fat man in tighty whities touching myself everytime you say Jen is hot.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae61/jenjitsuxiii/IMG05991-1.jpg

MarshallDodge
12-19-09, 19:16
Welcome aboard Jen!

JenX
12-19-09, 19:16
Is there any truth to the rumor that you may be getting your own show? ;)

Yes there is truth in it. I am on contract with the same production company Wil did his show with. Not sure it will actually go anywhere any time soon. Hollywood is a funny little town. Military channel want's me, but its just a matter of "what" they want me to do.

Bantee
12-19-09, 19:19
Pretty, and shoots! F@$% it! I'm glad I'm getting divorced. I'm gonna try and find one like her next go around. The next ex- Mrs. Bantee:D

JenX
12-19-09, 19:26
Welcome aboard Jen!

Thanks MarshallDodge. Still trying to figure my way around this site. So far everyone seems super rad!

CLHC
12-19-09, 19:30
Greetings and Welcome aboard the M4C! :cool:

Animal_Mother556
12-19-09, 19:34
Thanks, Jen. This site is a font of knowledge. The people here seem to be a lot less...abrasive...than some other firearm forums. Welcome.

Well, now that I know you are real...I will be able to talk to you comfortably.

Bowser
12-20-09, 00:49
Still trying to figure my way around this site.

You can post pics of your AR here

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=642

Just as interesting as the person is their weapon.

GrumpyM4
12-20-09, 04:14
Damn. Too bad I don't get the Mil channel around here or I could make fun of the bad acting too....:D

I'd be happy to go to hollywood and play with guns for a living, but nobody wants to see my ugly mug on the tube....;)

RogerinTPA
12-20-09, 08:07
I'm not an internet geek...dorks...ok so I am, but I'm not a fat man in tighty whities touching myself everytime you say Jen is hot.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae61/jenjitsuxiii/IMG05991-1.jpg

OK... I relent, you are real and Hot! :) I often wondered why more gun enthusiast woman aren't on this forum. Welcome aboard Jen!

M4Fundi
12-20-09, 09:24
Jen I'm sure you are an intelligent and highly capable person too ;)

Welcome to M4C:)

Outlander Systems
12-20-09, 10:21
I'm assuming Ms. X's presence here means that the man-crushes on Haley and Costa will take a hit.

steve-oh
12-20-09, 11:20
I'm assuming Ms. X's presence here means that the man-crushes on Haley and Costa will take a hit.

There are no real Haleys and Costas on the internet, only fat airsofters touching their whitey tideys everytime someone talks about the beard.

On that note, I thought it was kind of interesting they were marketing their OPFOR as elite. "He's done FOUR YEARS in the Marines." Still, I missed that show, looks interesting.

Outlander Systems
12-20-09, 12:05
There are no real Haleys and Costas on the internet, only fat airsofters touching their whitey tideys everytime someone talks about the beard.

On that note, I thought it was kind of interesting they were marketing their OPFOR as elite. "He's done FOUR YEARS in the Marines." Still, I missed that show, looks interesting.

If Costa's beard is Kevlar, is Drake's Nomex?

JenX
12-20-09, 12:33

EXACTLY! I'm sure many would view the show differently if it was marketed properly to reflect exactly what it is A TV SHOW produced by civilians. I didn't know anything about the show when I was asked to do it. They said it was about military tactics and we were pretty much playing capture the flag with sim rounds. Once we all found out what was really going on I just sat back and waited to get bashed for being the only female (by airsofters and Marines who have never worked with women ...let alone touch a real one in person).

You gotta admit~ It is entertaining and all of you have seen it, so obviously they did something right.

JenX
12-20-09, 12:36
Jen I'm sure you are an intelligent and highly capable person too ;)

Welcome to M4C:)

I have my moments, THANKS!

Spoon
12-20-09, 12:36
Thanks MarshallDodge. Still trying to figure my way around this site. So far everyone seems super rad!
Welcome to the site! I love this place you'll find no BS content here. I'm curious though do you plan or already taking any quality firearm classes? I think they will help the quality of firearm handling in shows and keep the haters at bay.

JenX
12-20-09, 13:15
Welcome to the site! I love this place you'll find no BS content here. I'm curious though do you plan or already taking any quality firearm classes? I think they will help the quality of firearm handling in shows and keep the haters at bay.

I'm all about learning. I'd like to take as many courses as possible. Right now I'm in CA the land of stupid gun laws. I should take my next family vacation to Shaw's place at the MWICS.

SkiDevil
12-21-09, 00:39
I'm all about learning. I'd like to take as many courses as possible. Right now I'm in CA the land of stupid gun laws. I should take my next family vacation to Shaw's place at the MWICS.

Hello Jen,

Yes, there are some silly laws here but there are still opportunities to receive quality training in the responsible use of firearms.

If you are in the Southern California area one of the best around here is ITTS operated by Scotty Reitz, a former Metro Officer and LAPD SWAT member. They have a variety of courses, many open to non-LEO/ Mil., as well. There are rental firearms available if you do not have a particular gun for a course you may have an interest in. The training provided is real world with the intent to ensure you are as prepared as possible for a life and death encounter with firearms, no competitive B.S. there. A very nice group of people.

Link: http://www.internationaltactical.com/index.asp

Many of the prominent trainers and training organizations usually make their way through either the LA or San Diego areas during the year as well.

You can also contact the California Pistol and Rifle Association (CRPA) for additional information on ranges and other firearm activities opportunities available.

Link: http://www.meetup.com/www-crpa-org/

Additional source - Cal NRA: http://www.nra.org/nralocal.aspx

There are several ranges in the Los Angeles area if you find yourself in Hollywood.

If you can't find what you are looking for drop me a PM and I can probably point you in the right direction. I have shot at most of the ranges in the LA/ SoCal areas.

Best of Luck with your show and like a few others have said, Welcome.:D

SkiDevil

P.S. I have no professional affiliation with ITTS. There are many training organizations available in the SoCal areas, but probably few of their caliber.

JenX
12-21-09, 02:33
Hello Jen,

Yes, there are some silly laws here but there are still opportunities to receive quality training in the responsible use of firearms.

If you are in the Southern California area one of the best around here is ITTS operated by Scotty Reitz, a former Metro Officer and LAPD SWAT member. They have a variety of courses, many open to non-LEO/ Mil., as well. There are rental firearms available if you do not have a particular gun for a course you may have an interest in. The training provided is real world with the intent to ensure you are as prepared as possible for a life and death encounter with firearms, no competitive B.S. there. A very nice group of people.

Link: http://www.internationaltactical.com/index.asp

Many of the prominent trainers and training organizations usually make their way through either the LA or San Diego areas during the year as well.

You can also contact the California Pistol and Rifle Association (CRPA) for additional information on ranges and other firearm activities opportunities available.

Link: http://www.meetup.com/www-crpa-org/

Additional source - Cal NRA: http://www.nra.org/nralocal.aspx

There are several ranges in the Los Angeles area if you find yourself in Hollywood.

If you can't find what you are looking for drop me a PM and I can probably point you in the right direction. I have shot at most of the ranges in the LA/ SoCal areas.

Best of Luck with your show and like a few others have said, Welcome.:D

SkiDevil

P.S. I have no professional affiliation with ITTS. There are many training organizations available in the SoCal areas, but probably few of their caliber.

RAD! I'll have to see how much all that costs. I'm all about grabbing friends who have way more experience than me and learning hands on. If anyone wants to grab some bullets and range time let me know. I've got nothing but free time for the next month.

Animal_Mother556
12-21-09, 07:21
RAD! I'll have to see how much all that costs. I'm all about grabbing friends who have way more experience than me and learning hands on. If anyone wants to grab some bullets and range time let me know. I've got nothing but free time for the next month.

I've never wanted to live in California so bad in all my life.

RogerinTPA
12-21-09, 09:42
You folks who live behind the lines in Kommiefornia, need to move one state over in any direction, just over the border, and commute. I love the state, but the politics and gun laws, makes me want to projectile vomit.

JenX
12-21-09, 09:44
You folks who live behind the lines in Kommiefornia, need to move one state over in any direction, just over the border, and commute. I love the state, but the politics and gun laws, makes me want to projectile vomit.

Dude for seriously!!!! I have a concealed weapons permit that is good in 10 states..CA is NOT one of them! I wasn't born in this state and I will NOT die in this state...long live the NRA!

Outlander Systems
12-21-09, 12:18
Florida: PRK, only with more shoreline, better laws, and where gangs don't outnumber LEOs.

Alex V
12-21-09, 12:18
I don't "do" married! Sorry guys.

You're in luck... I don't either...

You mean you are not? Well then forget it, I'm no longer interested!

aaaaahahahahaha

Looks like my skills as the bait on "To Catch A Predetor" may not work on you... damnit!

Okay... thats sick... back on topic.

cevtv
12-21-09, 16:36
Yes there is truth in it. I am on contract with the same production company Wil did his show with. Not sure it will actually go anywhere any time soon. Hollywood is a funny little town. Military channel want's me, but its just a matter of "what" they want me to do.

Sweet! Good luck with it. I hope you can actually get a deal that works for you!

Bantee
12-21-09, 19:38
Magpul's on this site throwing around free AFG's, a pretty blonde shows up, and now the man crush is over? WTF? I looked at her picture once or twice "100 to 200" times. I can assure you she can't even grow a beard, let alone a projectile defeating Kevlar beard. I say let the man-crush live!!!:D